70751 Temple of Airjitzu

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

70751 Temple of Airjitzu

Post by Ice » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:06 am

70751 Temple of Airjitzu Ages 14+.
http://toysnbricks.com/official-press-r ... %e2%80%8f/

2,028 pieces. US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 199.99€ - UK £169.99 - DK 1799.00 DKK *Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Join the Ninja at the beautiful Temple of Airjitzu! Enjoy the ultimate LEGO NINJAGO building experience as you construct the majestic Temple of Airjitzu and surrounding village! The highly detailed Temple building has many delightful architectural features including Oriental–style decorated windows and sliding doors. The intricate wooden-frame-style walls of the nearby Blacksmiths and beautiful curved roofs of the Smugglers Market will also test your LEGO building skills. And with every Ninja included in one set for the first time, plus loads of other key characters, you can role-play all your favorite NINJAGO adventures. Take tea in the reception area of the Temple, practice your Ninja moves in the training room or join Wu in his study to read or paint. Discover the Ninja glider upstairs at the Blacksmith’s workshop, cross the bridge guarded by the stone dragons and seek out hidden treasure at the Smugglers’ Market. Then turn off the lights in your room to watch the Temple’s illuminated spinning shadow theater!
• Includes 12 minifigures with assorted weapons: Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole, Nya, Wu, Misako, Dareth, Postman, Jesper and Claire.
• Village features the Temple of Airjitzu, Blacksmith’s workshop and Smugglers' Market connected by paths, steps and bridge with 2 stone-style dragons on either side, plus a statue of Sensei Yang and grass stalk elements.
• Temple of Airjitzu features transparent plastic windows with new Oriental-style decoration and sliding doors, reception area with a geometric floor carpet, table, teapot and bowl, shadow theater with a light brick and spinning elements, Ninja training room with weapon holders, 2 Ninja swords, Ninja bow and a practice target, Wu’s study with 3 books and art canvas elements, and an attic with storage box for Cole’s stuff.
• Blacksmith's workshop features wooden-frame-style walls, opening door, sign with anvil and hammer image, realistic interior with anvil, hammer and other assorted tool elements, upper floor with Ninja glider relic with detachable spear elements, rat element in the attic, 2 trees outside with fallen leaves on the roof and grass stalk elements.
• Smugglers' Market features curved Oriental-style roof, golden Oriental details, 2 hidden treasure chests filled with assorted golden weapon elements, sign with bread image, sign with fish image, plus assorted elements including: 2 Ninjago trading cards in a sack, barrel with 2 fish, 2 fishing rods, food and grass stalk elements.
• Lloyd, Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole and Nya minifigures all come in new black Ninja outfits.
• Misako, Dareth and Postman minifigures are new to LEGO NINJAGO sets.
• New Wu minifigure outfit.
• Drink tea, train to be a Ninja and study with Wu at the Temple!
• Find the Ninja glider at the Blacksmith’s workshop.
• Seek hidden treasure chests at the Smugglers’ Market!
• Put on a show for your friends with the illuminated spinning shadow theater!
• Recreate your favorite scenes from the NINJAGO™: Masters of Spinjitzu TV show.
• Village measures over 16' (42cm) high, 20' (52cm) wide and 13' (35cm) deep.
• Temple of Airjitzu measures over 16' (42cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 7' (19cm) deep.
• Blacksmith’s workshop measures over 5' (15cm) high, 5' (15cm) wide and 7' (20cm) deep.
• Smugglers’ Market measures over 5' (14cm) high, 5' (14cm) wide and 7' (20cm) deep.

StClair
Count
Count

Re: 70751 Temple of Airjitzu

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:54 am

Wow. That is a great looking set. Love the new color of flower stalks
"Put on a show for your friends with the illuminated spinning shadow theater!"... That is so cool. Looks like it uses a light brick.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:09 am

Looks like only my kids rich friends will have this one.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:51 am

This looks sweet. Perfect for an Asian themed flower garden /pond scene.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:51 am

anakinisvader wrote:Looks like only my kids rich friends will have this one.
I worked in a TRU in a very bad section of a horribly poor city, the amount of people asking for the $400 Death Star was disturbing. So it won't just be rich children, it will be spoiled children with relatives they never see.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:53 pm

That looks amazing. I may have to save up for it.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:12 pm

As much as I don't care for ninjago, this one is actually awesome.
VENI VIDI VICI

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Wow, this looks really nice! I'll definitely be getting this one.

supergman
I'm New !

