2016 LEGO Star Wars Set List & Product Descriptions

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2016 LEGO Star Wars Set List & Product Descriptions

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Toys R Us Canada has listed five of the upcoming 2016 LEGO Star Wars sets with product names and descriptions. Looks like the sets from this wave will be a lot smaller as can be seen with the prices listed. In addition, note that in the product description for LEGO 75127 Star Wars The Ghost, it mentions collectable LEGO Star Wars Microfighters. This means that there could potentially be more LEGO Star Wars Microfighters sets in addition to 75127 The Ghost. Thanks to Rob for writing in with the news.

LEGO 75136 Star Wars Droid Escape Pod (reg.$29.99 CAD)

Recreate epic scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope with this LEGO Droid Escape Pod with opening hatches, large engines at the back, space for 2 characters, and a detailed interior including a display showing the top-secret Death Star plans. Includes 3 minifigures: C-3PO and 2 Jawas, plus an R2-D2 Astromech Droid.

Includes 3 minifigures: C-3PO and 2 Jawas, plus an R2-D2 Astromech Droid.
Features opening hatches, large engines at the back and a detailed interior with space for 2 characters and a display showing the top-secret Death Star plans.
Includes 2 Jawa ion blasters.
Recreate the unforgettable opening scenes from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
Measures over 2" (7cm) high, 5" (14cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide with hatches closed, and over 5" (13cm) wide when open.

LEGO 75135 Star Wars Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor (reg.$29.99 CAD)

Launch into the LEGO Star Wars galaxy of starships and iconic characters with Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor, featuring an authentic colour scheme, opening cockpit, dual spring-loaded shooters, extending wings and space for the included R4-P17 Astromech Droid. Also includes an Obi-Wan Kenobi minifigure.

Includes an Obi-Wan Kenobi minifigure, plus an R4-P17 Astromech Droid.
Features an authentic colour scheme, opening cockpit with space for Obi-Wan to sit in, dual spring-loaded shooters, extending wings and space for an Astromech Droid. Measures over 2" (6cm) high, 6" (17cm) long and 6" (17cm) wide.
Fire the spring-loaded shooters to send enemy starships spinning.
Includes Obi-Wan's Lightsaber.
Recreate the exciting opening scenes from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith

LEGO 75141 Star Wars Kanan's Speeder Bike ($24.99 CAD)

Help Kanan sneak past the Stormtrooper on his speeder bike and hook up the containers loaded with weapons. Can he make a quick escape before they spot him? Its up to you to decide.

Features Kanans Speeder Bike and 2 buildable, opening cargo containers.
Weapons include Kanans Lightsaber, the Stormtroopers blaster and the Imperial Combat Drivers blaster pistol.
Accessory elements include an Imperial Combat Driver helmet and Stormtrooper helmet.
As featured in the Star Wars Rebels animated TV series.
Speeder bike measures over 1 (4cm) high, 5 (15cm) long and 1 (5cm) wide, and over 10 (27cm) long with cargo containers attached.

LEGO 75134 Star Wars Galactic Empire Battle Pack (reg.$15.99 CAD)

Take the fight to the rebels with the Galactic Empire Battle Pack, featuring a mini battle station with control console, dual stud blaster station and a detachable spring-loaded shooter, plus 3 Imperial Stormtroopers and an Imperial Technician minifigure, each with a stud blaster.

Includes 4 minifigures: 3 Imperial Stormtroopers and an Imperial Technician
Features a control console, dual stud blaster station and a detachable spring-loaded shooter.
Detach the spring-loaded shooter to expand the battle play.
Includes 4 stud blasters and extra ammo. Accessory elements include 2 jetpacks and 3 Imperial Stormtrooper helmets.
Measures over 1" (4cm) high, 3" (10cm) wide and 2" (7cm) deep

LEGO 75127 Star Wars The Ghost ($12.99 CAD)

Launch into the fantastic world of collectible LEGO Microfighters with this miniaturized version of Hera Syndulla's personal starship, The Ghost, featuring a stud shooter with extra ammo and space to sit the included Hera minifigure with blaster pistol.

Includes a Hera Syndulla minifigure.
Features big engines, stud shooter and an open cockpit with space for a minifigure to sit.
Fire the stud shooter to see off the enemy.
Includes a blaster pistol and extra stud shooter ammo. Match up with the 75128 TIE Advanced Prototype microfighter for space-themed duels.
Measures over 1" (4cm) high, 3" (10cm) long and 3" (9cm) wide.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/2016-lego-star-w ... criptions/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: 2016 LEGO Star Wars Set List & Product Descriptions

Post by vynsane » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:05 am

Another Droid Escape already?

