New Star Wars sets summer 2013

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
anthonyj8
Knight
Knight

Re: New Star Wars sets summer 2013

Post by anthonyj8 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 am

Hoth Bricks lets us know that the user motayan has posted some new images on his Flickr stream.
Here's the stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91708573@N ... 8426042710" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And here's the pic of the upcoming sets (Jek 75018-14 Stealth Starfighter and 75019 AT-TE):
$(KGrHqJHJCoFB38FRQ)pBQpWoeZuk!~~60_57.jpg
"However, we note that the ship JEK-14, the supposed villain of the saga The Chronicles Yoda which is still unknown, a false air of X-Wing and AT-TE is a remake of the 2008 version ( 7675), as announced at the London Toy Fair by those who were there.

The set Jek 75018-14 Stealth Starfighter contains 4 minifigs: Jek-14, a Separatist Bounty Hunter , a Special Forces Clone Trooper and Astromech Droid R4-called G0.

The set 75019 AT-TE will come with 5 minifigs: Mace Windu, Coleman Trebor, a Clone Trooper Gunner and two Battle Droids."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kbsig106
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kbsig106 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 pm

popnfresh wrote:3rd gunship? man they really are out of ideas
Agreed, they should have stopped with 7163...

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:14 pm

kbsig106 wrote:
popnfresh wrote:3rd gunship? man they really are out of ideas
Agreed, they should have stopped with 7163...
Maybe it is an idea issue.

Last year I would have said we really need a rancor pit and a ewok village...also a new, non-clone wars, yoda fig. Seems like all 3 of those will be addressed (No one seems to have talked much about the ewok village but there have been multiple reports from different sources...i'm thinking it is legit).

What's left? a Cantina? a remake of the sand crawler? remake of yodas house/degobah sets? I could see that coming since there is a new yoda fig. Similar to how we got a remake of the sailbarge since there is a new Jabba fig.

I'd like to see many more endor sets, similar to how we have so many random Hoth sets. I'm hoping we get multiple sets that combine together to make a larger ewok village display. Maybe a Coruscant that combines multiple sets together would be great. Palpatines arrest does have connection holes for 2 other sets...maybe a Jedi Counsel Chamber and a Padawan Learner chamber..or a galactic library.

The Cantina seems like the next no brainer set that would sell a ton if they produced it...I guess remade it is the proper term but the old cantina was almost 10 years ago and very lacking.

Anyone else have thoughts or ideas on future set possibilities? What did I miss?

Tyrant01
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Tyrant01 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:16 pm

lego the hutt wrote:Anyone else have thoughts or ideas on future set possibilities? What did I miss?
Agreed on the Cantina. I can see a larger version being made sometime soon. Other than that, I would expect a remake of the TIE Interceptor and Bomber at some point. Of the main movie fighters they only have one version while all of the others have at least 2. Also, the original TIE Bomber was released 10 years ago and the Interceptor was released 7 years ago. If a series of Endor sets happens, I could see another At-St (and maybe an At-At that isn't Hoth themed, but that's probably a long shot). I'm not sure if it counts, but I could see scenes from the first and second Death Star turned into individual sets. Likewise with Cloud City. Beyond that, I expect more sets from the Clone Wars cartoon and maybe some random EU sets so the remakes might not be running full speed (though I am at a loss as to what we don't have now that we have the Rancor Pit and we are getting an Ewok Village, as far as original sets for the OT).