LEGO Star Wars The Freemaker Adventures & 75098 Assault on Hoth Details Revealed

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Star Wars The Freemaker Adventures & 75098 Assault on Hoth Details Revealed

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:11 pm

PRNewswire has revealed details for the upcoming UCS LEGO Star Wars 75098 Assault on Hoth set! The set will be available May 1st, 2016 for $249.99.

LEGO Assault on Hoth™ Base will Challenge Even the Most Skilled Fan Builders
Experienced builders can recreate the Rebel Force's Echo Base from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back in an unbelievably detailed recreation of one of the most iconic scenes in the original Star Wars trilogy. The 2,144-piece building set inspires fans to build their own scouting missions with the Snowspeeder, armed with twin spring-loaded shooters, and get back to base on the speeder bike to help Luke, Han and the other Rebel heroes. The modular design enables fans to customize their Rebel base configuration, including a Wampa cave and Wampa figure.  The set features LEGO minifigure versions of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Toryn Farr, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, K-3PO, and more. Available May 1 for $249.99.

In addition, they have a press release with details on LEGO Star Wars: The Freemake Adventures. This will be an animated series that will be released later in 2016. Two LEGO sets, Eclipse Fighter ($29.99) and StarScavenger ($49.99) will be available beginning Summer 2016.

NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- NORTH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL TOY FAIR -- LEGO Systems, Inc. today announced a robust slate that will drive continued excitement for the LEGO® Star Wars™ product line, the company's first-ever licensed theme collection that today is a perennial favorite among fans of all ages. From sets based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, to those inspired by a new original animated series, LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures to sets based on the upcoming Star Wars: Rogue One film, the 2016 LEGO Star Wars collection is one of the largest and most diverse since its 1999 introduction.

"For more than 16 years, children and kids at heart have recreated the Star Wars story through LEGO play, and this year we will give them even more stories and characters to explore," said Jill Wilfert, vice president of licensing and entertainment for the LEGO Group. "Our collaboration with Disney and Lucasfilm enables us to bring fun and creative LEGO twists to the Star Wars universe, which is why we're so thrilled to introduce an original LEGO Star Wars television series this year. New original characters and stories, plus two inspired building sets, will bring fans of all ages even more reasons to build and explore with LEGO Star Wars."

The LEGO Group is celebrating the Saga in more ways than ever before, showcasing how building with LEGO bricks inspires open-ended creativity and sparks imagination. New building sets offer the chance to create the stories fans know and love while also empowering them to create their own adventures. For the second year running, a line of buildable LEGO figures brings new heroes and villains to life in a unique role-play experience.

LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
To continue inspiring imagination and storytelling, LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures, an original animated series, will debut later this year on Disney XD. The show's quirky heroes, the Freemakers, are a family of scavengers who build and sell starships from the scoured debris of space battles strewn throughout the galaxy. When the youngest Freemaker discovers a natural connection to the Force through an ancient artifact, his world turns upside down as he and his family find themselves in an epic struggle against the Empire to restore peace and freedom to the galaxy. Throughout their adventures, the Freemakers explore new worlds, meet new (and familiar) characters, and learn the true value of what it means to be a family. The series combines the excitement, action and adventure of a galaxy far, far away with a dose of brick-building humor for which LEGO content is best known. Two building sets based on the series – Eclipse Fighter™ ($29.99) and StarScavenger™ ($49.99) – launch this summer.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-star-wars-t ... -revealed/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: LEGO Star Wars The Freemaker Adventures & 75098 Assault

Post by Legotrain1 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:24 am

249.99 USD and no At-At?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:30 am

Legotrain1 wrote:249.99 USD and no At-At?
I can't wait to see it but I won't be able to purchase it. Hope its glorious for the diehard SW collectors!

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:18 pm

A new at-at will arrive in summer

Legotrain1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legotrain1 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Brickred wrote:A new at-at will arrive in summer
That is not the point. I think for 249 USD this set should have an AT-AT in it.... Otherwise I have no idea how they rationalize charging 249.99 USD for this set.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:34 pm

I love Hoth, it's my favorite thing about and of the Star Wars...

But this is a huge pass for me. It doesn't look close to 2100 or $250. I don't get the point of the set at all.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:24 pm

I have been excited since the rumor about UCS Hoth related set. However, it is so disappointed after seeing the box image. Except the ion canon and generator, nothing is new. It is totally a nightmare that TLG just bundles the old sets together, puts them in a big box, and delivers it to the market. What a waste of a set. I do not see any passion from TLG.

