LEGO Nexo Knights Official Press Release (2016 Theme)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Nexo Knights Official Press Release (2016 Theme)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:55 pm

We've seen a teaser image for LEGO Nexo Knights earlier and now, we finally have some official images! As one of the new lines to be released in 2016, a variety of sets will be released with prices ranging from $9.99-$99.99 USD. Full official LEGO press release for the new Nexo Knights line is available below. Thanks to Mantisking, ncbarrett, vynsane and Gizmodo for the news and images.

LEGO 70316 Jestro's Evil Mobile ($59.99)

LEGO 70317 Fortrex ($99.99)

Here are some of the minifigures from the Nexo Knights line. Quite unique don't you think?

LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™ CATAPULTS INTO ACTION

World’s leading toy brand introduces new intellectual property that bridges physical and digital play with building sets, episodic content and digital gaming

New York Comic Con attendees get first-look at story, products and gaming app

NEW YORK CITY (October 8, 2015) – The LEGO Group today announced LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS,™ a new, original LEGO property depicting a medieval kingdom set in a futuristic world where five young, brave knights “download” special powers to their shields in order to battle the royal court’s evil Jestro and a cast of monsters to restore peace. The story comes to life through LEGO building sets, an episodic television and a digital gaming app that fuels story-driven gameplay. The property launches later this year, with products available starting January 1, 2016. LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS characters, story, app experience and two iconic building sets from the collection will be previewed to New York Comic Con attendees, Thursday, October 8 through Sunday, October 11 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center (Booth #1436).

“Inspired by insights to meet the emerging needs of today’s kids, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS juxtaposes a timeless world of medieval knights with a futuristic twist in a captivating story that invites children to explore LEGO play in a whole new way,” said Casper Thingholm of the LEGO Group. “LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS offers children the rewarding building experiences they know and love, amplified by digital enhancements that merge what today’s kids love: self-expression, strong characters, deep content-driven story and digital gaming.”

Story
Set in the futuristic, high-tech world of the Kingdom of Knighton, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS follows five young knights in their quest to battle Jestro, his sidekick, the Book of Monsters, and their Lava Monster Army. Heroic knight, Clay Moorington, leads the band of knights, including alpha superstar Lance Richmond, hipster Aaron Fox, Macy Halbert, a princess who would rather be a knight, and Axl, the giant. Together, under the tutelage of Knights’ Academy mentor and Great Digital Wizard, Merlok 2.0, they join forces to defeat the enemy.

Building Sets and Consumer Products
Fourteen richly detailed building sets will be available in January 2016, ranging in price from $9.99 to $99.99. Additional building sets will launch in August 2016. The first two sets are being revealed at New York Comic Con.

Consumer products partners across key categories are also engaged in creating a merchandise program dedicated to LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS, such as publishing and soft goods.

LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: MERLOK 2.0 App
To extend the story and increase playing fun, more than 150 unique LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS powers – represented as shields – have been scattered across the kingdom of Knighton. The powers can be found in building sets, online, in print and directly in the television content. Existing in both physical and digital form, children can discover, scan and collect varied powers using the LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: MERLOK 2.0 app. Once added to a digital power collection, children can creatively and continuously find new ways to join the knights to defeat the enemy, in their gaming experience.

Available in late December 2015, the LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: MERLOK 2.0 app will be available as a free download via App Store, Google Play, Samsung Apps and Amazon Appstore.

Television Series
LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS, a 20-episode, animated adventure comedy series, will debut on select global broadcast television networks as soon as late December 2015 and air throughout 2016. The core means by which children follow the story and get to know the characters, the series follows the constant adventures of LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS heroes and villains. Children will also be able to scan new LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS powers directly from their content viewing screen into their app games, further connecting their play experience.

*Note that the new LEGO Microsite for Nexo Knights is also now live. There are many videos that you can view so make sure to check it out!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-nexo-knight ... 016-theme/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO Nexo Knights Official Press Release (2016 Theme)

Post by vynsane » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:41 am

It's interesting how the orange guy has the larger upper torso, which seems to be attached to a regular torso - but where are the regular arms? I think I would like to see more of this type of modularity in augmenting standard minifigure pieces rather than specialty-molded bigfigs.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:15 am

vynsane wrote:It's interesting how the orange guy has the larger upper torso, which seems to be attached to a regular torso - but where are the regular arms? I think I would like to see more of this type of modularity in augmenting standard minifigure pieces rather than specialty-molded bigfigs.
I'm guessing it's a torso without arms with the "expander torso" attached. Kind of like some of the mods they've made for minifig heads in the Collectible line.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:43 am

Have there been any minifigures released without arms/hands before? The torso usually comes as a compound element - torso, arms, hands in one package.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:35 pm

vynsane wrote:Have there been any minifigures released without arms/hands before? The torso usually comes as a compound element - torso, arms, hands in one package.
Not that I can think of! The prospect of a set with a armless torso is odd.

As a stuffy old adult, I have to take a pass on this theme as it's not up my alley. I have all the 2009 Kingdoms sets, but I only got one small set from the 2014 Castle theme. This one looks like "the Ninjago treatment". It's unique and fun for the kids though, so thumbs-up there.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:05 pm

I guess that means I'm still a kid (not that I needed confirmation). I loved the idea behind Ninjago and this looks awesome to me, too. It's a total hodgepodge of all the cartoons I watched as a kid of the 80's! I could easily see this coming on between Voltron and Thundercats!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:21 pm

vynsane wrote:It's interesting how the orange guy has the larger upper torso, which seems to be attached to a regular torso - but where are the regular arms? I think I would like to see more of this type of modularity in augmenting standard minifigure pieces rather than specialty-molded bigfigs.
There was an alien in Space Police theme that had 4 arms by attaching an extension to the torso that had the head with extra pair of arms. This seems simliar except they removed the arms from the torso.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:28 am

Yikes... I love space. I love Future. I love Castles. I love Ninjago.

I hate this theme. Blah. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me...
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:37 am

dr_spock wrote:
There was an alien in Space Police theme that had 4 arms by attaching an extension to the torso that had the head with extra pair of arms. This seems simliar except they removed the arms from the torso.
Thank you! I have this guy and was wondering where he's from, i got him in a lot i purchased https://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone ... &O={"ii":1}

I was going to mention him and pong krell from star wars, who was in the same lot :)
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Pong_Krell

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Still, both of those had arms attached to the torso, with an additional set of arms attached via some adapter.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:36 pm

I was expecting a steam punk theme! Thankfully it's not. My wallet has been saved.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:55 pm

I like they used Infernox from power miners, he looks good all grown up!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!