LegoShop May the 4th be with you (2011)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LegoShop May the 4th be with you (2011)

Post by jsnweitzel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:54 pm

This question is probably better for the Retailer Discussion section but I'll post here because the topic is here.

How does the May 4th sale work (if there actually is one). Online only? Stores open at regular hours if they have the same sale? Does the sale start at a specific time and time zone online? I glanced at TLC last year when they had this sale. If I recall correctly the sales were not active at midnight EST and when I checked back to see the sales everything was gone.

Do you logon with your VIP and just keep refreshing the home page or SW shop page? Do the individual items on TLCs website get posted as on sale before the Sales page? How good were the deals? Free shipping?

My son doesn't have any set that cost me more than $100. So there would need to be some really good discounts to encourage me to pay a little more in order to save more on a set like the Tantive IV.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:46 pm

@ jsnweitzel: Last year, the republic dropship and millenium falcon were discounted at 25% off. Home one was discounted at 30% off. Star Wars magnets and keychains were 10% off. Also, every order gets entered for a chance to win a bronze Boba Fett minifigure. The freebie was a lame sticker sheet. :roll:

But best of all was FREE Shipping on orders above $75 and the glitch for LEGOShop Canada. Discount went backwards (i.e 10% off became 90% off :lol: ) The only item that was discounted right was Home One.

Canada
  • Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker $87.5 (reg.$349.99)
  • Millenium Falcon $187.5 (reg.$679.99)
  • Star Wars Magnets $2.01 (reg.$19.99)
  • Star Wars Keychains $0.61 (reg.$5.99)
USA
  • Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker $187.5 (reg.$249.99)
  • Millenium Falcon $375 (reg.$499.99)
  • Star Wars Magnets $13.5 (reg.$14.99)
  • Star Wars Keychains $4.5 (reg.$4.99)
jsnweitzel wrote:This question is probably better for the Retailer Discussion section but I'll post here because the topic is here.
This is one of those topics that kinda overlaps between star wars, retailer discussion, and sales & deals. In the meantime, I think this will do for speculation for this year's May 4th sale. When there's actual info on the sale, we'll posted in the Sales & Deals Forum. Thanks for pointing it out though. ;)

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:25 pm

If I would have known about this website 1 year ago...I would have gotten a Millenium Falcon for $375. Now, I can't really afford to pay ebay prices. I just wanna thank Toysnbricks and Ice for having this awesome website that have saved me a lot of money since I joined.

Also I have some questions, were those sales for only two days or the entire week? Did your local Lego stores kind of sold out of the sets quickly or they had plenty of stock? Also, did they had plenty in stock of the freebie? Just to know if it is going to be a crazy thing that you have to be there early in the morning...

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:46 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:I just wanna thank Toysnbricks and Ice for having this awesome website that have saved me a lot of money since I joined.
Thanks for your kind compliments! :D
gabriellee11 wrote: Also I have some questions, were those sales for only two days or the entire week? Did your local Lego stores kind of sold out of the sets quickly or they had plenty of stock?
The sale lasted 2 days. There's no LEGO store where I'm living, but I think they were only good online (I could be wrong though). This year, it looks like they're available at LEGO Stores too.
gabriellee11 wrote: Also, did they had plenty in stock of the freebie? Just to know if it is going to be a crazy thing that you have to be there early in the morning...
LEGO calls their freebies "Limited Edition". The sticker sheet in 2010 wasn't popular so it lasted long enough for the promotion. 2009 was the first year LEGO started doing the May 4-5 promotion. That time, the freebie was a poster (15 000 made) and was gone by noon on the first day of the promotion.

Image.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:40 pm

wow, that poster is awesome. Suckedto be in the darkages back in 2009. I passed on the MF UCS at $375 last year. I already had two :D . I'm looking foward to what they have this year.

dubious2515
Peasant
Peasant

Shadow Arf Trooper

Post by dubious2515 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Does anyone know if the Shadow Arf Trooper will become available by any other means than through the $75 promo? I would love to have this exclusive figure but if it is not so exclusive then I can wait to find it by other means.