Speaking of At-At, it was on clearance sale during last Black Friday event at local Lego store. What is the point to keep a recent retire set into this bundle set? Is this not having enough re-release sets, is it?

massakassa
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by massakassa » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:06 pm

They basically shoved 7749 Echo Base, 7666 Hoth Rebel Base and 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave in one box and slapped the UCS label on it.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Where did you get that info? Could you share a link please?

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:40 pm

That press release was so exciting and then that's what the set is? Worthless. Considering it's the same price tag and target audience of the Ewok Village, there is no further comparison between the sets. This is really sad. I'd rather shell out an extra $50 and get two more TFA Millenium Falcons.

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:04 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
The image link is above. It's just 3 small sets put together and a jump in price.

SOOOO disappointed in this overpriced POS.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:21 pm

stevebuscemi wrote:
lego the hutt wrote:
The image link is above. It's just 3 small sets put together and a jump in price.

SOOOO disappointed in this overpriced POS.
Hmm, where is the link to the at-at summer release info? I'm still not seeing it.

I am usually very up to date on future set release info and I hadn't seen that. We already know the Star Wars summer wave of sets. There is a rumored at-st coming later but, that's very different.

Unless it's an exclusive I don't believe it...until Brickred, or someone else, is nice enough to provide a link.
Last edited by lego the hutt on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Wow, no. And $250, are they nuts?

golferbigk
I'm New !

Post by golferbigk » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:19 am

i own nearly every star wars set made. this set is lame looking and nothing special. will not wastes 250 on this one. "c'mon man" to lego. outside of the generator, you could take the other stock sets and make an almost identical set. also if the new at-at is not ucs, lego will lose me there as well. i dont need a 4th version even though i love at-at

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:33 am

This is a head-scratcher; I can't fathom who this set is aimed at. Adults who like UCS and can afford the pricetag are surely turned off by its non-UCSness and the fact that it's basically a playset, let alone one that doesn't look substantial enough. Kids (or parents of kids) who might actually play with it are going to choke on the pricetag alone, nevermind that it's ultimately just a mish-mash of every other Hoth set previously made. For a quarter of a thousand dollars (that's some sobering perspective...) I'm just not seeing the worth or point.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:29 am

I'm not as down on this as most people it seems. That being said, I am generally not a fan of sets that are made of small builds that could/should have been sold individually as smaller sets.

I think Lego expects the Ion Cannon and Shield generator to be the selling point of this set. Those are the only two builds we have never received before. Those two things alone make me want to add this to my Hoth shelf.

There are some other nice upgrades I'm noticing. The snow troopers heavy blaster (the one that connects to the box) seems to be much larger and more intricate than previous versions. Yes we have had plenty of turrets/ Cannons in Hoth sets before but there are some new designs there. Have we had Rebel Troop mounted blasters that attach to tubes like those before?...the ones that are behind the barricade. (Tubes is the technical term ;-) ) Some of the minifigs are pretty nice. Clear domed R2 unit etc.

Also, this might look better in person. I think it is larger than some of us realize when looking at the picture. The front section of the main base is over 40 studs wide. It is a pretty good size.

Of course it is easy to complain about getting another snowspeeder or more white speeder bikes or builds that are very similar to what we have received in the past. This is where we are at. We have so few OT sets that haven't been done already. It will pretty much be remakes with minor design upgrades from here on out.

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:20 pm

lego the hutt wrote: I think Lego expects the Ion Cannon and Shield generator to be the selling point of this set. Those are the only two builds we have never received before. Those two things alone make me want to add this to my Hoth shelf.
I agree that they are the attractions. However, if they are the selling point or the raison d'etre of the set, why are they so underwhelming?

In just about every picture or representation of the shield generator, there are four sections. (go on -- google it). Why cheap out at three, and why are they tiny? Why is the ion cannon, which is supposed to represent a badass cannon that knocks things out of space look like something an AT-AT would shrug off?

In a regular set, I'd be glad to have any representation of these structures. In UCS? and for $250? I expect a bit more.

moo10032
I'm New !

Post by moo10032 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm glad lots of other people see how crappy this set really is... The first time I seen that image I was like... wait... I already have all those sets, is this a re-release? Then seen its UCS?! I don't get it...

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:38 pm

I mean, if you had to chose Ewok Village or this, is that even a question? Even if you are not an Ewok fan, the only way you'd like this better is if you are just a die-hard Hoth fan.

Just another way TLG is after profit vs. good sets. I think they thought they could jump the price $50 by including a Taun Taun and Wampa. No thanks.