LEGO 8827 Minifigures Series 6 (January)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

Which Series 6 Minifigure(s) do you like the most?

Bandit
3%
Butcher
5%
Classic Alien
5%
Clockwork Robot
8%
Genie
10%
Flamenco Dancer
No votes
Highland Battler
4%
Intergalactic Girl
3%
Lady Liberty
13%
Leprechaun
4%
Mechanic
1%
Minotaur
10%
Roman Soldier
19%
Skater Girl
No votes
Sleepyhead
10%
Surgeon
4%

Total votes: 77

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO 8827 Minifigures Series 6 (January)

Post by Zeya » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:56 am

Does anyone know when this will launch? Will TRU do a preorder like usual? I read a rumor on a forum that they're increasing the price of these by another 50¢. :( Hope that's not true.

Now that I can inspect the individual figs more closely (at least the bendy-knee renderings anyway), I like the Flamenco Dancer and the Celtic Warrior much better than I thought I would. I like the Bandit the best in this series; he looks really cool. I'm still disappointed with the Roman guy though; I wish he had a cool armor accessory and then a cool chest printing underneath that, instead of an armor printing on the torso. This series is looking good!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Zeya wrote:Does anyone know when this will launch? Will TRU do a preorder like usual? I read a rumor on a forum that they're increasing the price of these by another 50¢. :( Hope that's not true.

Now that I can inspect the individual figs more closely (at least the bendy-knee renderings anyway), I like the Flamenco Dancer and the Celtic Warrior much better than I thought I would. I like the Bandit the best in this series; he looks really cool. I'm still disappointed with the Roman guy though; I wish he had a cool armor accessory and then a cool chest printing underneath that, instead of an armor printing on the torso. This series is looking good!
Site says January, rumor has it the 9th, so TRU will most likely have them within a few weeks.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:03 pm

50 cents? That would make them four bucks each in Canada. That is crazy.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:38 pm

I heard UK got these. I'm hoping to pick these up during a TRU BOGO50

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:04 pm

and i'm not even done collecting series 5 yet. the color is not bad for series 6 though.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:47 pm

LEGO posted a funny video of this series on there FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100452189026451" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Poll to vote for your favorite LEGO Series 6 Minifigure(s) has been added.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Ice wrote:Poll to vote for your favorite LEGO Series 6 Minifigure(s) has been added.
Minotaur is listed twice.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:39 am

They're listed on LEGO Shop at Home now but listed as sold out/backordered for 30 days. But you can order them.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:52 am

Box Distribution from Brothers Brick.
  • 5x Bandit
  • 5x Highlander
  • 5x Minotaur
  • 4x Alien
  • 4x Flamenco Dancer
  • 4x Leprechaun
  • 4x Skateboarder
  • 4x Space Girl
  • 4x Mechanic
  • 3x Butcher
  • 3x Genie
  • 3x Roman
  • 3x Surgeon
  • 3x Robot
  • 3x Statue of Liberty
  • 3x Robot
  • 3x Pajama Boy

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:32 am

intergalactic girl is great.

my daughter loves her, and my mother in law (who just started collecting lego sets) wanted her when she saw her, so gave(sold) her one i had just got.

personally robot is my favorite, and I didn't think I would like him as much as i do.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:34 pm

I really like this series, but there's one thing that bothers me. I'm sure that TLG has some idea what figures will be in higher demand. It's not rocket science to know that the Roman will be highly sought after, especially after the frenzy the Spartan created. Yet the Roman is among the group of least availability. At the same time I have to ask, do we really need five bandits in every box?

:down:

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:21 pm

3 is the largest group but yeah I wish there were more Romans too. They probably knew he'd be in high demand, being the most prominent fig on the packaging.

Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Selby-Tiger » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 pm

ncbarrett wrote:intergalactic girl is great.

my daughter loves her, and my mother in law (who just started collecting lego sets) wanted her when she saw her, so gave(sold) her one i had just got.

personally robot is my favorite, and I didn't think I would like him as much as i do.
Pink suited girl astronaut is how my daughter phrased it. She it awesome, the long blonde feathered hair is out of control. Bought 3 packs at Target today, was surprised to find S6 there. Hadn't seen them at other Targets nearby. Bought the Minotaur, Girl Astronaut, and thought it would be the bandit but the Robot. Guess we'll have to try again soon!

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 am

Selby-Tiger wrote:... and thought it would be the bandit but the Robot...
Very interesting. I've had a lot of trouble feeling out a Robot (which seems to be my son's favorite), but I have come across LOTS that felt like Bandits. Perhaps I need to refine my technique.

Another I can't seem to find is the Minotaur, so I'm pretty shocked to read that there are 5 per case.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:55 am

Sinfanti wrote:
Selby-Tiger wrote:... and thought it would be the bandit but the Robot...
Very interesting. I've had a lot of trouble feeling out a Robot (which seems to be my son's favorite)...
he has no round head, so it makes it slightly easier to find him., also the piece used to mount his key is the only flat 90 degree piece in any of the figures.

afol30
I'm New !

Post by afol30 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:38 am

This while set is fairly easy to feel once you get hang of it, compared with past sets. I spent an hour in Fred Meyer finding my set right after my last 12 hour shift for the week so I was pretty tired. I'm glad they got rid of the rare 2x figures in a boxes as in past sets.

Like someone already said, the robot is the only piece with a 90 degree angle. Be careful though the skateboard (ugh, enough board/ski figures already) can feel similar if you're not careful as the wheels are not snapped in. Also the robots head is the only thick square piece of that size plus you can feel the eye bumps on it.

The minotaur is easy too. Just find the axe handle (one of three with that piece, alien and pink girl being the other two) then the horns. The horns feel vaguely similar to the bandits guns at first but are slightly smaller and smoother.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:16 am

Sinfanti wrote:I really like this series, but there's one thing that bothers me. I'm sure that TLG has some idea what figures will be in higher demand. It's not rocket science to know that the Roman will be highly sought after, especially after the frenzy the Spartan created. Yet the Roman is among the group of least availability. At the same time I have to ask, do we really need five bandits in every box?

:down:
Pretty much exactly as I thought when I saw the distribution.

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:54 pm

I called TRU today and they said they had them in stock...a skeptic I asked if the bags were white (someone at another TRU mislead me last week). I didn't get by to see if they were there, but he said they had about a case let from yesterday. This is in Independence, MO. Anyone else seeing them in stores anywhere?

PanzerGrenadier
I'm New !

Post by PanzerGrenadier » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Picked up a box at TRU yesterday. The list above was correct but i had one extra genie and one less highlander.