LEGO Disney 71012 Minifigures Official Image - May 2016

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Disney 71012 Minifigures Official Image - May 2016

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:05 pm

CM4Sci from Eurobricks has posted a picture of the new and upcoming 71012 LEGO Disney Collectable Minifigures! These minfiigures will be available beginning May 2016. The minifigure list is available below. With two of the greatest brands in the world together, this is definitely going to be one of the bestselling LEGO Minifigures Series!

Thanks to forum member PoisonIvy for the news as well.

LEGO 71012 Collectable Minifigure Series Disney

Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
Donald Duck
Daisy Duck
Ariel Ursula
Peter Pan
Captain Hook
Stitch
Alice
Cheshire Cat
Maleficent
Mr. Incredible
Syndrome
Aladdin
Genie
Buzz Lightyear
Pizza Planet Alien

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-disney-7101 ... -may-2016/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Disney 71012 Minifigures Official Image - May 2016

Post by jeremyp4 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:25 am

This is a bit early, but following the pattern of the other minifigure series I thought I would go ahead and ask.

Where can the full boxes of minifigures be purchased? I have seen people post before about buying entire boxes like the ones in toysrus and target, but I have never been able to find an entire box for sale.

I would like to get a few of the Disney boxes. My wife and I own a travel agency that specializes in customized Disney trips....and part of what we do is send a "thank you" box to our clients...usually specific to the interests of the kids going on the trips (if they are bringing kids with them)...anyway...I would love to include some of these in the box.

Any info would be appreciated!

Also....in case you want to check us out...our business name is "Make Magic Vacations" (http://www.facebook.com/makemagicvacations). If you're thinking about a Disney trip message us and we can get started planning. Also...there is a really cool LEGO store down there too... Just sayin'. ;-)

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:46 am

I'm completely uninterested. Most of these don't really translate well into minifig proportions and look misshapen and awkward.

biglesdug
Peasant
Peasant

Post by biglesdug » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:27 am

bea wrote:I'm completely uninterested. Most of these don't really translate well into minifig proportions and look misshapen and awkward.
I agree although Stitch,Cheshire Cat and Maleficent look cool.

Why wouldn't they use the existing head mold for buzz?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:46 am

Stitch, Buzz and the alien are very odd but some of the eyes on the others are creepy. But I still like them more than The Simpsons (whose heads were a little too big).

mobilelinkage
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mobilelinkage » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:20 am

They are having 18 mini figures instead of 16

sfer07
I'm New !

Post by sfer07 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:09 am

Some of these just look odd. Mr. Incredible looks like a toddler or baby. Looking forward to seeing some better pictures.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Alright, how much is each one going to cost me? I am sure there is going to be a price increase. They always increase the price when a special series comes out. Is it $5, $6 or $10 each?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:30 pm

mattlee1965 wrote:Alright, how much is each one going to cost me? I am sure there is going to be a price increase. They always increase the price when a special series comes out. Is it $5, $6 or $10 each?
I was wondering the same thing. I don't think they should raise the price... but they may use "Disney" as an excuse.

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:34 pm

jeremyp4 wrote:Where can the full boxes of minifigures be purchased? I have seen people post before about buying entire boxes like the ones in toysrus and target, but I have never been able to find an entire box for sale.
Yeah, I'd love to know the answer to this question too.

I'd really like to know where people get hundreds of boxes to sell. I mean, geez, even Lego won't tell me who's selling individual boxes.

It's like some secret only a few scalper types get to know.

On the topic at hand, I've got to agree with others posting about proportions. Some of these figures look a little weird on that box. Alice looks like she has a fat head. Plus I think they threw too many different sources in at once. I think it would have been better to have a classic Disney series and then a new generation sort of series.

Or, at least, maybe minifig versions of characters we've only gotten minidolls of?

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:26 pm

jeremyp4 wrote: Also....in case you want to check us out...our business name is "Make Magic Vacations" (http://www.facebook.com/makemagicvacations). If you're thinking about a Disney trip message us and we can get started planning. Also...there is a really cool LEGO store down there too... Just sayin'. ;-)

I bought a case of series 14 with some friends of mine from http://www.minifiguresplus.com/shop.html

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:44 pm

But how did that person get 122 boxes that they can sell at cost?

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:34 pm

So much negativity in here! Some of them are a little oddly proportioned but most of them look great. I'm not even a huge Disney fanboy but I have got to get some of these. Cheshire Cat, Stitch, the Alien, Peter Pan, Aladdin, and of course Ariel and Ursala are all must-haves for me. Maleficent also looks amazing, that cape and hat/ crown/ whatever it is are fantastic.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:05 pm

unduli wrote:So much negativity in here! Some of them are a little oddly proportioned but most of them look great. I'm not even a huge Disney fanboy but I have got to get some of these. Cheshire Cat, Stitch, the Alien, Peter Pan, Aladdin, and of course Ariel and Ursala are all must-haves for me. Maleficent also looks amazing, that cape and hat/ crown/ whatever it is are fantastic.
I agree. Although I'm worried about pricing I'm very happy to see some in minifigure form. I'll definitely be buying the Peter Pan pair, Aladdin pair, Little Mermaid pair, Alice, Stitch and Maleficent. I can't wait to see more pics of Maleficent's "hat". I may pass on the Mickey, Minnie and Donald.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Slickson wrote:
jeremyp4 wrote: Also....in case you want to check us out...our business name is "Make Magic Vacations" (http://www.facebook.com/makemagicvacations). If you're thinking about a Disney trip message us and we can get started planning. Also...there is a really cool LEGO store down there too... Just sayin'. ;-)

I bought a case of series 14 with some friends of mine from http://www.minifiguresplus.com/shop.html

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out for sure.

Thanks again!!!

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:37 am

So far I've resisted the collectible minifigures even the last halloween looking series and i love halloween, so that's saying a lot for my restraint . I really like the Alice and Cheshire cat, but this will probably get me into collecting cmf...Argh maybe i can just collect disney cmf, there are too many other cmf to collect them all at this point :)

I'm too embarrassed to grope the packages, so this is going to require getting creative, maybe everyone i know is going to get common minifigures for their birthday, heh.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:34 am

I don't think some of them translated well enough over to Lego form. I'll probably grab most of them. Curious why Buzz's head is different from what we first saw him as a few years ago.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:07 pm

jeremyp4 wrote:
Slickson wrote:

Thanks again!!!
You might want to try www.toywiz.com. Also, if you have a local toyshop , not the big box store, or local comic shop. They could probably order it too. I was able to buy a box of the earlier series from the lego store since I was friendly with one of the sales person.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:14 pm

slacker wrote:
jeremyp4 wrote:
Slickson wrote:

Thanks again!!!
You might want to try http://www.toywiz.com. Also, if you have a local toyshop , not the big box store, or local comic shop. They could probably order it too. I was able to buy a box of the earlier series from the lego store since I was friendly with one of the sales person.
Thanks for the information. I will for sure check it out and maybe see if I can make any progress with the actual Lego store....just to see

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:47 pm

It is a good idea introducing Disney character into CMF series. However, according to the image, some of them don't look good to me. This image simply explains not all characters could be migrated into Lego minifigure without new mold. Hopefully, the real object would look better.