Black Friday Walmart 2015

Forum for this year's LEGO Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales! Black Friday is on November 27th, 2015.
StClair
Count
Count

Re: Black Friday Walmart 2015

Post by StClair » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:51 pm

cczzz wrote:Guys, check Walmart online NOW. I accidentally found out that some local store actually have XXL in store with price of 30$, but only for pick up. Just ordered 1, but I have a feeling that if you want more you could order it several times. Only 7 miles away from my home and totally worth it. :-D
Hey cczzz, were you able to pick yours up or get an email stating that its ready for pickup yet? My order for 1x XXL box is still "processing".

cczzz
I'm New !

Post by cczzz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:45 pm

StClair wrote:
cczzz wrote:Guys, check Walmart online NOW. I accidentally found out that some local store actually have XXL in store with price of 30$, but only for pick up. Just ordered 1, but I have a feeling that if you want more you could order it several times. Only 7 miles away from my home and totally worth it. :-D
Hey cczzz, were you able to pick yours up or get an email stating that its ready for pickup yet? My order for 1x XXL box is still "processing".

Unfortunately, mine as well...I even stopped by the Walmart store this evening(even without the confirmation), and there's NOBODY serving at pick-up center. About 30 angry people were waiting in lines and still no staff were there to help them out. I checked in-store also, but no XXL box was found. That's all I know. I may stop by tomorrow again, though I'm not that optimistic about my owning this set any more.... :sad:

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:27 am

I went to our Mountain View, Calif. Walmart at 7:00 pm Friday after Thanksgiving. I managed to find 1 stray 10697 box which must have been left somewhere else and later put up on the LEGO shelf. If you really want the set, but didn't want to fight the crowds, Keep a look out. I've even got the 5512 XXL for half off ($15) months after Black Friday. Sometimes they may return some from Layaway so there is slight chance of finding some. I've even passed on a Black Friday Duplo 10557 spotted in April! for $7.

UPDATE: 10697 is Available online but price is now $48.84

semajnollissor
Peasant
Peasant

Post by semajnollissor » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:01 am

$48.84 for 10697 is still way better than the going rate for the set on eBay or bricklink, and still the best $/part on any of the classic brick sets.

In other news, set 10695 is back in stock for $30 as well, after being out of stock online for quite awhile.

cczzz
I'm New !

Post by cczzz » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:13 am

StClair wrote:Got one of the classic large creative boxes 10697 online (maybe)! Clicked the "Free pickup: Not available" button. Entered my zip code to search.. no luck. Tried the zip code of my parents and success! I was only able to get one though. Now to see if Dad is up to a trip to Walmart. Order is being processed now. Fingers crossed.

and.. order out of stock and is cancelled. Item is now online available though for $48.84.

Sad...Sorry to know your order was canceled. Mine still have no update...$48.84 is still a good price though. I would get one if mine is canceled later.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:16 am

cczzz wrote:
StClair wrote:Got one of the classic large creative boxes 10697 online (maybe)! Clicked the "Free pickup: Not available" button. Entered my zip code to search.. no luck. Tried the zip code of my parents and success! I was only able to get one though. Now to see if Dad is up to a trip to Walmart. Order is being processed now. Fingers crossed.

and.. order out of stock and is cancelled. Item is now online available though for $48.84.

Sad...Sorry to know your order was canceled. Mine still have no update...$48.84 is still a good price though. I would get one if mine is canceled later.
cczzz: I hope that your order goes through.
I agree with what you and others have said... the price of $48.84 is still a great price (although of course $30 would have been great). My son has been building small buildings/businesses with his LEGO parts. His first was a small one level comic book store. He doesn't like to take apart things to use the parts. Frustrating for me bc that's what I constantly. That is I constantly build things and then eventually take them apart to build new things. So he wants more basic bricks and elements like windows and doors to build more buildings. I wanted one of these large boxes for him since its a great value for basic bricks (better than ebay and bricklink). I checked the contents of the large creative box at brickset. I did an incredibly rough count of only basic "bricks" and tiles since these are parts that we always need (this includes all colors and even the translucent bricks). My rough count came to 1068 basic "bricks" and tiles. At $48.84 that is slightly less than 5 cents per part (plus all of the other parts that I didn't count.. plates and other more rare elements). The Large Creative box has total of 1500 parts for $48.84 (less than 4cents per part). Comparing this to two different modular buildings this is a great deal. The Detective Agency is $160 with 2262 parts (7cents per element) and the Palace Cinema is $150 with 2196 parts (7cents per part). So based on price per part the Large Creative Box is a better value for parts.

