The 2012 LEGO Annual Report is now available at the official LEGO site. Some of the highlights are listed below:
In 2012 the LEGO Group increased its revenue by 25% to USD 4,040 million – nearly triple the sales of 2007. This represents the fifth consecutive year in which the LEGO Group delivered year over year revenue growth in excess of 15%.
Key facts from the LEGO Group’s annual report for 2012, which was published today:
• The year’s operating profit increased to USD 1,373 million against USD 1,057 million in 2011, an increase of 40%.
• The operating margin increased to 34% from 30% in 2011.
• The year’s net profit increased to USD 969 million against USD 776 million in 2011.
• The revenue increased by 25% to USD 4,040 million against USD 3,495 million in 2011. In local currency (i.e. excluding the impact of foreign exchange changes) revenue increased 20% year over year.
• The net cash generated from operating activities was USD 1,100 million against USD 666 million in 2011.
• In 2012 the Group paid USD 330 million in corporate income taxes.
In addition to the annual report, LEGO Friends also doubled revenue expectations since its launch in 2012! You can read more about it here.
(thanks to Jonathan and Dennis for the news)