Wal-Mart USA Black Friday 2016 LEGO Sale

Forum for this year's LEGO Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales! Black Friday is on November 25th, 2016.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Wal-Mart USA Black Friday 2016 LEGO Sale

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:20 am

This year, Wal-Mart USA will be offering the following Black Friday LEGO sales. For Black Friday 2016, sales start at 6pm Thursday, November 24th. Starts all day, Thursday, November 24th for online.

-LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack $39
-LEGO Dimensions Level or Team Pack $14 (reg.$24.99-$29.99)
-LEGO Classic Large Creative Box or LEGO Duplo My First LEGO Large Creative Box $30 each

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/wal-mart-usa-bla ... lego-sale/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Wal-Mart USA Black Friday 2016 LEGO Sale

Post by NIGELTTF » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:42 am

I went nuts and bought 16 of them. I spent $480.00 on Lego in a day. :shock:

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:37 pm

I ordered 2x Creative boxes online. Did anyone get an confirmation that their order went through (other than your order is being processed)? When I check my account it shows still being processed. I'm guessing this is because its still the Thanksgiving weekend and it may not be processed until Monday. I'm just nervous that it may be cancelled at some point.

Kainzzo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kainzzo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:40 pm

I hid the 1500 Lego in the store on Wednesday Only because I seen that the pallet was already 50% empty. I didn't think I would be successful but this afternoon I found it there. I am honestly caught in the morality issue. I bought it for a gift for my nephew but I see where people may try to exploit such a thing. It is not illegal at all but borderline crappy stashing it like that. What do you guys honestly think?

hushed
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hushed » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:01 am

Kainzzo wrote:I hid the 1500 Lego in the store on Wednesday Only because I seen that the pallet was already 50% empty. I didn't think I would be successful but this afternoon I found it there. I am honestly caught in the morality issue. I bought it for a gift for my nephew but I see where people may try to exploit such a thing. It is not illegal at all but borderline crappy stashing it like that. What do you guys honestly think?
If you aren't a reseller, then I say go for it. (I know in this case you are not reselling).

If Lego was a hobby in distress, I would say you need to leave it out so some kid could find Lego and keep the brand alive. But it is not in distress. The fact is, Lego is everywhere. If a kid wants to find Lego, they can find it.

Sure a large collection of Lego is impressive, and a large MOC is impressive. But a small MOC can drive creativity just like a large MOC. Do not worry about taking Lego from a kid, because you won't be.

Snag that deal again next year in the same manner if you must. Alternatively, you could purchase early as other people did, return the item on Black Friday, then purchase it again at the Black Friday price.

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by dehnehsu » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:53 am

Kainzzo wrote:I hid the 1500 Lego in the store on Wednesday Only because I seen that the pallet was already 50% empty. I didn't think I would be successful but this afternoon I found it there. I am honestly caught in the morality issue. I bought it for a gift for my nephew but I see where people may try to exploit such a thing. It is not illegal at all but borderline crappy stashing it like that. What do you guys honestly think?
Smart, Not greedy. Good move. Walmart should have limited the deal to 1 per customer.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:58 am

Nah a limit of one is lame, I say 3 just in case you need gifts. Would would stop me from just telling an employee to move the whole pallet in the back, I want it all, then going on Craig's list and selling them for $50?

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:26 am

stevebuscemi wrote:You must hate yourself. I bet they are all for children too, right?
Keep it civil please, its his right to purchase them. As far as you know he could have gone to multiple stores, or live in an area that doesn't have many Lego fans.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Ya'll need to shop online. These were live the night before and stayed in stock for quite a while. You could have ordered as many as you wanted to be delivered right to your door.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:06 pm

When I went online at around 1:30 am - the walmart was already out of stock and it would not allow me to order online at the $30 price - so I went to a nearby store and got 1 duplo and 1 classic at $30 each. I gave the Duplo set to a disabled neighborhood boy and the classic set I am donating to a toy drive.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:45 am

minifigW wrote:
stevebuscemi wrote:You must hate yourself. I bet they are all for children too, right?
Keep it civil please, its his right to purchase them. As far as you know he could have gone to multiple stores, or live in an area that doesn't have many Lego fans.
I did go to multiple stores and left behind twice as many as I bought. Except at the store that had none because according to the employees, one person who bought "about a hundred" of them.