At least Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor is being re-released. Based on the description, this will be the first time that color scheme of the Eta-2 Actis (Dark Red) is available since 2005's 7283 "Ultimate Space Battle".
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:38 pm

vynsane wrote:Another Droid Escape already?
I was surprised about that too. I'm fond of C-3PO, R2-D2 and now BB-8. You would think they could make a $20 with those three.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm actually a little happy about the Pod escape set because I don't have any Jawa minifigures and growing up I loved them. Finally they are being released in an affordable set... hopefully they will look interesting. If I remember correctly the ones in the Sandcrawler were a little bland looking. It would be interesting to see a complete collection of every C-3PO made. He's been in so many sets now although I'm not sure how many times he has been updated (without looking).

I was so excited to see the Tuskin Raider(sand people) minifigure in a recent set but including only 1x Tuskin Raider minifigure at $25 was disappointing. I missed out on the early 2000 older version of the Tuskin Raiders before I got back into LEGO (and I like the newly sculpted head better than the older).

I'm very excited about see Hera and Kanan in more sets. I really like both minifigures (and their parts) but haven't bought either yet since they generally sell for $10 or more each. I still haven't found the Ghost (set) for less than $66 (keeping hoping to find it for $55 or less). If they are appearing in more sets the ebay and bricklink prices for these two figures may drop? I hope so. According to the article Hera will be in a Microfighter set and Kannan will be in speeder bike set for $25. On second though it sounds like he may be in disguise in the set (does he wear a helmet in that scene?). I hope it includes his hairpiece.

Fingers crossed for another appearance (even if its not an updated version) of Ahsoka Tano with Rebels sets. Asking for another chance at Aayla Secura is too much to hope for... right?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:06 pm

Is it not ok to post the pictures of the sets here? They have been all over the internet for almost a week now. I know some sites have taken them down. Since I'm not seeing them I'm guessing probably not...

I'm sure if anyone wants to see them it wouldn't be to difficult for you to find them... ;-)

larsnelson76
Peasant
Peasant

Post by larsnelson76 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:05 pm

I would like to get a set with an adult Ahsoka from Rebles. We can hope for a new Lando, because he is in Rebels, too.

With the battle front sets coming out, Lego could make anything, so we could hope for an Aayla, Shaak Ti, and Dengar. I really like his torso, but he is impossible to find for any kind of reasonable price.

legolebowski
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legolebowski » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:05 pm

StClair wrote:It would be interesting to see a complete collection of every C-3PO made. He's been in so many sets now although I'm not sure how many times he has been updated (without looking).
Funnily enough I came across this image the other day:

Brick_r
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Brick_r » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:20 pm

On a whim, I goggled the 'Star Wars Galactic Empire Battle Pack', and found an image on Lego Wikia:
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/75134_Galact ... attle_Pack
If the depiction is correct, then one of those trooper isn't a standard one.

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Yay for some Jawas in an affordable set and since I missed getting the most recent droid escape I will look forward to picking this up. I would love to see Lego make another jedi starfighter with a hyperdrive ring and will 2nd the call for a non clone wars Ayla.

Brick_r
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Brick_r » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:36 pm

Oh, also found this:
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2015/10/ ... akens.html

So other sets missed, like: Rebel Battle Pack (well duh, you have an Imperial one), Battle for Hoth, and others...gonna be an interesting year...

mikewencol
I'm New !

Post by mikewencol » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:50 pm

Do you guys think the winter The Force Awakens sets will be available before Christmas?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Brick_r wrote:Oh, also found this:
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2015/10/ ... akens.html

So other sets missed, like: Rebel Battle Pack (well duh, you have an Imperial one), Battle for Hoth, and others...gonna be an interesting year...
Found more pics at Brickfan. See the article here at Brickfan http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wa ... nifigures/

I love the "tan" helmets. Also are the "rocketpacks" in set 75133 a new element? I'm liking some of the minifigure parts so far although the actual don't look all that exciting. Check out link also provided by Brick_r if you haven't already for more pics.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:24 pm

I hope 2016 brings us the new "The Force Awakens" UCS Imperial Star Destroyer - this is a slightly newer design so it should be either slightly larger or equal to the UCS 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer.
There was talk of a new Death Star since 10188 is now officially retired.
Any other UCS size sets any one interested in seeing for 2016?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:12 am

1brickshyofcrazy wrote:I hope 2016 brings us the new "The Force Awakens" UCS Imperial Star Destroyer - this is a slightly newer design so it should be either slightly larger or equal to the UCS 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer.
There was talk of a new Death Star since 10188 is now officially retired.
Any other UCS size sets any one interested in seeing for 2016?
The 3 that have been rumored for the near future are the Echo Base, Death Star and snow speeder. I'm with you. I would like a UCS ISD.