Licensed Themes You Would Like To See

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: Licensed Themes You Would Like To See

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Seems like you can pretty much sort these themes into three categories: Castle, Space and Superhero.

No one wants to see like a real good spy genre? I think something along the lines of Jason Bourne would be nifty.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 pm

legitimatealex wrote:Seems like you can pretty much sort these themes into three categories: Castle, Space and Superhero.

No one wants to see like a real good spy genre? I think something along the lines of Jason Bourne would be nifty.
We had Agents. It was pretty great. Batman is of a similar genre (concealed weapons, tough fast vehicles, secretive, lots of black). We also had Alpha Team before that. And Spyrius was a spy organization.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Alright but I mean like a real spy theme, like spies within a city and exotic locations etc., not the campy children stuff but something a bit more grown up.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:30 pm

legitimatealex wrote:Alright but I mean like a real spy theme, like spies within a city and exotic locations etc., not the campy children stuff but something a bit more grown up.
Hmmm...you can get all the suits you need on bricklink. I doubt it though-LEGO is VERY child oriented, especially of late.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Mantisking wrote:I'd like to see Mobile Suit Gundam sets.
Somehow, I don't see the popularity of Gundam being so great in the West that TLG would want to steal the license from Mega Bloks or (since the line appears discontinued) even attempt reviving it.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 am

GuaranteedUnity wrote:Somehow, I don't see the popularity of Gundam being so great in the West that TLG would want to steal the license from Mega Bloks or (since the line appears discontinued) even attempt reviving it.

I don't know. With MS Gundam 00 playing on Cartoon Network it has a media tie in. And I've seen a fair amount of Gundam model kits at my Favorite Local Comic Store. There might be a fan base for the line.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:37 am

Mantisking wrote:
GuaranteedUnity wrote:Somehow, I don't see the popularity of Gundam being so great in the West that TLG would want to steal the license from Mega Bloks or (since the line appears discontinued) even attempt reviving it.

I don't know. With MS Gundam 00 playing on Cartoon Network it has a media tie in. And I've seen a fair amount of Gundam model kits at my Favorite Local Comic Store. There might be a fan base for the line.
It does I suppose. Anything with giant robots is bound to win popularity. At the moment, we already have an Eastern Action theme, so I doubt that anything like Gundam could come soon. It would be cool though.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

fangbone
I'm New !

Post by fangbone » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:24 pm

I want a "Halloween" theme that would be seasonal from about mid August to Nov 1.

There would be three small sets in the 9.99 range. Each would contain a part of a graveyard, and one minifig. Frankenstien, Werewolf, Vampire. The graveyard pieces would connect to make one larger set.

Each year, the previous year sets would ship (like x-mas) and they could add a few. Zombie, Mummy, Witch. If it was popular, a large haunted hosue set could be done, and a mausoleum/tomb type set. It would be very fun and no fees to pay out for a license.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 pm

fangbone wrote:I want a "Halloween" theme that would be seasonal from about mid August to Nov 1.

There would be three small sets in the 9.99 range. Each would contain a part of a graveyard, and one minifig. Frankenstien, Werewolf, Vampire. The graveyard pieces would connect to make one larger set.

Each year, the previous year sets would ship (like x-mas) and they could add a few. Zombie, Mummy, Witch. If it was popular, a large haunted hosue set could be done, and a mausoleum/tomb type set. It would be very fun and no fees to pay out for a license.
There already is a halloween seasonal set. They suck. Anyhoo

Great idea-I don't see how this is a licensed theme, but monsters are awesome-it's been done before-see the studios theme, 2002. Unfortunately, they are WAY overpriced. The alternative is Series 2 and 4 CMFs, but the plastic really does stand out. It's bugging me...the yellow is so obviously different.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Yeah I'm not sure how that Halloween idea would be licensed, although seasonal lines are always something I desire.

byrns
I'm New !

Post by byrns » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:34 am

GiJoe!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Scooby Doo!

fangbone
I'm New !

Post by fangbone » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah, Halloween isnt a license. I just got carried away reading posts and started writing about what I'd like to see.

I too have thought that Scooby Doo would be a very good license. It's been around for 40 years. Almost every generation had their version of the show, and it seems that it's awlays on TV in some form or another. There's also plenty of cool monster type minifigs that could be made, and neat locations.

Marshallmario
I'm New !

Post by Marshallmario » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:26 am

I would like to see
1.) TMNT - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
2.) Ghostbusters

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:59 am

They'll never make them, but I love to see more sci-fi based themes like Star Trek, Stargate or Battlestar Galactica.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:15 pm

Thundercats!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 pm

Marshallmario wrote:I would like to see
TMNT would be a GREAT franchise... most of us AFOL's are products of those great Cartoons, and EVERYONE loves them.

I also would LOVE for Star Trek to come to Lego... the Ebay MOCs are kind of Ghetto, and Lego could make some SERIOUS cash:

Star Trek: Original
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Enterprise
Plus you add in the what.. 12-15 movies they've put out?

This "theme" would put Star Wars to shame.. how many different races / ships / bases / etc have we seen throughout the different series... the only problem is that Star Trek hasn't been "popular" in a while, and the last attempt at a series (Enterprise) lasted like 2 1/2 or 3 seasons before it ate it. I think the fact that is hasn't been "main stream" in a while would prevent Lego from buying the License. Our only hope is that Star Trek comes out with another Franchise that becomes popular...

That or unless us AFOL Trekkies unite and form a petition! WHO'S WITH ME?!
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:52 am

Luciant wrote:
Marshallmario wrote:I would like to see
TMNT would be a GREAT franchise... most of us AFOL's are products of those great Cartoons, and EVERYONE loves them.

I also would LOVE for Star Trek to come to Lego... the Ebay MOCs are kind of Ghetto, and Lego could make some SERIOUS cash:

Star Trek: Original
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: Enterprise
Plus you add in the what.. 12-15 movies they've put out?

This "theme" would put Star Wars to shame.. how many different races / ships / bases / etc have we seen throughout the different series... the only problem is that Star Trek hasn't been "popular" in a while, and the last attempt at a series (Enterprise) lasted like 2 1/2 or 3 seasons before it ate it. I think the fact that is hasn't been "main stream" in a while would prevent Lego from buying the License. Our only hope is that Star Trek comes out with another Franchise that becomes popular...

That or unless us AFOL Trekkies unite and form a petition! WHO'S WITH ME?!
A lot of people are not fans of series after Next Generation. And petitions never work. Sadly....
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:33 am

BobaFett2 wrote:A lot of people are not fans of series after Next Generation. And petitions never work. Sadly....
While petitions may not work, they'll at least let the company know what some of its fans are interested in seeing.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:43 am

Mantisking wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:A lot of people are not fans of series after Next Generation. And petitions never work. Sadly....
While petitions may not work, they'll at least let the company know what some of its fans are interested in seeing.
True.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream