2012 LEGO Monster Fighters (Summer)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Johnnyb287
I'm New !

Re: 2012 LEGO Monster Fighters (Summer)

Post by Johnnyb287 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:14 am

I love the Monster Fighters line! I really hope we get a second wave. As someone said before, it would be cool if a witch took the role of Lord Vampyre in the second wave. Scarecrow, headless horseman/pumpkin man, skeleton/grim reaper, the monster's bride, more zombies!

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:39 am

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what type of reaction did the general LEGO public have when the Atlantis theme was first announced and subsequently released? I began collecting LEGO right around the time the second wave for Atlantis was released, and I'm just wondering how popular it was. The reason I ask is that it seems Monster Fighters has the potential to be far more successful than Atlantis, and should warrant at least a second wave of sets.

This is purely just my opinion, but I wonder what everyone else thinks. I, like many others, would love to see Monster Fighters last for more than just one wave.

legolebowski
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legolebowski » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Johnnyb287 wrote:I love the Monster Fighters line! I really hope we get a second wave. As someone said before, it would be cool if a witch took the role of Lord Vampyre in the second wave. Scarecrow, headless horseman/pumpkin man, skeleton/grim reaper, the monster's bride, more zombies!

Jack-o-lanterns would be great. There are three so far that I know of in LEGO's history (including the one form the Batman set).
It would be great to have one or two new pumpkin head designs.

Also some type of Cat Person would be neat.

MagnusReign
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MagnusReign » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 pm

They should have replaced the vampire newlyweds with a Witch and Warlock newlywed for the Haunted House. Maybe they will still come out with those later tho.

nick92181
I'm New !

Post by nick92181 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:43 am

I've purchased the Swamp Creature, The Mummy, The Werewolf, The Vampyre Herse & The crazy scientist, and they are all great sets. I've never been a set collector before, however, I am opening these and putting them together. It's quite a bit of fun, and I'll display them every year for the month of October, leading up to Halloween. There is a really poor review for the Crazy Scientist set, on the TRU site, here in America, however, I found that set to be quite fun, and if we had kids, they would like it. I'm really excited to start hunting for the poly-bags of the zombie car and ghost with the clock. That will look great parked outside of the Haunted House. Lego reeled me in and I'm hooked!

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:57 am

And that is how it begins....the gateway set.

Mine was a Harry Potter on a lark.

david

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 pm

How come this theme doesn't have an M rating?

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:02 am

Im quite new to lego, but are all of the train's modular enough that you could use the train motor's to make these mobile?

nick92181
I'm New !

Post by nick92181 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:39 am

The Zombies are available on the US Lego shop site. I've ordered a set today. They were supposed to be released on 8/1. I'm excited!

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 am

nick92181 wrote:The Zombies are available on the US Lego shop site. I've ordered a set today. They were supposed to be released on 8/1. I'm excited!
Found these at Target yesterday, too. It looked very nice!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:04 am

beartrapper25 wrote:Im quite new to lego, but are all of the train's modular enough that you could use the train motor's to make these mobile?
I think it is easy enough to add a Lego PF train motor, IR receiver and battery pack to it. Battery pack and IR can probably go into a tender behind the engine. At least that is my plan when I saved up for Ghost Train.

If your layout is 9V, then it is even easier. Stefan did that. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=70073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mooslug » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:43 pm

unclephn wrote:Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what type of reaction did the general LEGO public have when the Atlantis theme was first announced and subsequently released? I began collecting LEGO right around the time the second wave for Atlantis was released, and I'm just wondering how popular it was. The reason I ask is that it seems Monster Fighters has the potential to be far more successful than Atlantis, and should warrant at least a second wave of sets.

This is purely just my opinion, but I wonder what everyone else thinks. I, like many others, would love to see Monster Fighters last for more than just one wave.
According to a LEGO Store employee I spoke with on Wednesday, Monster Fighters has had a better than expected start and is actually outperforming the Lord of the Rings theme. TLG even redirected some Production output from LotR to Monster Fighters to get more on the shelves.

If that's the case I certainly hope we get at least one more wave.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 pm

^ Thanks for the reply! This is good news indeed. I'm willing to bet that Monster Fighters will fly off the shelves come October, and especially when the Haunted House is released. If/when that happens, I hope it'll give LEGO enough of a reason to green light a second wave (if it isn't in the works already)

HallwayOrchard
I'm New !

Post by HallwayOrchard » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:06 am

A question about the Ghost and Zombie Coffin Car (man that sounds silly) pollybags:
Brickset lists these as Lego Disovery Center exclusives. Does that mean they're only available at Lego stores attached to LDCs? Also, what does that mean to a rural Canadian like myself? I'll probably never set foot in a Lego store...
Thanks!