LEGO 75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Product Description

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO 75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Product Description

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:57 pm

In addition to the 2016 new LEGO Star Wars product descriptions from yesterday, Toys R Us Canada has the new LEGO Ghostbusters set listed as well. LEGO 75827 Firehouse Headquarters is priced at $399.99 CAD. US pricing will be $349.99 USD. Nine LEGO minifigures will also be included!

The set contains 4600 pieces and will be released on January 1st, 2016. Thanks to John for writing in.

LEGO Firehouse Headquarters Ghostbusters Product Description

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases!

Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost. Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
Slide the Ghostbusters heroes down the fire pole into action. Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig!
Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he's possessed!
Suspend ghosts around the building's exterior with attachable transparent arms.
Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
Measures over 14" (36cm) high, 9" (25cm) wide and 14" (38cm) deep.

Shown below is the LEGO Ideas Ghostbusters creation that reached 10 000 supporters (last year in August 2014).

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-75827-ghost ... scription/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Jon_Solo
Peasant
Peasant

Re: LEGO 75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Product D

Post by Jon_Solo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:22 am

Pretty exciting! I can't wait to see the official press release for this.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:10 pm

It doesn't say if it comes with Ecto1. With that price it better. This set is the price of two modular sets. Can you get $350 worth in a single base plate?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Rumor has it that it hinges open like the Haunted House, so it could be on two 32x32 baseplates, but perhaps not. I'm doubtful that it would include Ecto 1, as it already exists as a separate product, but anything's possible, I suppose. At 4600 pieces, however, it's nearly twice the piece count of any modular building.

However, I'm really disappointed in LEGO over this. The Ideas proposal that culminated in 21108 Ghostbusters Ecto 1 originally included the headquarters as well as the Ecto 1. They then decided to pare down the scope of the Ideas product to only the vehicle and four main characters, a move that made sense at the time, given how Ideas was still relatively new. Now to see them release the HQ as a separate set, most likely apart from the Ideas brand, means they literally took the idea and carved out the bigger portion for themselves.

Unless BrentWaller is getting credit (and maybe even compensation) for this, I'm sorely disappointed in LEGO's bad form.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:13 pm

I was just thinking the same myself. It will be nice to have this as a product and not requiring brinklinking for weeks, but if the original creator doesn't get some of the credit it feels a little wrong.

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:47 pm

I can't wait to see what the official product looks like. I loved the Ecto 1 set and had really hoped to see one of the Ideas versions realized. I'm guessing this version is going to differ significantly from the versions previously suggested but either way I'm super excited! :crazy:

Now if Lego could start putting out classic "The Real Ghostbusters" ghosts and character minifigs, then things will really get awesome. Or maybe some haunted house type cases for the guys to solve?

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:26 pm

It won't contain Ecto 1. I'm sure the garage will interoperate with it though. The Ecto 1 must have sold so well to enable this to happen. Business-wise, It would have been risky trying to sell the complete set for $400. That is a high bar for entry. Not everyone who can afford the Ecto 1 can also afford the HQ. Breaking them out also lets building MOCers get more building-focused pieces if buying multiple HQs.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:12 am

Photos are out for the firehouse. I'm surprised that they went for red bricks instead of light brown. No surprise, no ecto1

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Official pic:

75827 Ghostbusters Headquarters by vynsane, on Flickr

It's on a 32x32 and at possibly a 16x32 or two 16x16 plates in the back. I'm trying to ascertain where the hinges are, they're obviously not on either of the facets we're seeing in this pic, but there are some breaks in the bricks along the long hidden edge that hint at where it will hinge open, and it appears as though there is a hinge in the short hidden edge as well, closer to the back corner.

I'm so conflicted, per my previous comment in this topic - I loved Ghostbusters as a kid, and this looks glorious. I brought it up when the Ecto-1 was selected via Cuusoo, but in school for an assignment (on how to write a letter to a company to voice your opinion/criticism) I wrote to LEGO and told them they should make Ghostbusters sets, so this is literally a dream come true. However, I think it highly suspect that they release this after the selection of the Cuusoo proposal. I want it, but I'm really disenchanted by the questionable business practices at hand.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:51 am

Photos of the interior have been posted. Now I'm really questioning if this is a buy for me. I just don't see this set warrant such a huge price tag.