Part of me says buy him a modular building instead of the Large Creative Box because they are so much fun to build and may have rare elements BUT in the case of my son he would build the Modular building and NEVER take it apart to use the parts. The only LEGO items on his Christmas list was the Ghostbuster Ecto-1 and the Doctor Who (Ideas set) and LEGO Dimensions for Wii U so I'm going with the Large Creative Box and NOT a modular building. I want him to build his own things and I have lots of windows and doors that I can share (give) him from other sets.

In conclusion. I would have preferred the $30 price for the 1500 piece Large Creative Box but at $48.84 I'm going to quickly place an order for one. (plus it has lots of interesting colors. Really check out the contents on brickset).

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:26 am

deleted by stclair

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:37 am

XXL? Weird but It looks like the U.S. has no XXL written on the box. I don't know if the U.S. 10697 is different from other Countries but the U.S. version has a "Warning Choking Hazard" print where the XXL would go. (Bottom Left near the Red Tractor) Also on the U.S. version one side has no LEGO build samples but the XXL version has a Blue Bus and Crane.

10697 is now $45. (Of course most of you have the Walmart LEGO 10697 webpage bookmarked and know this)
Last edited by dehnehsu on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cczzz
I'm New !

Post by cczzz » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:28 pm

StClair wrote:deleted by stclair
Just want to let you know that my order is canceled as well and I rushed to the Walmart.com to get a $49 XXL....

Well, you did save time in waiting at Thanksgiving by spend extra money, let's be optimistic :-) . Besides, I got a similar kids as yours who never reuse the brick from a built set. If you have any idea to help, please let me know

Update: since XXL is out of stock now in Walmart.com, I would say it's still worth it to get one (although I haven't receive the shipping confirmation for now) with $49 before it's too late.
Last edited by cczzz on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

semajnollissor
Peasant
Peasant

Post by semajnollissor » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:05 pm

I snagged a copy of 10697 on Friday by using the Walmart app to show if any stores near me had the set in stock, and was able to pick up my copy of the set on Saturday.

I just now opened it, and doing a rough inventory it seems like the dark gray 16x16 plate is missing. I'll report it to Lego, but I would like to hear if it was missing from anyone else's set.

I only ask because I watched an I boxing video for this set to double check the contents, and that video didn't show the missing plate either, just the same 9 bags I got in my box. The plate doesn't appear to be in any of the bags, so now I'm wondering if the parts shown on the back of the box are incorrect.

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:12 am

semajnollissor wrote:I just now opened it, and doing a rough inventory it seems like the dark gray 16x16 plate is missing. I'll report it to Lego, but I would like to hear if it was missing from anyone else's set.
My plate was included. 9 bags and the only two loose items are the Gray Plate and Ideas Book. I also saw a review (unboxing on YouTube) where the box was missing the plate! Other reviews have the Gray Plate!

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Looks like the big Lego set is sold out online. I added myself to an email notify list but I won't hold my breath.

But I placed an order for the Duplo set at $45. I'll gladly pay the $15 difference to avoid the Black Friday bum rush. The MSRP is $60 and it will make a nice gift for my 10-month-old son. :) I had to pad out the order to get free shipping so threw in a couple of $4 pants. These kids and their clothing needs, I tell ya....

Anyone else looking for Duplo gifts or something, I also ordered a set on Amazon that is on discount. There were a couple actually, but I got this one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J4S ... PDKIKX0DER

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:49 am

I was in Walmart the other day, and someone was returning one, so I snapped it up even before it got off the returns counter