LEGO Black Friday 2015 Sales & Deals

Forum for this year's LEGO Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales! Black Friday is on November 27th, 2015.
Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Black Friday 2015 Sales & Deals

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:01 am

Aww no giveaways this year at the LEGO store. Last year they had a buildable Santa pab cup, the year before was a prize ticket. Oh well. They atleast had a yellow bag instead of the regular brown paper bag.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:24 am

Got 6-7 gingerbread houses.....sweet.
VENI VIDI VICI

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:51 am

Another year another year of the website not working. It amazes me. Get your %#@^%ing act together LEGO...

The site before was just not working right, it's now down.

egadzook
I'm New !

Post by egadzook » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:30 am

Just got an email that they had to cancel one of the items in my order, as they ran out of stock on the Brainiac Attack. Boo hiss.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:58 am

egadzook wrote:Just got an email that they had to cancel one of the items in my order, as they ran out of stock on the Brainiac Attack. Boo hiss.
Better than me, I wanted that Hobbit set for $18, the pen holder house and a very small PAB order. PAB won't add to cart, and when I click "Check Out" it directs me back to the S@H home page. The Hobbit set is now OOS. I still can't get the darn pencil holder.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Went to the store and it was pretty busy, they were out of the duplo train i wanted so i got a ship and a juniors set to get the calendar and the house, still thinking about ordering a duplo set from s@h, lol. It was a bust for the watches listed at 50% off, when i asked they said those were old stock, oh well, I ended up getting flash light head lamps and keychains at zulily instead for stocking stuffers. I was also kind of interested in the ATAT, but none top be found. I saw one guy with a huge order though, two big bags and a pile of dimensions, someone is going to have a happy Christmas!

alee84
I'm New !

Post by alee84 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:41 pm

Didn't have high hopes of finding many discounted sets. Found a Benny Spaceship for 71.99. I'm a happy camper and done shopping for the year.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:25 am

To USA Shop@home customers,

First and foremost, thanks Toysnbricks for updates this holiday season! I never got to pick up a Target minifigure cube because brickpicker members bought them all out but we scored just about everything else on our list! Without you guys, this holiday would have been more expensive and less fun for my kids!

grats to everyone that got great deals today! Now on to another topic,

Use common sense and don't be greedy with cool free promo's like GB! They are for the children and families, not resellers..

A LOT OF BANS WENT OUT TODAY. greedy resellers tried to make excessive $100 orders for the free GB. If you are in this camp and reading, you got what you deserve. Isn't 1 order or 2 enough?? But no, some folks have to keep going and going. I'm sure Lego was cool with multiple orders but not 20..

The problem with greed is that it never ends..Markets in societies of free trade are by and large regulated for the main purpose of limiting those with power from using that power to manipulate the market furthur.

The lesson: Don't abuse TLG free promo offers! simple as that.

Lego and Target and TRU don't mind resellers, but they can get very annoyed by them.. be careful.

hAppy holidays!

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:58 am

^What happens when someone gets banned? Like do they get an email from TLG? That's funny.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:33 am

I think Brickmythic is funny. “A LOT OF BANS WENT OUT TODAY”. How exactly do you know that? Like Pumpkin Ecks asked, what exactly does this letter of termination look like? So you’re saying that any and all future orders that someone deemed a reseller places will be cancelled?

I get your point here, which I wouldn’t disagree with. But when you insinuate that you have inside information and make it so dramatic, it’s not very believable. Try toning it down a little next time.

Now if you DO in fact have specifics rather than blind shots in the dark as it seems to me, please do share. I am a LEGO addict, for myself, my son, and any future kids I might have. So I’m sure at times that it might appear to TLG that I might be a reseller because of the volume I buy. So I’m always wondering if this is an argument I’m going to have to have with someone at sometime. I am absolutely certain that I am in the highest percentile of purchasers at my local LEGO store, yet I didn’t get invited to the hour early VIP thing last week, for instance. Which by the way bothers me way more than I would have enjoyed actually being invited.

PS - don't anyone bother explaining to me how the VIP event might or might not be based on purchases, submitting surveys, etc, etc. I know about all that.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm also confused by the above post by Brickmythic. This is not the thread for this specific discussion but resellers are not as bad as buthurt people like to make them out to be. Maybe it will be bad this year since TLG is behind on getting their manufacturing up to speed to meet demand but in normal case the things bought by resellers are already factored into the supply curve.

pepe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by pepe » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:03 pm

I placed multiple orders to get multiples of some promotional item and now lego will not ship to me anymore as they believe I am a business. The ban is real, I don't know what the threshold is but it did happen to me. I think I had placed 10 orders as I was getting large sets I was going to be holding on to for a while.

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:26 pm

pepe wrote:I placed multiple orders to get multiples of some promotional item and now lego will not ship to me anymore as they believe I am a business. The ban is real, I don't know what the threshold is but it did happen to me. I think I had placed 10 orders as I was getting large sets I was going to be holding on to for a while.
So what did they say?

Derevans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Derevans » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:39 pm

I'm shocked that this actually happens as I recently watched a local news story that was explaing the so called Lego Black Market, and pointed out that investing in Lego is becoming smarter than investing in some commodities. How can Lego not love all the business and revenue generated from people who buy lots. If you have the money then you should be able to purchase as much as you want. Just like @Pepe above who wanted to hang onto large sets, and @FloridaBrick. I have been spending between $600-900 per month online for the last little while, and have to take a 2 hr ferry to a Lego Store. I didn't get an invite either.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:45 am

While most people shopped online, my Lego store was pretty empty. Just about everything on sale was there and i didn't go early. Overall, the black friday deals are getting worse. No more PaB for every $75 purchase is a bummer.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Come on pepe, provide some details. Show us the email they sent you, explain what exactly you ordered, what you’ve been ordering, etc.

Brickmythic – you’re not off the hook! 1 person sounding like Han Solo “it’s real” might validate that the ban does in fact exist. But again, how do YOU know “A LOT OF BANS WENT OUT TODAY”. I’m not just out trying to call someone’s BS as it might seem. I’m interested in the details of how it actually works, and how exactly you know this information.

Derevans – I also wonder if big spenders like us are being looked at. In a 3rd group or some watch list, not quite at the banned level yet. It’s impossible to overlook our spending (I have $1,500 in points accumulated in the last 13 months, not including thousands I bought at Legoland, Amazon, Target...), yet we’re not even invited to an event that (historically) was for customers exactly like us.

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Maybe they're using a magic eight ball, or an ouija board haha. Maybe it's a pile of names written on pieces of paper and it's whoever they pull out from a bucket/magician's hat.

scotth510
Peasant
Peasant

Post by scotth510 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Derevans, I feel your pain on the ferry ride. We need a lego store on the island!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:37 pm

egadzook wrote:Just got an email that they had to cancel one of the items in my order, as they ran out of stock on the Brainiac Attack. Boo hiss.
Just noticed that the Brainiac Attack set is available at Target for $19.99 online and ships free! Good news for those that missed out on the Brainiac Set during Black Friday sale.
http://www.target.com/p/lego-super-hero ... ught|pdph1