LEGO Lord of the Rings Summer 2013

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
willb2064
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO Lord of the Rings Summer 2013

Post by willb2064 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:19 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:The only license sets I can think of that have gone more than one year are, Cars / Cars 2, LotR, Super Heroes, but Im sure we will get Hobbit sets for all three years. Only makes sense. However the movie was expanded from 2 movies to three, might probably happened after the license agreement.
Thanks - I guess Super Heroes could be considered the 2nd longest running with Batman sets from 06-09.

I'm interested to know if the there are 2 LOTR licenses, one for LOTR and one for The Hobbit. If it is the same as other licensees I know then there will be seperate licences for each film property. The next 2 Hobbit movies will be out in the next 18 months (December '13 and July '14), so it will be interesting to see if the Hobbit continues after that or just LOTR (or both).

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:28 pm

Brickshow is claiming the LOTR Tower of Orthanc set is coming in June 2013 (most of the other rumors pointed to the fall 2013) so I hope we get more factual information on the set this soon.

link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O66FSpZrxVA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grogall
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by grogall » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:49 am

HR official images of some of the summer sets are now posted on EB

enjoy! :-D :-D :-D

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... 36&st=2550" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FenrisAkashi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Shannon510
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Shannon510 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Well, I would like to know if this works for anyone. I ordered them. Got my pick up email and just left the store with no legos after driving there.

Apparently, those items show in their system with a sku that tells them to pack up Attack on Weathertop and the Goblin King. They tried to find the correct ones but although KMart.com shows they have them there they do not.

So disappointing. I was so stoked at the thought of building the pirate ship tonight.

FenrisAkashi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FenrisAkashi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 pm

That sucks ;(
Ya I found it odd for sure that they were listed but the item numbers are unique on the site.
Very strange whoever put those in the system seemed to have a put a lot of effort into connecting them to existing items...

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Shannon510 wrote:Well, I would like to know if this works for anyone. I ordered them. Got my pick up email and just left the store with no legos after driving there.

Apparently, those items show in their system with a sku that tells them to pack up Attack on Weathertop and the Goblin King. They tried to find the correct ones but although KMart.com shows they have them there they do not.

So disappointing. I was so stoked at the thought of building the pirate ship tonight.
Yes, this has been reported on other sites as well so it isn't an isolated incident. To bad. It's good to get the word out so others don't have to go through the same disappointment at least.

I expect late june or early july we will probably see them at TRU. They usually get sets out first...and usually at msrp for the first week or so! :eek:

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:03 pm

they playsets look so chintzy for a whole lotta money

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 pm

The hull of the ship in 79008 does not float because it is made of several cross-sections. So without floatation support this hull would sink. The cross section approach means the hull length can be extended in length but not made wider.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Doesn't display full image so click on link below image to see full photo. Not mine. Found it on internet.

http://i.imgur.com/zWZCMxI.png

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 pm

dilbert12 wrote:Doesn't display full image so click on link below image to see full photo. Not mine. Found it on internet.

http://i.imgur.com/zWZCMxI.png
It does look a lot better with the 2 sets put together.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Why didn't Frodo just walk around it?

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:38 am

Saw this on The Brothers Brick and had to post it here . WOW just WOW.

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2013/04/2 ... thanc-set/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 am

Via press release:

10237 Tower of Orthanc
Ages 14+. 2,359 pieces.
Build the The Lord of the Rings™ trilogy must-have model!
US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 199.99€ UK 169.99 £ DK 1699.00 DKK
Finally, collect one of the most instantly recognizable and iconic buildings of The Lord of the Rings trilogy: The Tower of Orthanc! Build all 6 highly detailed floors filled with fascinating movie-related details including the attic, library, alchemy room, Saruman’s throne room, entrance hall and dungeon. This exclusive model stars in some of the most iconic scenes from The Lord of the Rings movies. Swoop down with the Great Eagle and rescue stranded Gandalf the Grey from his tower-top prison after his defeat at the hands of the white wizard, Saruman. Build the powerful, tree-like Ent, with poseable limbs and cool swinging arm function, then attack the Uruk-hai and Orc Pitmaster while Saruman and his servant Grima Wormtongue take refuge high in the tower. The Tower of Orthanc is a must-have model for any The Lord of the Rings collection! Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf the Grey, an Uruk-hai and the Orc Pitmaster.
• Includes a Great Eagle, buildable Ent figure and 5 minifigures with weapons: Saruman with kirtle outfit, Grima Wormtongue, Gandalf™ the Grey, an Uruk-hai™ and the Orc Pitmaster
• Features 6 highly detailed floors with lots of functions, including a folding staircase, LEGO® light brick palantir, opening entrance doors and a trap door
• Weapons include 5 staffs, knife, sword, shield and a long axe
• The attic features a folding staircase, the 3 staffs of the missing wizards, the 2 keys of the Two Towers, 2 maps and an Uruk-hai helmet, shield and sword
• The library features 2 books, 2 torches, 2 maps and 2 skulls
• The alchemy room features 2 torches, a bomb (being produced for the Battle of Helm’s Deep™), 2 potions, bottle, skull, gunpowder keg, pot, cauldron and a long axe
• Saruman’s throne room features lamps, 2 bookcases with 3 potions, map, letter and the powerful palantir with a LEGO light brick
• The entrance hall features opening doors, trap door, 2 large banners, chandelier, statue and 2 axes
• The creepy dungeon features a chain, 2 bones, 2 skulls and a rat
• Buildable Ent features poseable limbs for holding a minifigure and a cool swinging arm function
• Attack the tower with the cool buildable and poseable Ent!
• Swoop to the rescue with the Great Eagle!
• Activate the LEGO light brick and make the palantir glow!
• Set the trap door and banish unwanted guests to the dungeon!
• Prepare the bomb for the Battle of Helm’s DeepTM!
• Swing the Ent’s arms to smash or grab things with the poseable fingers!
• Measures over 28" (73cm) high, 8" (21cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep
• Ent stands over 9" (23cm) tall

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
July 2013 via shop.LEGO.com"

Link:
http://www.fbtb.net/2013/04/26/official ... f-orthanc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Marcus70 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

swills
Peasant
Peasant

Post by swills » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 am

That's such a ridiculous set. :-)

Was contemplating the new UCS X-Wing as a birthday present for myself in July. This looks like a far more impressive set for the price point. Plus, I'll never have to buy a black brick again!

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:02 am

Yeah and we all have time to save up for this :) Oh wait still need to buy Lone Ranger and the other LOTR stuff Argh.

scotts
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scotts » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:04 am

just read the press release, this looks amazing!

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:33 am

Here is the Tower of Orthanc - Designer video! They had three different designers each made a section of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aOdjObziYg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shannon510
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Shannon510 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:51 pm

This is a definite purchase for me. I love that the ent comes with it. Looking forward to this build.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm very happy to see it comes with an ent. That is sweet. There are also some nice details in the rooms that I hadn't seen before.

I kind of wish they had kept info on this set more secret until the press release came out and I would have been blown away. Since we have seen so many multiple pictures of this the last few months it's not quite as exciting as it could have been. Still an awesome looking set.

Now if we can just get official confirmation on the ewok village...