Kingdoms vs The Rest of Castle

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
legitimatealex
Count
Count

Kingdoms vs The Rest of Castle

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:42 pm

How does it stack up? We've got the first wave of it out at Toys R Us and LEGO store so far. I've purchased 3 of the sets and they're alright. Every time I look at the Kingdoms line though I always have to compare it to the previous castle themes that have been released and I just want to know, how do you think the Kingdoms line compares to the rest?

I personally don't think it will be remembered for but three items: Unicorns, new helmets and good minifigure printing. Everything else has been pretty much the same with the exception of some of the modular castle walls change and the introduction of a new portcullis. It doesn't have anything unique like the Fantasy line did (Goblins and Trolls and Skeleton warriors) or breaks away from the standard Castle, Tower, Joust like Forestmen did and it sure as heck is no Ninja/Samurai. Pretty nonchalant.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Legopilot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Kingdoms vs The Rest of Castle

Post by Legopilot » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Alright look. Being a not too castle fan, I would not be able to tell the difference from kingdoms and castle. The obvious one is knights vs knights and knights vs trolls and skeletons.

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:18 am

The new kingdoms line is better with the new unicorn. Personally, the old castle line with blue color is better than the kingdoms line with red and green.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:55 am

I bought two more of the Kingdoms sets and I'm a little underwhelmed by them. Woohoo, new minifigure prints, good ones and hooray to the new accessories and colors but they're just not the most exciting bricks in the box, if you know what I mean.

In other news: why do I keep buying the Kingdom's sets? I love Castle, perhaps too much.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

SirBrickly
I'm New !

Post by SirBrickly » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:03 am

I'm having a great time with these Kingdoms sets anyway! I've ordered the King's Castle from Amazon.co.uk and can't wait for it.
So judging on what I've seen Kingdoms outdoes all of the other Castle Sub-Themes that have accumulated in last 10 Years, although I'm not sure if it'll match up to the early castle sets.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:57 am

SirBrickly wrote:I'm having a great time with these Kingdoms sets anyway! I've ordered the King's Castle from Amazon.co.uk and can't wait for it.
So judging on what I've seen Kingdoms outdoes all of the other Castle Sub-Themes that have accumulated in last 10 Years, although I'm not sure if it'll match up to the early castle sets.
I Like the castle from this set a lot!
I really liked the modular build of it, and the fact that I can, and plan on, easily expanding it.

Of course I never had a castle, from any series, so maybe I am a bit jaded. :ugeek:

And I like the minifigs from the current series.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

SirBrickly
I'm New !

Post by SirBrickly » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:12 am

ncbarrett wrote:
SirBrickly wrote:I'm having a great time with these Kingdoms sets anyway! I've ordered the King's Castle from Amazon.co.uk and can't wait for it.
I Like the castle from this set a lot!
I really liked the modular build of it, and the fact that I can, and plan on, easily expanding it.

Of course I never had a castle, from any series, so maybe I am a bit jaded. :ugeek:

And I like the minifigs from the current series.
Yeah, I'm the same. I've fantasized about getting various Castles in the past and have almost done so, but never quite got around to it.

However I think this one is especially good, despite the fact it'll be my first. Perhaps it's the colour scheme or something, but it's just so... realistic and majestic! And that goes for all of Kingdom sets so far. They appeal to me more then other Castle sets in general.