Post by supergman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Ought to great to turn into a MOC for a city theme. Going to get 2-3 of 'em.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:54 pm

Wow that looks really good, that sure surprised me. Saving up for this one.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:52 pm

Its beautifully done. I won't purchase it at full price though and I doubt it will be reduced. I prefer to save for a modular building instead.

I'm curious about how well it will sell. Its an expensive set. Many sets over $150 are Modular buildings. The Lord of the Rings: Tower of Orthanc had 2359 pieces and sold for $199.99. We now have the Shield Helicarrier with 2996 pieces for $349.99 and the Batman: Tumbler #76023 with 1869 pieces for $199.99. Also there is the Kwik-E-Mart at $199.99 which some may argue fits with the modular buildings. It of course does fit with the Simpson's House at $199.99. There was the large scale Star Wars: R2-D2 #10225 with 2127 parts for $179.99 (is that price right... higher than I thought). Of course the Death Star at $399.99. There has been several large scale Star Wars ships/vehicles over the years. Also there has been several (if not lots) architecture sets such as the Taj Mahal, Eiffel Tower(#10181 year 2007ish), Tower Bridge, and the Sydney Opera House. I believe all of these sold for over $150.

So many of these have appeal because they are licensed products and are builds of iconic vehicles or structures. By licensed products I mean outside of the LEGO group. This set seems different to me than other high price range sets. Sure its beautiful but its really expensive and its Ninjago. At this point I'm rambling. Sorry. I'm just trying to say that I like it and I'm curious how well it will sell. I'm very happy that we are getting some new parts/parts in new colors (even if I don't buy the set I will be looking for them on bricklink or watching for them in other new sets).

Many complained about LOTR and Hobbit sets being smaller versions (pieces or fragments really of structures) when they would have preferred much larger and accurate builds of the scenes. With the exception of the Tower of Orthanc the only other LOTR/Hobbit sets that retailed in the US for over $100 was The Battle of Helm's Deep and The Lonely Mountain. Both of these retailed at $129.99. Is this LEGO testing the waters to see how consumers reaction to larger sets that are not Star Wars and/or modular buildings?

We have the LEGO Movie: Sea Cow at $249.99 which would be a similar experience to the Temple of Airjitzu I suppose because its from a LEGO created theme and over the $150 price that I mentioned.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:49 am

The MF count on this is huge. Are they all exclusive decos? That will a big determining factor and what LEGO is testing. I passed on Tower of Orthanc and Sea Cow because there were half that amount of MF's and most of them were repeats.

EDIT: Looks like the ninjas are all repeats but some are only found in big sets. Two of the figures reuse torsos from non-NJ sets and three are exclusive decos.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:18 am

Wow they actually went and made a beautiful Ninjago set. Who knows, maybe they'll make a non-ludicrous Chima set.

larsnelson76
Peasant
Peasant

Post by larsnelson76 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:23 am

@StClair

I think you are right; this set is an interesting test of a Lego line having a huge set. I think that Ninjago has been around so long and been so successful that they put this out as if Ninjago compares to other popular licensed products. In many ways it does with its cartoon and a movie is coming out. Lego had planned to cancel it after 3 years as it does any theme like the agents, dinosaurs, etc..., but they immediately brought it back, because of its popularity.

This set has so much going for it in terms of the awesome pieces and new colors used, and the 13 minifigs (counting the statue). I think the set will do very well, because it looks great for adults and kids will want it.

My only criticism is the shop owner with the fedora. He looks out of place in the set.

mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mrbean » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:43 am

It's a beautiful set. I was blown away upon seeing the pictures this morning. Looking forward to getting this set.

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:12 am

What a great set! I'm going to have to get this for my mom - she's gonna love it. She has the Temple of Fire (plus several Ninjago dragons) & she has been hoping for a large Ninjago temple. I wonder if she'll let me play with it.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:23 pm

This is amazing. This set is timeless. Can't believe it is Ninjago. Although I've always had the theory that any theme has the potential to have a jaw dropping set. (except DUPLO/Junior)

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Pretty nice and relatively free of the usual Ninjago crap. Not sure if I'd spend that much on this particular set though.

Brightblocks2015
I'm New !

Post by Brightblocks2015 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Amazing looking set, wish it was on a large blue base plate though, but still a must have set for me.

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:51 pm

I was hoping to see the team rebuild the Temple at the end of the season. Would've been cool if the play features here actually happened in the show. Also, I would've liked to see Cole a ghost in this set as an exclusive to add to the other 3 or 4 that are.