Three More LEGO Collectable Minifigure Series to be released in 2016

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Three More LEGO Collectable Minifigure Series to be released in 2016

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:21 pm

In addition to the new, just released 71011 LEGO Series 15 Minifigures, LEGO will be releasing three more collectable minifigures series!

The first one will be "Die Mannschaft" and will be released in May. This series will contain 16 soccer players from the German team and will most likely only be available in Germany or select European countries. The other special edition minifigure series include LEGO Disney 71012. This series will include 18 minifigures.

The last minifigure series would be the standard LEGO Series 6 Minifigures. Available Fall 2016. Thanks to Zusammengebaut again for the Toy Fair coverage in Germany!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/three-more-lego- ... d-in-2016/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

legolebowski
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Three More LEGO Collectable Minifigure Series to be rele

Post by legolebowski » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:43 am

Cool news.
Also this news would mean that I would save some money this year on CMFs.
The soccer team doesn't interest me, also not insanely into Disney so I think I'll pass on that (especially if the minfigs are like the old Disney Mickey Mouse from 2000, or Disney Princess minifigs/dolls). If the Disney ones are like standard minifigs then there may be a few characters I would like.

But going back to series 16 later in the years sounds great to me.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:53 pm

I'll be getting the wifey some Disney because she's into that and it's around our anniversary time for a release date (the month of May, unless Lego's schedule has slipped). Looking forward to S15 (next month, I think) and S16.

Deathstroke
I'm New !

Post by Deathstroke » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:06 pm

I really wish they would start making a DC Superheroes Minifigures line. Would be a awesome way to get some figures both hero & villain that wouldn't be included in sets. On top of getting the ones that come in sets we don't want to buy.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:19 pm

YES WHAT SLADE SAID

RobertDD
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RobertDD » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:21 am

No Simpsons... :(

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:43 pm

RobertDD wrote:No Simpsons... :(
Forgive me... I'm sort of glad because I don't want them to lock into just one (what's the word... theme? show? license..?) I would like for them to either keep doing more and more of regular CMF while branching into other things like (like it appears they are trying with Disney). Echoing someone else... Fingers crossed for a DC series of CMF.. maybe.. I can hope although I doubt it.

I would have really liked a Otto (bus driver) minifig though

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:23 am

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Superheroes MF line when the main theme is still going strong. But then again, they ARE doing a disney line so...maybe?

FrancisMH
I'm New !

Post by FrancisMH » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:41 pm

Don't the licensed properties have deals with action figure manufacturers that prevent Lego from marketing figures on their own? I believe this was the reason why they started gluing the minifigures to magnets.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:07 am

FrancisMH wrote:Don't the licensed properties have deals with action figure manufacturers that prevent Lego from marketing figures on their own? I believe this was the reason why they started gluing the minifigures to magnets.
Probably. The gluing was actually based on Star Wars mini figures but that was the reason.

Minifigures have been ruled to be action figures and because of that we will never see a CMF series of Star Wars, Marvel or DC, unless licensing issues end.