LEGO Star Wars Mini R2-D2 Buildable Minifigure & 2017 Batman Movie Polybag Set

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Star Wars Mini R2-D2 Buildable Minifigure & 2017 Batman Movie Polybag Set

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Two new LEGO licensed polybags have recently surfaced online. The first is a buildable LEGO Star Wars 30611 R2-D2 Minifigure Polybag set. This minifigure is a highly detailed version of a mini buildable R2-D2. This polybag set apparently surfaced from an eBay listing which recently ended at a selling price of $99.99 USD! However, readers should not fear as it could possibly be easier to obtain in the near future. The second polybag set is a LEGO Batman Movie one. (via Minifigpriceguide)

LEGO Star Wars 30611 R2-D2 Minifigure Polybag Set 2017

LEGO Batman Movie Polybag Set 41 Pieces 2017

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-star-wars-m ... lybag-set/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO Star Wars Mini R2-D2 Buildable Minifigure & 2017 Ba

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:36 am

Isn't that dome on R2 much larger than normal? Are you sure it is legit?

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:39 pm

lego the hutt wrote:Isn't that dome on R2 much larger than normal? Are you sure it is legit?
It looks normal to me. I'm not much of a fan for this R2, the whole thing just seems to not flow.
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:45 pm

Someone on another forum mentioned that it might be a reprinted dome from the UCS jedi starfighter. Looking it up, the wiki says that piece is unique to that set. That would explain why it looks like a strange size.

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:52 pm

Ya, the piece has been used before in the UCS Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter (10215). It was a red R4 unit, so the mold has just been reused to make R2's head.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:17 am

That would explain the dome being large. I am still a bit skeptical because I don't see the Lego trademark on the studs...even when blowing it up on a big screen tv. Could be just the low resolution photo though.
I'm hoping it ends up as legit. The packaging looks correct to me.

Edit: so there is another picture not shown here that is showing the polybag from the back. You can clearly see the Lego logo on the studs through the back of the bag (and that isn't even as much of a close up shot). Strange that they aren't visible on the picture of the built model.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:30 am

People read way too much into LEGO sets. It's a real set, most likely from Europe as there is no piece count on the bag.

You can also barely see the EG in the stud on the front bottom stud.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Post by captainrex803 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Other photos online indicate that this was made with genuine LEGO parts. At http://i.imgur.com/uYHzsHT.jpg it is easier to see a bit of the branding on the grey studs at R2's "feet"
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:58 pm

Definitely fake. I mean look at the official directions and everything else... :lol:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wa ... tructions/

avsiggyfan
I'm New !

Post by avsiggyfan » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:17 pm

Good luck trying to get the Batman Movie Polybag guys. I went to the store on January 6th and the manager told me that they had "run out of stock" because there were "lots of kids" the past few days due to Christmas break. She added that the store would not be getting anymore polybags too. Even if they did receive more, I wouldn't be allowed to participate since the event is meant for ages 6-14. I commented that the search and find activity goes on for over a month and a half and that the promotion was on for only 5 days(and they were out!!), but she said that they were giving paper Batman masks instead. Essentially, she was defending herself.

I think I'll be going ahead to give a call to Lego about my frustrations. Anyone have a similar event that happened to them?

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:29 pm

avsiggyfan wrote:Good luck trying to get the Batman Movie Polybag guys. I went to the store on January 6th and the manager told me that they had "run out of stock" because there were "lots of kids" the past few days due to Christmas break. She added that the store would not be getting anymore polybags too. Even if they did receive more, I wouldn't be allowed to participate since the event is meant for ages 6-14. I commented that the search and find activity goes on for over a month and a half and that the promotion was on for only 5 days(and they were out!!), but she said that they were giving paper Batman masks instead. Essentially, she was defending herself.

I think I'll be going ahead to give a call to Lego about my frustrations. Anyone have a similar event that happened to them?
Wow, they really cleared house in a week.

tcobra98
I'm New !

Post by tcobra98 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:35 am

My kids were also given the paper masks during monthly mini-built (1/4/17). Our store (MI) was not even aware of the ploybag. Maybe only certain stores were given the polybags?