LEGO Ideas The Hobbit-Rivendell Reaches 10 000 Supporters

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Ideas The Hobbit-Rivendell Reaches 10 000 Supporters

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:58 pm

Another LEGO Ideas creation has just reached 10 000 supporters. Congrats to fishingtwister's creation for The Hobbit-Rivendell! You can find out more about this creation on LEGO Ideas.

Additional LEGO Ideas projects are also getting close to reaching 10 000 supporters including Indominus Rex and The Little Prince!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-ideas-the-h ... upporters/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Ideas The Hobbit-Rivendell Reaches 10 000 Supporter

Post by massakassa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:20 am

Pretty pointless, obviously Lego will never produce a huge set like this.

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:33 am

That seems really deceptive. They show photos of the whole display piece including the mountain scenery but then the fine prints tells you it is just a few buildings they are proposing. They should have really included clear photos of what exactly they were intending to include.

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:04 am

massakassa wrote:Pretty pointless, obviously Lego will never produce a huge set like this.
Agreed. While great, IMO LEGO will not produce this as a set.
I think LEGOs unofficial threshold in cost (yknow the one they say they do not have) is about 59.99 USD.
I think LEGO does this because if the set tanks they are not too hurt by it. However, if they make a ton of a modular type set and it tanks they are out big money, or have to do a massive cut to the proceeds, which hurts their bottom dollar when they also have to give proceeds to the creator of the set.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Always read the fine print. ;-) Won't supporters get disappointed when they realize it is only for 10 buildings under 5000 pieces versus the 120,000 pieces in the pictures?

LEGO do say they can’t make everything, but every project in review gets a fair shot.

Maybe a fair shot to get shot down. :lol:

DmChylde
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by DmChylde » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:40 pm

massakassa wrote:Pretty pointless, obviously Lego will never produce a huge set like this.
Agreed, 5000 pieces would put it on par with the Taj & the UCS Falcon, and isn't LotR line done?
bea wrote:That seems really deceptive. They show photos of the whole display piece including the mountain scenery but then the fine prints tells you it is just a few buildings they are proposing. They should have really included clear photos of what exactly they were intending to include.
Like several other support my this or that types they received the clickbait for the photos, you had to read the last line to what you get. Like all the legal-eeze in a EULA, besides I liked Alice and David's version way better:

ImageBricks Cascade 2014 by J.J. Williams, on Flickr

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:29 pm

20 minifigures... That should drive the price up. I have no problem with someone showing their build in an environment (mountain in this case). IF the set were produced I would expect the LEGO company to exclude the mountain from all images though so that consumers aren't confused.

I would love to have at least one more LOTR or Hobbit set but this one isn't really the one for me. I would like to see something else... maybe a structure/scene from the films that was neglected in the LEGO sets. I would love to see some Gondor troops with new helmet molds. Maybe a Osgiliath ruins scene (with or without a fell beast)? A large build of a Oliphaunt with troops would be interesting. I would love to see any set that had lots of Uruk-hai since they are no longer available in sets.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:13 pm

DmChylde wrote: I liked Alice and David's version way better:

ImageBricks Cascade 2014 by J.J. Williams, on Flickr
Agreed, I was lucky enough to see it in person at bricks cascade and I have made similar comments in the past about the comparison of the two.

Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Athos » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:35 pm

What they actually propose to include is pretty dull. Its all the foliage and landscaping that makes it an impressive MOC. Without it, its just a bunch of loose, rather dull, buildings. Probably won't get made, anyway.

Steve

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:49 am

Great project. Awesome details... But the entire hobbit / Lotr theme is done. There are no new movies scheduled which might resurrect the theme this year.