Bad Piggies LEGO Angry Birds 2016 - Teaser Poster

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Bad Piggies LEGO Angry Birds 2016 - Teaser Poster

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:13 pm

LEGO has released a teaser image showing Bad Piggies from the upcoming LEGO Angry Birds line. The playsets will be released in 2016 to accompany the new Angry Birds Movie. The movie will be released in May 2016.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/bad-piggies-lego ... er-poster/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Re: Bad Piggies LEGO Angry Birds 2016 - Teaser Poster

Post by minifigW » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:15 am

Lets see how quickly these end up in the clearance isle

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:45 am

^ IDK, this one might end up being surprisingly popular. When I heard they were doing a movie, I thought it was about 5 years too late, but the amount of stars supplying the voice talent has surprised me. If the movie proves popular with kids, these sets will probably be rather good sellers.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:10 am

They could be popular just based on playability... I guess they'll utilize the Super Jump function or else add something else in. I just see them having a high price point since each set will include at least a handful of these special "minifigs."

vhn2dmd
Citizen
Citizen

Post by vhn2dmd » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:41 am

I'm glad it's coming out. It means its another theme i do not have to buy and save money for once =)

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:55 pm

I sure hope they make a Green and Orange angry bird.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:44 pm

vynsane wrote:^ IDK, this one might end up being surprisingly popular. When I heard they were doing a movie, I thought it was about 5 years too late, but the amount of stars supplying the voice talent has surprised me. If the movie proves popular with kids, these sets will probably be rather good sellers.
I quite agree with you... This movie might just hit prime time! It might be 5 years late but that might actually work for it, since folks who played with it 5 years back will revisit in nostalgia and newer fans will like the story and characters. The trailer is well done to stoke interest.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:08 am

My take, the movie will flop. I agree with the people who say we will see these on clearance sooner rather than later.

There is a precedence both with Hasbro and with Knex. While neither of those two toy lines were produced at the height of angry birds popularity, it was still more popular then than it is now...or will be in the near future.

A movie will remind people what they didn't like about angry birds, that's not a good thing. Angry Birds is a great app game. It is even great as a dime store novelty knick knack, but as far as a movie and a full fledged toy line with plush and construction sets and figures and playsets. We have been there and done that with everything but the movie and it was a total flop.

There is no nostalgia value there, maybe in 10 or 20 years.