Scooby Doo Toy Fair Report

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Scooby Doo Toy Fair Report

Post by vynsane » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:36 am

There were no surprises in the Scooby Doo theme at this point, comprised of five sets and I somehow managed to miss getting an image of 75904 "Mystery Mansion", so I have images of four of them. The prices, ranging from $14.99 to $89.99, were revealed, but the piece counts are still to be announced.

Slated for an August 2015 release.

75900 Mummy Museum Mystery
Price: $14.99
Pieces: TBA
Minifigures: 3

75900 Mummy Museum Mystery by vynsane, on Flickr

75901 Mystery Plane Adventures
Price: $19.99
Minifigures: 3

75901 Mystery Plane Adventures by vynsane, on Flickr

75902 The Mystery Machine
Price: $29.99
Minifigures: 4

75902 The Mystery Machine by vynsane, on Flickr

75903 Haunted Lighthouse
Price: $49.99
Minifigures: 5

75903 Haunted Lighthouse by vynsane, on Flickr

75903 Haunted Lighthouse by vynsane, on Flickr
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: Scooby Doo Toy Fair Report

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:22 pm

My favorite theme of the year. The five sets are all nice and reasonably priced. My only complaint is that there are no females in the 3 cheapest sets.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:20 pm

Such a fun series. I feel that there won't be another wave after this though. I don't know what they would make. they are awesome. Would have been fun to have a scooby doo minifigure series.

Cadenreigns
I'm New !

Post by Cadenreigns » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:40 am

Brick & Blue wrote:My favorite theme of the year. The five sets are all nice and reasonably priced. My only complaint is that there are no females in the 3 cheapest sets.
Yeah, I get why it's only Scooby and Shaggy in the cheapest ones since they're the main characters, but the fact that Velma is only in the biggest set really annoys me.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:38 am

Cadenreigns wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:My favorite theme of the year. The five sets are all nice and reasonably priced. My only complaint is that there are no females in the 3 cheapest sets.
Yeah, I get why it's only Scooby and Shaggy in the cheapest ones since they're the main characters, but the fact that Velma is only in the biggest set really annoys me.
They do that with almost every theme to get you to buy the large sets.

Is there a new movie or show coming out? I'm just wondering why they decided to release these.

quasicoltd
I'm New !

Post by quasicoltd » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:16 pm

condor wrote:
Is there a new movie or show coming out? I'm just wondering why they decided to release these.
My guess is that with the Lord of the Rings movies being done they're scrambling for other licensed properties to fill in the gap.

They Mystery Machine really should have been a bigger set that had the whole cast. And what's the deal with 5 different sets having Shaggy & Scooby? I know they would be the most popular, but that's nuts.

Am I the only one that really really wishes they would do some crazy exclusive set with the Harlem Globetrotters?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:53 pm

condor wrote:
Cadenreigns wrote:
They do that with almost every theme to get you to buy the large sets.

There is a new cartoon coming out. At some point in the future they will be rebooting the movie franchise to not suck as much.

I think it's a one off theme to fill in for LEGO losing the TMNT license. Which is funny because last year Mega Bloks had Scooby Doo, including a plane that looks just like LEGOs. And now Mega Bloks has Nick and TMNT license.

quasicoltd
I'm New !

Post by quasicoltd » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Didn't realize that they lost the TMNT license. Mega Bloks must be giving them one heck of a deal to make them give up on the top building toy maker in the world to go with the guys who can barely even get half their products in Wal-mart.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:23 pm

quasicoltd wrote:Didn't realize that they lost the TMNT license. Mega Bloks must be giving them one heck of a deal to make them give up on the top building toy maker in the world to go with the guys who can barely even get half their products in Wal-mart.
The rumor is that the money was INSANE! Like really insane.

Here is the press release...

http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/articl ... id=3750286

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:44 am

Brick & Blue wrote:I think it's a one off theme to fill in for LEGO losing the TMNT license. Which is funny because last year Mega Bloks had Scooby Doo, including a plane that looks just like LEGOs. And now Mega Bloks has Nick and TMNT license.
That wasn't Mega Bloks, it was Character Building. I have one of the sets.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:18 pm

Mantisking wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:I think it's a one off theme to fill in for LEGO losing the TMNT license. Which is funny because last year Mega Bloks had Scooby Doo, including a plane that looks just like LEGOs. And now Mega Bloks has Nick and TMNT license.
That wasn't Mega Bloks, it was Character Building. I have one of the sets.
That explains why I couldn't find a picture. I just remember it being on the shelf when I (barely ever) worked at Toys R Us.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Mantisking wrote:That wasn't Mega Bloks, it was Character Building. I have one of the sets.
Brick & Blue wrote:That explains why I couldn't find a picture. I just remember it being on the shelf when I (barely ever) worked at Toys R Us.

And that's the set I have. :lol:

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:43 pm

I almost bought it too! Was keep, like $20. So happy LEGO got the license.