Future Exclusive LEGO Star Wars Sets ("UCS")

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Future Exclusive LEGO Star Wars Sets ("UCS")

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:06 am

All LEGO Exclusive Star Wars sets produced in the future will have different packaging compared to the regular LEGO Star Wars sets. They will be labeled as UCS sets which stands for Ultimate Collector's Series. As there's been some confusion lately, below is more information regarding this new updated change.
The decision has been made to change the packaging for future “LEGO® exclusive” Star Wars™ sets to include the UCS seal and de-link from the core Star Wars packaging.  In addition to the packaging change an update has been made to the building instructions. The building instructions will have additional pages detailing the model’s connection to the movie and its development process.  Much as the Creator Expert badge differentiates the larger models from the core assortment the goal of this change is to better communicate to builders that these sets represent our biggest building challenge in the LEGO® Star Wars™ theme.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/future-lego-excl ... wars-sets/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Future Exclusive LEGO Star Wars Sets (

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:26 am

Does packaging really matter for these sets? Most people willing to spend $300 on a set will not be basing it on a box. That said I like the box, feels more classic and clean to me.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:31 am

It's a branding thing.

I could actually see this being for hard-core "completist" collectors who have complained about so many high-ticket items being released. Now those collectors can make a distinction between the core theme and the extended UCS sub-theme. These things matter to those types of collectors.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:06 pm

I like the new packaging and the new style of instructions. I just wish they would have included the display plate with it. To me, that is what distinguishes it from the other sets once it's built. Unless they plan on doing a "Studio Scale Ultimate Collector Series" that replaces what we currently accept as UCS and initiating that line with Slave 1???