I remember the white Boba Fetts were supposed to be more exclusive, but there were 20,000 of those produced. I appreciate any input on the matter.

Thank you,

Dubya's Brickyard

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=dubious2515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please take a look at what I have!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=dubious2515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dubious2515
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Shadow Arf Trooper

Post by dubious2515 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:43 am

Does anyone have any input? lol

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:47 am

No one knows anything would be my guess. I know I don't. (Know anything about this that is).
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dubious2515
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dubious2515 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 am

I just wish that there was some kind of speculation at least. I am so skeptical of spending $75 just to receive something that might be out all over the place next month. I guess I will just have to take a leap of faith and hope it was the right decision.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:43 pm

There is some kind of speculation, you are doing it right now, but if you havent already you should check out http://www.eurobricks.com there is another thread on this same topic there, but they have a larger user base.

I know how you feel about the issue though. I mainly plan on taking advantage of the sale assuming some of the larger Episodes IV-VI sets are on sale, then the ARF trooper is a neat bonus.

gvardaman
I'm New !

Post by gvardaman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Those look like the ARF trooper I saw a picture of somewhere as the freebie. I also heard there would be a poster with any purchase and the ARF trooper with a $75 purchase.
I guess $75 is hard to reach without going over, perhaps?
Ut works though, I see people stack up a few boxes and never see anyone pilling on keyrings to reach the minimum.
As stated though they are usually not so incredible as to justify the minimum purchase uless you were already on the fence about a set or something.

I am still crying about missing that UCS Falcon sale last year!

gvardaman
I'm New !

Post by gvardaman » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Gah! Sorry, I missed a whole page of this thread and replied to an old post.
D'oh!

That poster is awesome! I hope I can find one at a decent price.

dubious2515
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dubious2515 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Does anyone know what time central standard time, that the promotion begins? I don't want to end up being late for the promo?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Mon May 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Well, this years sale is completely underwhelming me. Pass.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dubious2515
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dubious2515 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Will there be anymore sales as the promotion goes on, or is this pretty much it?

Ogre21
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Ogre21 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:17 am

dubious2515 wrote:Will there be anymore sales as the promotion goes on, or is this pretty much it?
I'm wondering that myself.
No magnet sets, no keychains, no Death Star, no Imperial Shuttle, no battle packs...
Seems like a REALLY thin sale...unless more stuff is going to be added ON "Star Wars day" (May 4th).
We'll have to wait and see, I guess.
~ Ogre

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Tue May 03, 2011 9:23 am

Ogre21 wrote:
dubious2515 wrote:Will there be anymore sales as the promotion goes on, or is this pretty much it?
No magnet sets, no keychains, no Death Star, no Imperial Shuttle, no battle packs...
Seems like a REALLY thin sale...unless more stuff is going to be added ON "Star Wars day" (May 4th).
If they don't add any more, It will be a complete pass for me.

cruze151
I'm New !

Post by cruze151 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:33 am

Just went into the lego shop and they said they wouldn't be adding anything else to the sale. But I've never talked to someone at the lego store that knows what they're talking about. You'd think they would hire some people with passion for the product.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Tue May 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Ogre21 wrote:
Sacramento Lego Store had buy 2 get 1 free on all Star Wars Magnet sets, that's how I got to $75+. Also, they were apparently giving the Shadow ARF for spending $75 on any items, not limited to Star Wars. I recommend calling your local Lego Store, if you have one, to see if they have any in store only sale items.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed May 04, 2011 11:11 pm

cowbug wrote:Also, they were apparently giving the Shadow ARF for spending $75 on any items, not limited to Star Wars.
I wish they were consistent with these offers. The LEGO store here would not give it up with non-SW purchases - according to the employee on the phone - which was what I expected to be told but it made me pass on the offer. Now I get the feeling it might have been different depending on what employee I talked too :|

No biggie but it's not the first time I've felt I may have missed out due to conflicting stories from LEGO employees. All the mileage to and from to verify in person is adding up quick lately :shock: