More 2021 Chinese Culture/Chinese Lunar New Year LEGO sets are coming soon! There will be three new LEGO Chinese Culture/Chinese Lunar New Year sets as well as 7 new LEGO Monkie Kid sets. LEGO Story of Nian and LEGO Spring Lantern Festival sets will be available in China and Asia Pacific markets starting January 1st, 2021. For the worldwide market, it would be available January 10th, 2021 at LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK | Australia). The LEGO DUPLO Town Happy Childhood Moments set will be available January 1, 2021 at LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK | Australia). Additional images can be downloaded from LEGO.
January 2021 LEGO Chinese Sets
- 2021 January LEGO 80106 Story of Nian Chinese Culture Lunar New Year Set
- 2021 January LEGO DUPLO Town Happy Childhood Moments Chinese Culture Lunar New Year Set
- 2021 LEGO 80107 Spring Lantern Festival Chinese Culture Lunar New Year Set
March 2021 LEGO Monkie Kid Sets
- 7 New LEGO Monkie Kids sets including 80023 LEGO Monkie Kids’ Team Quadcopter
LEGO Press Release
November 6, 2020: Today, the LEGO Group revealed four new LEGO® sets celebrating classic Chinese culture and legends at the 3rd China International Import Exhibition (CIIE). This is the company’s largest scale of novelty unveils at the CIIE since 2018.
The new offerings range from within themes such as LEGO® DUPLO, the popular LEGO® Chinese Traditional Festival and the newly-launched LEGO® Monkie Kid.
LEGO® DUPLO Town Happy Childhood Moments taps into two critical moments of a toddlers’ life in China: Chinese New Year and kindergarten. It can support Chinese parents to teach their preschoolers about traditions of the lunar new year and key skills to prepare kindergarten life in a playful way. It is also the first LEGO DUPLO set that is customized for Chinese pre-school families.
LEGO® Story of Nian invites children to learn the old story about Nian and celebrates the Chinese new year with LEGO bricks. It features a brick-built Chinese residence with traditional decorations, a snowy scene that is brought to life with a posable Nian creature, a snowman figure and six minifigures including grandpa, grandma, three children and a person in an ox costume to mark the Year of the Ox in 2021.
LEGO® Spring Lantern Festival recreates the magical atmosphere of the festival which marks the end of the lunar new year celebrations. It features a brick-built Chinese garden with moon gates, pavilion, pond and bridge, a special ox lantern illuminated by a LEGO light brick as well as other must-have items during the festival like a rabbit lantern and a Tang Yuan rice ball.
To inspire children to learn more about Chinese traditions when building, illustrations are telling the legendary stories of Nian. The Lantern Festival is added on the building instructions of the two sets, which is the first time this kind of feature appears in the LEGO Chinese Traditional Festival theme.
LEGO® Monkie Kids’ Team Quadcopter, is a new set from the LEGO Monkie Kid theme. It presents the story of Monkie Kid’s team of heroes and their battle with Spider Queen and perfectly combines the modern hi-tech fantasy elements with the well-known Chinese story. The LEGO Monkie Kid theme was launched in May 2020 as the first LEGO theme inspired by a classic Chinese legend. The new set joins the range of 11 sets, which have already been released, to empower children to be brave, resilient and optimistic through creative play.
The LEGO® Story of Nian and LEGO® Spring Lantern Festival sets will be available in China and Asia Pacific markets from January 1st, 2021, and from January 10th, 2021 on LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK | Australia) and other markets in the world. The LEGO® DUPLO Town Happy Childhood Moments set will be available across LEGO branded retail stores and LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK | Australia) globally from January 1st 2021. The LEGO® Monkie Kids’ Team Quadcopter set will be available from March 1, 2021, together with another six new LEGO® Monkie Kid sets.
Paul Huang, Senior Vice President of the LEGO Group and General Manager of LEGO China, said “We are excited and proud of unveiling new products at the CIIE for the third year in a row. All these novelties are rooted firmly with the Chinese culture and values, and provide a common ground for children and families to build and play together. By doing this, we can bring the LEGO play closer to the hearts of Chinese consumers and support the children with learning through play experiences.”
Under the theme of “Rebuild the World,” the 378-square-meter LEGO Group booth at CIIE celebrates the endless imagination and unique ingenuity that kids possess. Besides a large line-up of toy and education products, a 2.7m (height) x 2m (width) installation made by 62,750 LEGO bricks is displayed at the booth, acting as a joyful symbol of hope and positivity. One hundred LEGO creations built by 100 Chinese kids are added on the globe, showcasing the inspirational creativity of children and their powerful imaginations to make sense of the world.
“We want to celebrate children’s creativity at our booth and provide the visitors the opportunity to see the world through the kids’ eyes. The LEGO System in Play is a fantastic platform for playful expression, unlocking kids’ endless creativity and inspiring a constant cycle of building, unbuilding and rebuilding,” Huang added.
Other highlights of the LEGO Group booth
- Build your own car or a lovely cat, and let them run on the screen through scanning your creations! All visitors are welcomed to build anything that you can imagine about home, vehicles or animals enabled by the LEGO bricks.
- With symbolic, traditional Chinese architecture styles, the Chinese Culture Zone is designed to present a family of LEGO sets which are inspired by the Chinese culture. Check out the area that is deeply rooted in the Chinese traditions including LEGO Monkie Kid theme, LEGO Chinese Traditional Festival sets and the novelties which are unveiled at the 3rd CIIE.
- The third time that a 3D model featuring Jinbao, the mascot of CIIE, appears at the exhibition since 2018.
- Fluid play: The new LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor is designed to help young inventors raise their coding and building confidence and give them the tools to create anything they can imagine.
- Learning through play and hands-on learning is even more relevant today and helps build confidence and resilience in students. Learning must continue, whether in person, online or a mix of both. LEGO® Education launched at the 3rd CIIE a range of its resources and tools to support educators navigating teaching to keep students engaged in today’s classroom. The brand-new unit called Training Trackers incorporate both physical activity and hybrid learning with a focus on core science and math concepts to complete the robust STEAM curriculum designed for its middle school solution, LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime.
Toys N Bricks is your destination for the latest and hottest LEGO News, Sales News, Creations and Reviews! (www.toysnbricks.com)
Visit the new 2020 Toysnbricks LEGO Forums for LEGO Related Discussions. Registration is free.