Official Press Release LEGO Ideas #011 WALL•E

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Official Press Release LEGO Ideas #011 WALL•E

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 pm

We've seen pictures for 21303 Wall-E earlier and now, the official press release for LEGO IDEAS #11 Wall-E is here! The set will be available for sale beginning September 1st for $49.99 / EUR 49,99.

Here's the official product description:

Build, display and role play with WALL•E! Construct the LEGO® Ideas version of WALL•E with posable neck, adjustable head and arms, gripping hands, opening trunk and rolling tracks.

Build a beautifully detailed LEGO® version of WALL•E—the last robot left on Earth! Created by Angus MacLane, an animator and director at Pixar Animation Studios, and selected by LEGO Ideas members, the development of this model began alongside the making of the lovable animated character for the classic Pixar feature film. It has taken almost a decade to perfect the LEGO version, which incorporates many authentic WALL•E characteristics, including a posable neck, adjustable head, arms that move up and down and side to side, plus gripping hands and rolling tracks. With a trunk that opens and closes, you can tidy up the planet one pile of garbage at a time! This set also includes a booklet about the designer and the animated Pixar movie.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/official-press-r ... e2%80%a2e/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

frackbricks
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Official Press Release LEGO Ideas #011 WALL•E

Post by frackbricks » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:56 pm

I can not be the only one that really does not see any value in this set. Unless you get some interesting parts in it. The entire set can be built from BrickLink purchases.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:14 pm

frackbricks wrote:I can not be the only one that really does not see any value in this set. Unless you get some interesting parts in it. The entire set can be built from BrickLink purchases.
For me its NOT a must have for the exact reason that you mentioned... it appears that I could build it with parts that I already have (or can buy easily from bricklink). Still I think it looks like a great set. It would be a very cool build for anyone (fun to build and display/play). I'm sure that it will be very collectible as well. My son wants one already. I like that it has NO minifigures and is larger scale than normal (not minifig scale). I think this could encourage more creativity for young ones. It reminds me very much of the now retired large r2-d2 #10225 set http://shop.lego.com/en-US/R2-D2-10225 and the current mega (ssshh.. can I say that here? :-D ) blok Build a minion set http://www.jangbricks.com/2015/06/mega- ... n-set.html I do agree with you that the lack of exclusive parts and/or minifigs may hurt sales somewhat.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:53 am

The lack of exclusive parts won't hurt sales at all. 99.9999999% of people don't care about that, they will want it because it's Wall-e and it's awesome.