Official Press Release: 71040 LEGO Disney Castle Set (Available September 2016)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Official Press Release: 71040 LEGO Disney Castle Set (Available September 2016)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:21 pm

A brand-new LEGO Disney set will be coming out as listed on LEGO Shop at Home! 71040 Disney Castle will be available exclusively at LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home beginning September 1st, 2016.

71040 The Disney Castle

Ages 16+. 4,080 pieces. US $349.99, CA $399.99, DE 349.99€, UK £289.99, DK 2999.00 DKK

Welcome to the magical Disney Castle!

Cross the stone bridge and enter the arched doorway to a place where dreams come true. This delightful LEGO® replica of the Walt Disney World® Resort Cinderella Castle is full of authentic details for you to explore. Step into the grand main hall with its mosaic-tiled floor, suits of armor, wall-mounted shields, grandfather clock, ornate chandelier and golden lamp, then venture through a myriad of beautifully detailed rooms featuring familiar decorative details. Create your own Disney adventures with the 5 included minifigures: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Tinker Bell, or add characters from your own collection for endless play scenarios. From its intricate facade, ornate balconies and flag-adorned towers, to the soaring golden-spired main tower complete with fireworks function, this amazing model features unsurpassed detail and magical surprises that will set your imagination free!

Includes 5 minifigures: Mickey Mouse with a tuxedo, Minnie Mouse with red dress, Donald Duck with classic outfit, Daisy Duck with pink skirt, lavender colored shoes and a bow, and Tinker Bell with wig element, skirt, wings and a magic wand.
The Disney Castle features a detailed facade with a stone bridge, clock, wide arched entrance, ornate balconies, spired towers, plus a four-story main building and a five-story, golden-spired main tower, both containing rooms with assorted Disney-inspired features and elements.
Castle main building first floor features the main hall with large arched doorway, mosaic floor tiling, ornate chandelier, suits of armor, shield-decorated walls, grandfather clock, floor-standing vase with buildable flower elements, magic carpet and a golden lamp.
Castle main building second-floor room features buildable dark-blue curtains with curtain pole, ornate buildable candelabra and rose, and glass case elements.
Castle main building third-floor room features a chest with book of spells, mop and bucket elements, and access to the main tower second-floor room.
Castle main building fourth-floor bedroom features a detailed bed with decorative golden headboard elements.
Main tower first-floor kitchen features a large redbrick-patterned stove, workbench, buildable broom and pumpkin, plus pots, pans and assorted kitchen and food elements.
Main tower second-floor room includes a spinning wheel and access to the castle main building third-floor room.
Main tower third-floor room features a chest containing brush, scissor and lock of black hair elements, plus a balcony with 2 stud shooters for a firework-display function.
Main tower fourth-floor room features a golden mirror, plus red apple and glass vase elements.
Main tower fifth-floor room features a window bench and an arched window.
Also includes 2 frogs and a golden crown element.
Remove part of the roof section to discover the glass slipper element and fairy-tale book element with printed cover.
Launch the fireworks and let the magic begin!
Combine with other LEGO® minifigure characters for endless adventures!
This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16 and over.
This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
The Disney Castle measures over 29” (74cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 12” (31cm) deep.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/official-press-r ... mber-2016/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

stclaire
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Official Press Release: 71040 LEGO Disney Castle Set (Av

Post by stclaire » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:44 am

Can't wait to see the neuschwanstein alt builds people come up with :)

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:55 am

This will go right next to my K'nex Flying Dumbo ride.

http://www.knex.com/shop/17654/disney-d ... ing-set/m/

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:21 pm

5 mini figures? Whatttttttt
Are you kidding me? Even the ghostbusters hQ has more!
This is the year Lego ripped me off!
The 60's batcave / the Porschgate packaging fiasco / The Star Wars UCS hoth set and now let's add the Disney castle to highlights of 2016. What's next?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:53 am

I'm glad I've been saving up my VIP rewards!!!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:20 pm

The only thing that's disappointing about this set is the lack of Goofy and Pluto. Other than that, it looks incredibly detailed and designed.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Looks good. That should earn quite a bit of VIP points. :-D

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:36 am

dr_spock wrote:Looks good. That should earn quite a bit of VIP points. :-D
Particularly if there is a 2xVIP points promo and damaged box bonus!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

rexx
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by rexx » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:21 am

Available today to VIP's.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:01 am

Brickred wrote:5 mini figures? Whatttttttt
8.5 cpp for such a well done licensed theme set seems unusually cheap to me. I guess you can't please everyone.

On a side note, I feel like there are already to many figures for the set once you add the CMFs. That's how I feel about our two simpsons sets as well. They are over populated. A lot of figures in this set doesn't seem necessary.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:09 am

lego the hutt wrote:
8.5 cpp for such a well done licensed theme set seems unusually cheap to me. I guess you can't please everyone.

On a side note, I feel like there are already to many figures for the set once you add the CMFs. That's how I feel about our two simpsons sets as well. They are over populated. A lot of figures in this set doesn't seem necessary.
So what you are saying is that the castle is a good price point, but then you should have to add $72 dollars worth of mini figures to make it complete?

The set should be about $300. It's not in the same league as the $350 Ghostbuster set. It's the same as the Batcave and Hoth set, sure by piece they are fine deals, but they just don't seem worth it.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
lego the hutt wrote:

So what you are saying is that the castle is a good price point, but then you should have to add $72 dollars worth of mini figures to make it complete?

The set should be about $300. It's not in the same league as the $350 Ghostbuster set. It's the same as the Batcave and Hoth set, sure by piece they are fine deals, but they just don't seem worth it.
Nope, I'm saying with the CMF...which most people who are willing to purchase this set will be able to attain, there are to many figs. Way more than necessary. This castle could have had 0 and it would have been fine afaic...though then we would hear more than a couple complainers if there were none I'm sure.

I would have been fine with the simpsons sets having less figures than what came with them as well.

The Ghostbusters HQ has a great ppp too. It is a fantastic deal. I'm not taking anything away from that.

To be fair we don't know the licensing fees associated with the various licenses. I could go out on a limb and guess that the costs associated with the license go GB<Disney<SW...but that is purely speculation.

I don't know if picking out one other large set that happens to have a better ppp is a fair comparison?

Lets make a wider comparison of UCS sets..because they are easy to look up and generally have a large piece count like the castle and are also licensed for comparison:
The last 7 UCS sets have all had a worse ppp than the disney castle. There is one set out of the last 13 UCS sets that had a better ppp...by .01 cpp. It came with 1 minifig...R2D2. You can start to consistently find UCS with a similar ppp to the disney castle that came out 8+ years ago...that was a different time as far as Lego pricing goes. It is always easy to manipulate the stats...the SW UCS sets are not a perfect comparison either, but at least I am comparing a number of sets instead of picking out one specific one to try to make a point.

In this day and age it seems like the standard is 10 cpp for licensed theme sets. Sure it varies. I feel like anything less than 10 cpp for a licensed set is generally considered a good deal...and when you get below 9 cpp for a licensed theme set it becomes very difficult for an argument about the cost being to high to hold any weight.