Is the Collectible Minifigs series 2 furor over?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Asterios
Knight
Knight

Is the Collectible Minifigs series 2 furor over?

Post by Asterios » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Well I've noticed something very odd, it seems everywhere from TRU, LEGO store, WalMart and so on, that the Series 2 figs are starting to stagnate, I mean their still sitting on the shelves, and not just some but alot even Spartans (at TRU and the LEGO store of all places) and even Target, so can we officially say the craze is over?

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Re: Is the Collectible Minifigs series 2 furor over?

Post by Mantisking » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:42 pm

I think so. Maybe Lego will reduce the amount available in the next run to bring demand back up.

starwarsgeek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by starwarsgeek » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:40 pm

They even removed the "limited quantity" green box at legoshop.com so I would say yes.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Mantisking wrote:I think so. Maybe Lego will reduce the amount available in the next run to bring demand back up.
I doubt they do. I suspect that they wanted to avoid the complaints this time around. It was notoriously hard to get CMF1s, while I strolled into Walmart today and found 30 CMF2s just sitting on a shelf. LEGO wants their sets to be available to all.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:23 pm

While the 'furor' may be over, they will sell. I wouldn't count on seeing them reaching clearance or anything.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Maybe. I didn't get a complete set of series 2 figs like I did with series 1.

Someone will buy them eventually.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:23 am

I am not sure for this. They were sold out at all local walmarts in few days. Only unpopular mf's now left in TRU.

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:29 am

legohunter wrote:Only unpopular mf's now left in TRU.
I'm just glad to actually see those mofo's in stores this time. Never saw series one in any store.

They're so plentiful we're putting them in my son's birthday handout gift bags this weekend, but no Spartans.

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:13 pm

They're so plentiful we're putting them in my son's birthday handout gift bags this weekend, but no Spartans
That's a great idea. Too bad my son's birthday party was in June. 13 six year old boys as guests, most of whom like lego. I'm tempted to hored a bunch of S2 for next year but with future series rumored, maybe my luck will continue and I'll be able to score a bunch of a newer minis closer to June 2011.

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Yeah, they were a hit at my 7-year-old's party. As parents, we are so SICK of the Bag O' Garbage that our kids get at birthday parties that we're determined to give out stuff that kids actually want, and that parents won't be tempted to throw in the trash.

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:30 am

They're everywhere now except for spartans. So I say yes.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:01 am

My TRU (Concord NC) had none on Friday when I stopped in to take advantage of the B2G1 sale. And they had a Limit 2 per Customer sign.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 am

Went to Target yesterday and they had the figs by the lego aisle. Some woman bought whatever handful was left because she had the Euro barcode sheet. So I will say that people are still looking to finish their sets.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 am

slacker wrote:Went to Target yesterday and they had the figs by the lego aisle. Some woman bought whatever handful was left because she had the Euro barcode sheet. So I will say that people are still looking to finish their sets.

The Euro barcode sheet is no good in the US, she needed the US one.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:01 am

slacker wrote:Went to Target yesterday and they had the figs by the lego aisle. Some woman bought whatever handful was left because she had the Euro barcode sheet. So I will say that people are still looking to finish their sets.
At least she is able to find them somewhere. It's still 100% better than last series in terms of availability.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 am

legitimatealex wrote:
At least she is able to find them somewhere. It's still 100% better than last series in terms of availability.

heck go to my local WalMart, TRU and Target and you can still find them (as of yesterday) TRU still had a full case on the shelf, and a couple still in the shipping carton at the desk, walmart had like 30 still out on the display and target had like 3 picked thru boxs that were probably only missing the Spartans.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:05 am

Asterios wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:

heck go to my local WalMart, TRU and Target and you can still find them (as of yesterday) TRU still had a full case on the shelf, and a couple still in the shipping carton at the desk, walmart had like 30 still out on the display and target had like 3 picked thru boxs that were probably only missing the Spartans.
I said this before and I'll say it again, I really wish TLC would make the most desireable fig the most common, and the "meh" figure rare. That way, people will be hunting the Meh figure, and it both reduces the possible shelf warmers, and makes more consumers happy. It is a capitalistic win-win.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:29 am

troo be honest I was excited about the Spartans when I first saw them and went out and picked up a few, but after opening one couldn't get rid of them fast enough since they seemed so dorky, they reminded me of like the little smurf toys, or those figures you get out of gumball machines, nice but not worth making an army of.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:36 am

NIGELTTF wrote:I said this before and I'll say it again, I really wish TLC would make the most desireable fig the most common, and the "meh" figure rare. That way, people will be hunting the Meh figure, and it both reduces the possible shelf warmers, and makes more consumers happy. It is a capitalistic win-win.
Never happen. It's like Trading Card Games, if a rare card is a coaster -- a useless card -- people scream bloody blue murder but, if it's a good card people are happy.
Asterios wrote:troo be honest I was excited about the Spartans when I first saw them and went out and picked up a few, but after opening one couldn't get rid of them fast enough since they seemed so dorky, they reminded me of like the little smurf toys, or those figures you get out of gumball machines, nice but not worth making an army of.
Oh, come on! Smurf toys are, and were, awesome!

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:39 am

Mantisking wrote:
NIGELTTF wrote:I said this before and I'll say it again, I really wish TLC would make the most desireable fig the most common, and the "meh" figure rare. That way, people will be hunting the Meh figure, and it both reduces the possible shelf warmers, and makes more consumers happy. It is a capitalistic win-win.
Never happen. It's like Trading Card Games, if a rare card is a coaster -- a useless card -- people scream bloody blue murder but, if it's a good card people are happy.
Asterios wrote:troo be honest I was excited about the Spartans when I first saw them and went out and picked up a few, but after opening one couldn't get rid of them fast enough since they seemed so dorky, they reminded me of like the little smurf toys, or those figures you get out of gumball machines, nice but not worth making an army of.
Oh, come on! Smurf toys are, and were, awesome!

The rare items in the future will be the ones alot of people did not collect half the time, and yeah the smurf figures were cooler