More LEGO Dimensions Packs Revealed Through Leaked LEGO Instructions (71203 71204 71201 71202 71205 71206)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

More LEGO Dimensions Packs Revealed Through Leaked LEGO Instructions (71203 71204 71201 71202 71205 71206)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon May 11, 2015 11:04 am

A couple of new LEGO Dimensions Packs have been revealed through a leaked instructions page of 71201 Dimensions Level Pack Back To The Future. Its been removed from their site now, but the images are available below. The never before seen Dimensions Level packs include  71203 Portal 2, 71204 Doctor Who, 71201 Back to the Future and 71202 The Simpsons. New Team Packs being revealed include 71205 Jurassic World and 71206 Scooby-Doo. (via Brickset)

71204 Doctor Who & 71203 Portal 2 Minifigure Instructions

Never Before Seen LEGO Dimensions Level Packs

Never Before Seen LEGO Dimensions Team Packs Jurassic World and Scooby-Doo

Fun Packs

There are a total of 18 fun packs!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/more-lego-dimens ... tructions/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: More LEGO Dimensions Packs Revealed Through Leaked LEGO

Post by mattlee1965 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:38 pm

I am starting to think this has the potential to be one of the coolest games of all time. Probably will be just another game, but the fact that there are sooo many different series in this game makes it seem really cool, I can't believe they didn't get star wars for it though or marvel.

moo spyker
I'm New !

Post by moo spyker » Mon May 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Anyone know how much these packs will cost? The portal 2 LOOKS AMAZING HOLY CRAP WANT...

Also anyone know if the mini figures will be glued to the base or something? Or are they just 100% normal old mini figures?

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon May 11, 2015 5:24 pm

They are normal minifigs. You build them like other sets. They have special base pieces that indicate that you are using that character.

Level Packs (Portal 2) are $30 each
Team Packs (Scooby Doo) are $25 each
Fun Packs (Wizard of Oz) are $15 each
The starter kit with the game base is $100 for each platform.

I already have preorders for half the first wave, but I need to add Portal 2, Scooby, and Simpsons sets once they are available.

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Tue May 12, 2015 10:24 am

Portal 2?!? Love it!!! The mini Mystery Machine is pretty incredible too. I'm gonna have to talk my brothers into buying this so I can play it sometime, it looks very intriguing.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Tue May 12, 2015 11:28 am

I am truly freaking out as these instructions are the first confirmation I've seen/read that the minifigures will be buildable and not glued like a keychain fig. TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

I'll bet good money that the Portal and Doctor Who sets sell out day one, between the regular Lego collectors who want those minifigs and the actual game players those will not last long imo.

Hopefully if they sell well enough, TLG will be prompted to make a themed set or two.

pwolf
I'm New !

Post by pwolf » Tue May 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Is it just me or are these packs really overpriced.

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Tue May 12, 2015 4:10 pm

pwolf wrote:Is it just me or are these packs really overpriced.
That's how they make so much money on them. Plus it helps offset the costs of developing the game; development costs can be very high.

I'm excited to see that these will be buildable figures but I'm not sold on the game itself. So far, Lego games have underwhelmed me.

All I really want to know is this: is that yet another new Uni-Kitty face? :eh:

:think:

Must buy best figure. :ugeek:

moo spyker
I'm New !

Post by moo spyker » Tue May 12, 2015 6:41 pm

I wonder if that Portal license will lead to more Valve games into Lego form, or even actual full Portal lego sets, would be badass.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Tue May 12, 2015 10:03 pm

moo spyker wrote:I wonder if that Portal license will lead to more Valve games into Lego form, or even actual full Portal lego sets, would be badass.

100% agree. As a Lego & Valve fan, this is a huge surprise after the Portal Cuusoo set got shot down in the final stage of approval. Now my Zoey and Bill customs from L4D will have some new family!

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:07 am

I'd bet that the portal 2 pack would never have existed without the Cuusoo Portal project. The Portal project showed TLG that Portal was very popular within the LEGO community, but it failed review because of new molds needed. That restriction apparently doesn't apply to other product lines.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 am

pwolf wrote:Is it just me or are these packs really overpriced.
It seems like a lot at first but if you compare them to Disney Infinity products its not bad at all. 1x figure for Disney Infinity is $13-$15 (retail) while a fun pack for LEGO Dimensions comes with a minifig and minibuild. With Disney Infinity a mission expansion pack (two figures) is $33-$35 (retail) while a similar LEGO Dimensions level pack is $30. That is if the prices listed are correct. With Disney Infinity I was able to sometimes catch them on sale. At one point I considered Disney Infinity a rip off but eventually I found it a good deal as a game that was expandable and it became difficult to resist an additional purchases.

I have to say I LOVE the minibuilds. While they may not have exclusive parts (some or any) they look great!

pwolf
I'm New !

Post by pwolf » Thu May 14, 2015 4:39 am

To put a line under my point about the price being extremely high ...

Compare these to Stars Wars (an already overpriced line) micro fighters. It's about the same piece count as many of these sets with a single minifig. The Microfighters come in at around $10, these are being priced (from what I can see) at around $15.

That's a pretty steep premium in my opinion.

I guess if everyone eats them up and buys them, LEGO will know what they can charge for future sets.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu May 14, 2015 7:33 am

Of course these are over priced if they were just lego parts, but there is a video game element in each as well, which you have to factor the cost into. I know, I know, most of us aren't going to be buying there for the game, and only want the figures. However, you have to factor that in. Just the way it is. Hopefully the game will tank, and these items will end up on 50% off clearance in short order.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?