71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:02 am

71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:53 pm

January 6 Update: Carlos S has put an image for the back of the box!


The first image of The LEGO Simpsons set has surfaced from Eurobricks. 71006 The Simpsons House contains 2523 pieces and 6 minifigures. What a great set to start of the theme! It contains all of the main minifigures (Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa, etc) and the House does look pretty good.

Though, with the number of pieces, you can probably expect this to be in the price of LEGO modular sets.



Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/71006-lego-the-simpsons-house/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

RayReptile
I'm New !
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:27 pm
Location: Baxter, MN

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by RayReptile » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Woohoo!

I have dreamt about Simpsons LEGO sets forever and this is a dream come true. I am super impressed with the house and can't wait to build it. I am slightly disappointed with the minifigs but that could change when I see them in person.

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by Cementups » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:42 pm

That is quite impressive. I'm curious to see the price figure on this. I'm guessing the $150 range.

twbooth
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:45 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by twbooth » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:01 pm

2500 parts and licensed?!? I'm gonna guess $200, bc unless the interior is spectacular not many will buy at $250-300. I just hope they have a Canyonero, three-eyed fish (polybag?!?), and the nuclear power plant!

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:57 pm
Location: USA

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by stevebuscemi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:43 pm

LEGO: Knowning how to build AFOL sets that are way overpriced since....5-10 years ago.

This will be $249.99 most likely. Still pretty cool though.

User avatar
byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by byobu » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Hopefully it's $199.99 or $225? Psychologically it's more palatable than $249.99

For the sake of comparison, another licence set --> Tower of Orthanc from LOTR is 2359 pieces and it's $199.99.

This one is 2523 pieces.

Also, this set must be the high end of the category. I wonder what's at the lower end, the $19.99 -$39.99
A Quick-e mart? Moe's Tavern?

So excited! :-D

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:49 pm

byobu wrote:Also, this set must be the high end of the category. I wonder what's at the lower end, the $19.99 -$39.99
A Quick-e mart? Moe's Tavern?

So excited! :-D
The rumor I heard months ago was that they were only making the house and no other set besides the blind pack minifigs. Hopefully that is not true. Maybe it is half true as it could be the only set available for awhile.

This year is going to be so expensive.

RayReptile
I'm New !
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:27 pm
Location: Baxter, MN

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by RayReptile » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:
byobu wrote:Also, this set must be the high end of the category. I wonder what's at the lower end, the $19.99 -$39.99
A Quick-e mart? Moe's Tavern?

So excited! :-D
The rumor I heard months ago was that they were only making the house and no other set besides the blind pack minifigs. Hopefully that is not true. Maybe it is half true as it could be the only set available for awhile.

This year is going to be so expensive.
They are only doing the house for now and the blind packs. No other sets.

User avatar
BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Bayport,NY

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by BrickGarurumon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:57 am

Sweet.

das_mikey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 5:58 am
Location: Floriduh - United States

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by das_mikey » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:09 am

I believe the phrase is "Shut up and take my money." :)

twbooth
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:45 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by twbooth » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 am

Looks like this has the Interwebs up in a tizzy... First time I've seen a leaked Lego pict show up on several non-Lego blogs (uproxx, mentalfloss, and others). Bravo, Lego!

User avatar
BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:36 am
Location: Bayport,NY

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by BrickGarurumon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:15 pm

How much will it be? I'm guessing IT'S OVER $9000!

User avatar
brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:36 pm
Location: LA, CA

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by brickmont13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:10 pm

This set doesn't feel complete to me, maybe if it came with Bart's tree house and homer's hammock it would.

User avatar
Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:39 pm
Location: Utah

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by Buttmunch » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Why is everyone shifty eyed? Marge is, Homer is, and Bart is. :problem:

The outfit choices for this set make me hopeful more figures are coming. I think Homer in his tie should have been saved for the Power Plant though - its the only time he really wears one. I'd prefer to have had Marge and Flanders without cooking aprons, but it gives me hope there will be more of them in their normal looks.

I have to admit the headsculpts are a little weird. Poor Lisa looks as fat as she did as a Blocko. Maggie looks to be the best of the bunch funny enough. This is a dream come true, and I'll give the line my full support so there is a better chance of more items made. Please, please, please just don't do any Mr. Gold type of figures in the blind bags. I don't have hundreds to spend on a 2" figure :down:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:39 pm

RayReptile wrote:
SpaceNinjaDino wrote:
byobu wrote:Also, this set must be the high end of the category. I wonder what's at the lower end, the $19.99 -$39.99
A Quick-e mart? Moe's Tavern?

So excited! :-D
The rumor I heard months ago was that they were only making the house and no other set besides the blind pack minifigs. Hopefully that is not true. Maybe it is half true as it could be the only set available for awhile.

This year is going to be so expensive.
They are only doing the house for now and the blind packs. No other sets.
That has not been confirmed. The rumor I heard is that this is the only set Europe will be getting, along with the mini figures. That the US will get about 5-6 other sets.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:53 pm
Location: Far Far Away

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by dulait » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:10 pm

brickmont13 wrote:This set doesn't feel complete to me, maybe if it came with Bart's tree house and homer's hammock it would.
I assume the way Lego is planning their sets ever since they introduced it in other themes, that it will be 71006 The SImpson's House $250, can be put together with 71007 Bart's Tree House $50, 71008 Homer's Hammock $50. Comparing to them being all in the house and charging $300. It is business, if you can spilt you sets to charge more, then why not. This usually applied to successful or THINK they are and can do anything type companys, where they KNOW their stuff will sell and doing that will maximize their profit.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:30 am
Location: oregon

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
RayReptile wrote:
SpaceNinjaDino wrote:
byobu wrote:Also, this set must be the high end of the category. I wonder what's at the lower end, the $19.99 -$39.99
A Quick-e mart? Moe's Tavern?

So excited! :-D
The rumor I heard months ago was that they were only making the house and no other set besides the blind pack minifigs. Hopefully that is not true. Maybe it is half true as it could be the only set available for awhile.

This year is going to be so expensive.
They are only doing the house for now and the blind packs. No other sets.
That has not been confirmed. The rumor I heard is that this is the only set Europe will be getting, along with the mini figures. That the US will get about 5-6 other sets.
This is old info, but here is a link to the brickshow talking about rumored Simpsons sets...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_RmOHn9aiw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

connor32997
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: iowa

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by connor32997 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:27 pm

I have no idea about what LEGO actually has in store for us, but I would like to see maybe 2 other sets below $50, and then see them continue the theme later on down the road with another wave of maybe 6 sets. The power plant could make an awsome set in the $90-120 range!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 pm

I still stand by the fact LEGO will never make the outside of the nuclear power plant. It just gets into a lot of things you might not want to.

User avatar
byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: 71006 LEGO The Simpsons House

Post by byobu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:36 am

What about Burns Manor???!!!!!

OMG OMG I can't wait now that I've seen the photos!

From Eurobricks forum, rumors have it that the house will be available for VIPs in Feb 17 (see Lego store calendar, some secret item will be released on that day) while the CMF will be out in April.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests