40139 LEGO Gingerbread House Set - Exclusive 2015 Winter Gift

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

40139 LEGO Gingerbread House Set - Exclusive 2015 Winter Gift

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:41 pm

A new LEGO set has been revealed from the November 2015 LEGO Store Calendar! In addition to the free LEGO Holiday Train set from October 13 to November 13, LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home will also be offering a free LEGO Gingerbread House set with purchases above $99 as well starting on November 27th, 2015 as well. Thanks to Johnson for writing in with the news.

What do you think of this LEGO Gingerbread House? For some reason, Hansel and Gretel always come to my mind when Gingerbread houses pop up!

LEGO 40139 Gingerbread House

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/40139-lego-ginge ... nter-gift/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Re: 40139 LEGO Gingerbread House Set - Exclusive 2015 Winter

Post by jmeninno » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:03 am

I like it. Wonder what will be on the inside, if anything. Probably magical unicorns. Or not.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:54 am

It's cute. Looks like a beefed-up version of the MMMB from last December:

ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:32 pm

Wow i really like that. ..and now i guess I'm going to have to spend $100 at s@h now...which is going to be tough to decide because i was going to try to get metal beard's sea cow at legoland when they're doing 20%off in early December with a coupon i got. Since they're not really a lego store i know they don't have these promos. ..then again there were only 2 left the last time I checked so they could be gone, I just figured it's rare to buy a big set there because most people don't want to lug it home

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:15 pm

grommom wrote:Wow i really like that. ..and now i guess I'm going to have to spend $100 at s@h now...which is going to be tough to decide because i was going to try to get metal beard's sea cow at legoland when they're doing 20%off in early December with a coupon i got. Since they're not really a lego store i know they don't have these promos. ..then again there were only 2 left the last time I checked so they could be gone, I just figured it's rare to buy a big set there because most people don't want to lug it home
The Sea Cow is on its way out. If its on your 'must have' list, I wouldn't wait to pick it up... it probably wont stay on the shelf until Dec. If it's not a 'must have', then you might want to start planning on a backup set for your coupon, just it case.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:33 pm

SpaceViking wrote:
grommom wrote:Wow i really like that. ..and now i guess I'm going to have to spend $100 at s@h now...which is going to be tough to decide because i was going to try to get metal beard's sea cow at legoland when they're doing 20%off in early December with a coupon i got. Since they're not really a lego store i know they don't have these promos. ..then again there were only 2 left the last time I checked so they could be gone, I just figured it's rare to buy a big set there because most people don't want to lug it home
The Sea Cow is on its way out. If its on your 'must have' list, I wouldn't wait to pick it up... it probably wont stay on the shelf until Dec. If it's not a 'must have', then you might want to start planning on a backup set for your coupon, just it case.
Thanks, while I'd like it, it is very expensive so it's only on my must have list if it is 20% off ;) I'm not even sure if I'll be able to use a coupon if it is in stock since it's "hard to find" and it might not be valid, but I figured I'd give it a shot :)

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:20 am

Grommom - is your coupon online that you could provide a link for?

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Unfortunately it is a paper coupon, i was sent it in the newsletter that comes roughly quarterly, and it's for legoland California. If you get a newsletter for Florida, I'd check it or if you didn't receive it call the park to get a copy, I'm not sure if they send the same one to members of every park.

FloridaBrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by FloridaBrick » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:02 am

Thanks again grommom!