A new 18+ LEGO UCS DC Comics Super Heroes 76161 Batwing 1989 has been officially revealed. Contains 2363 pieces. Available exclusively to LEGO VIPs beginning October 21, 2020 and to the general public on November 1, 2020 at LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK | Australia). Price is $199.99 USD / $259.99 CAD / £179.99 GBP. Search 76161 on LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK | Australia) for additional product images.
LEGO 1989 Batwing 76161 Product Description
This is no kid’s toy. If you’re serious about BATMAN, comic book super heroes or making cool models, this LEGO DC BATMAN 1989 Batwing is for you!
Batwing construction project
Recreate the authentic detail and gothic elegance of BATMAN’s iconic aircraft, the Batwing, with this LEGO brick build-and-display model. The impressive reproduction features realistic details, removable canopy, full interior, poseable flaps and a new special brick that will allow you to mount and display your model on your wall. There’s also a stand, nameplate and 3 minifigures – BATMAN, THE JOKER and a Lawrence the Boombox Goon – to create an impressive setting for your model.
LEGO brick model-making kits
Escape the busy world for a moment and discover the joy of creative construction with adult LEGO building sets. Satisfying to build and stunning to display, adult LEGO kits make great birthday gifts, holiday presents and personal treats for anyone interested in model making or comic culture.
- Indulge your passion for the Caped Crusader with the LEGO® DC BATMAN 1989 Batwing. If you’re an adult Batman fan or a model-building enthusiast, this buildable display model of the Batwing is for you!
- The iconic style of the Batwing from the 1989 BATMAN movie is enhanced by a sturdy stand, nameplate and 3 minifigures: BATMAN, THE JOKER and a Boombox goon.
- This challenging and rewarding building project provides an engrossing and stress-relieving break from the real world – and will look great when displayed on the wall or on its stand in your home or workplace.
- Any superhero or LEGO fan will love this 2,363-piece construction kit. Whether you buy it for yourself, as a birthday gift or a holiday present, the LEGO Batwing model is sure to deliver hours of enjoyment.
- Measuring over 4” (11cm) high, 20” (52cm) long and 22” (58cm) wide, the LEGO DC BATMAN 1989 Batwing looks stunning on its stand and when attached to the wall.
- No batteries required. This collectible piece of BATMAN memorabilia offers a hands-on, build-and-display experience that will catch the eye of every BATMAN, sci-fi or model-making enthusiast.
- Easy-to-follow, high-quality instructions are included to ensure you gain maximum enjoyment from this fascinating construction project.
- Part of a series of authentic LEGO reproductions designed to deliver a satisfying build-and-display experience. For more in the series, check out the LEGO DC BATMAN 1989 Batmobile.
- No super-powers arerequired to connect and pull apart LEGO bricks and pieces. They meet the highest industry standard, which ensures they fit together and separate perfectly every time.
- LEGO bricks and pieces are rigorously tested to ensure your awesome display model meets the highest toy safety standards in GOTHAM CITY and the rest of planet Earth.
LEGO 1989 Batwing 76161 Press Release
BILLUND, September 19, 2020: It may not soar to Gotham city, but the LEGO Group’s latest release with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC, the LEGO DC BATMAN 1989 Batwing, is sure to transport fans to their most memorable DC Super Hero moments this Batman Day. Fans of Batman and avid builders are in for some serious fun as they embark on their journey to construct the ultimate Super Hero vehicle in the LEGO DC BATMAN collection.
The new LEGO 1989 Batwing draws upon the design seen in Tim Burton’s iconic 1989 BATMAN film, using the smooth lines and features from the original model to bring an impressive gothic elegance to any LEGO collection. DC and LEGO fans alike can indulge in their passion for the Caped Crusader as they explore all the delightful features of this new set, including a full interior, removable canopy and posable aerodynamic flaps. To add to the excitement, the construction kit is also dotted with Easter eggs to surprise builders, such as a screen featuring The Joker’s gas balloons and a ‘Bat Engine’ label on the vehicle’s engine – helping to truly transport builders back to 1989 and into the BATMAN universe.
Once completed, the 2,363-piece set is a real showstopper, measuring over 4” (11cm) high, 20” (52cm) long and 22” (58cm) wide. The construction set also features a special brick which allows builders to mount and display their model on the wall for added impact, making the LEGO® DC BATMAN 1989 set a wonderful addition to a Batman lover’s LEGO collection, joining the previously released LEGO DC BATMAN 1989 Batmobile to make a dark and dramatic display in any home.
Speaking about the details of the new set, LEGO Creative lead Jesper C. Nielsen said: The emblematic set truly takes fans on a journey, as they immerse themselves into Gotham city and get hands-on with the set, using Batman, The Joker and Boombox goon minifigures to relive their favourite moments from the film. Fans can even create the infamous scene when The Joker barges in on the Dark Knight and utters his classic words “have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?”.
The new LEGO 1989 Batwing construction set is the latest example of how the LEGO Group aims to inspire builders of all ages to build, rebuild and get excited by the process of creation. A complex and rewarding build, the LEGO 1989 Batwing construction set allows builders to relax as they escape from the real world and enter the Batman universe. Designed for those aged 18+, the new set will also feature the new stylish packaging designed to reflect the sophisticated nature of the creative process.
All new products in the LEGO Group’s ranges that appeal to adults will now feature the sleek, minimalistic new design across related packaging, building instructions, exclusive content and in-store and online store design.
LEGO 1989 Batwing will be available for LEGO VIP members from 21st October and for remaining LEGO fans from 1st November, directly via LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK | Australia) and LEGO Stores.
Toys N Bricks is your destination for the latest and hottest LEGO News, Sales News, Creations and Reviews! (www.toysnbricks.com)
Visit the new 2020 Toysnbricks LEGO Forums for LEGO Related Discussions. Registration is free.