LEGO Star Wars 2014 Summer Sets (Rumor List)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Star Wars 2014 Summer Sets (Rumor List)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:07 pm

A Hungarian Toy Shop has revealed a list of some of the 2014 Summer Star Wars sets. The list is a rumor and prices are only estimates. A good chunk of the sets are remakes, but most of them were produced quite a while ago except the AT-AT (8129 AT-AT Walker from 2010). Nothing too exciting with another Snowspeeder since we've got several of those in Hoth Rebel Base, Wampa Cave and Battle of Hoth already. However, its nice to see remakes of Mos Eisley Cantina and Imperial Star Destroyer as its been a long time since we've had that. Quite a good wave for the summer. What do you think of these new sets? (via FBTB and Groove Bricks)

75048 - Phantom ~20-30 EUR
75049 - Snowspeeder 278 pieces ~30-40 EUR
75050 - B-wing 448 pieces ~50-60 EUR
75051 - Jedi Hunter 490 pieces ~60-70 EUR
75052 - Mos Eisley Cantina   615 pieces ~70-80 EUR
75053 - The Ghost piece number unknown yet ~90-100 EUR
75054 - AT-AT  1138 pieces ~110EUR
75055 - Imperial Star Destroyer ~120EUR

Shown below is the 2006 Version of the 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer. Hopefully with this new version, they will fix up the stability of the bottom of the ship (which they did in the 2009 Venator class Republic Attack Cruiser). Quite an optimistic wave for the summer. What do you think of these new sets?

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-star-wars-2 ... umor-list/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Re: LEGO Star Wars 2014 Summer Sets (Rumor List)

Post by jal4u2c » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:50 am

I'm liking this line up much better than the current winter wave due out. It looks like all of them are for the new Rebels animated show so them may be tweaked from the original releases. I was just talking the other day about how i would like to have a Star Destroyer and here it is! Very nice!

tsetsetse89
Citizen
Citizen

Post by tsetsetse89 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:30 am

NOOOOOOO MY WALLET

AT-AT, Star destroyer, Cantina MUST HAVE FOR ME

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:40 am

Any idea what the Phantom is?

I'm just wondering if it's the X-70B Phantom Prototype (it's a ship from Old Republic). I was really hoping the D5-Mantis would be next down the pipe.

Looks great for you guys that collect general/all SW though :)

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:19 am

The-Daryl wrote:Any idea what the Phantom is?

I'm just wondering if it's the X-70B Phantom Prototype (it's a ship from Old Republic). I was really hoping the D5-Mantis would be next down the pipe.

Looks great for you guys that collect general/all SW though :)
The phantom, ghost and jedi hunter are from rebels according to groove bricks.

firebat11
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by firebat11 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:37 am

I am lacking all of these (except snow speeder) from previous years. My wallet will also be lacking there too...

Bring on the AT-AT & the Star Destroyer!!!

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:46 am

It is a great list, though I am not completely believing it. We all know how accurate these early set preview lists can be.

After the winter wave it will be nice to be interested in Star Wars sets. The cantina and hopefully the ISD (assuming it's not an abnormal, rebels version) are the two I am most interested in.

The B-wing is a maybe. I'd like it to come with some scaffolding like a stand to hold it up similar to the older one. Not sure if I need more smaller ships. Depends on how it is designed and the figs.

Also, the AT-AT is a maybe. I love the AT-AT but that seems like one we have gotten quite a few of. Off the top of my head there have been at least 3, the last one within the last few years. Remakes aren't bad but they should try to space them out a little better. I guess the At-At sells well. It will have to blow me away to spend money on it...another motorized version would probably do it.

Like some other people have mentioned the cantina seems like a small piece count. What are people expecting from a 600 piece cantina? The bar and 1 table seems likely with a few figs? Greedo and Han seem like a given. I have heard talk on another website about people hoping for a new dewback. That would mean a sandtrooper. A bartender and some cantina aliens would be nice but I don't see that many figs being included in a 600 piece set...especially if we get a dewback macrofig.

I could hope that this 600 piece set will connect to a another cantina set in the future. We could compare it to the Rancor pit. 1 macro fig dewback, a han a greedo and a sandtrooper. Then a later release with more aliens, a bartender, a cantina band would be bonus but that is kind of a stretch. I just have a hard time picturing how they can do the cantina justice with only a 600 piece set.

Also, like has been mentioned, I'm surprised there is no use of the new Yoda fig. A Dagobah set was rumored last year around the same time the Ewok Village was rumored. Maybe it will be an exclusive and be announced later?

connor32997
Citizen
Citizen

Post by connor32997 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:56 am

I dont think this list is very accurate, but I really hope it is. I have always wanted a At-At and the Mos Eisley Cantina sets! I was kind of hoping for a Dagobah set with Yoda from the 6th movie scene when he dies, or from the 4th when he is training Luke! I also think that some of the sets we are expecting to be from the movies, are going to be different version from Rebels!

JabbaT
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JabbaT » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:18 pm

The cantina!

also 75051 Jedi Hunter comes with jek-14, rhoian jedi, RA-7, astromech droid and 2 other minifigs.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:30 pm

lego the hutt wrote:The phantom, ghost and jedi hunter are from rebels according to groove bricks.
DOH! Oh well, saves my wallet at least. Thanks for the information :)

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:29 pm

JabbaT wrote:The cantina!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUhS2NlSw6s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also 75051 Jedi Hunter comes with jek-14, rhoian jedi, RA-7, astromech droid and 2 other minifigs.
Not to go off on a tangent but HAN SHOT FIRST. :angel:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:25 pm

I may be in a minority on this one but I'd like to see a new Star Destroyer without any minifigs. I hope the full value of the set can go towards making a bigger ship, hopefully something closer to 2002's UCS version (minus magnets) than 2006's playset version.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to seeing minifigs for the new Cantina.

tsetsetse89
Citizen
Citizen

Post by tsetsetse89 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Really hoping this list is accurate! I actually appreciate the remakes recently. In my opinion, Lego has been doing a great job picking out some of the historically more popular sets to redesign.

For example, Jabba's Sail Barge, Republic Gunship, and Jabba's Hut to name a few, were all sets that were selling on ebay/bricklink for a huge premium in comparison to their original retail price. Now, other sets like the AT-AT and the Mos Eisley Cantina are being remade and collectors can add a Cantina to their collection without shelling out $200 for a 193 piece set (assuming this list is accurate).

Maybe 2015 Winter release set will include re- release of other popular old sets like 10123 Cloud City! :D

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:30 pm

I saw these prices on another site.

LEGO Star Wars Phantom 75048 $24.99
LEGO Star Wars Snowspeeder 75049 (278 pieces) $39.99
LEGO Star Wars B-Wing 75050 (448 pieces) $59.99
LEGO Star Wars Jedi Hunter Frontier 75051 (490 pieces) $69.99
LEGO Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina 75052 (615 pieces) $79.99
LEGO Star Wars The Ghost 75053 ( ?? pieces) $99.99
LEGO Star Wars AT-AT 75054 (1,138 pieces) $120
LEGO Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer 75055 ( ?? pieces) $149.99

JabbaT
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JabbaT » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Pictures for AT-AT, Snowspeeder and Imperial Star Destroyer. :up:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63787850@N06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:13 am

Pictures are a good sign but they look a little bit fishy. (they were posted on flickr by a young kid wearing a fake beard... )

First opinion after seeing them if we are going to assume they are real:

The cantina picture clearly shows Han, one other figure that I can't make out (maybe greedo) and what looks like squidward from spongebob sets. I figure these must be preliminary pics with the wrong minifigs listed.
As far as the build goes, the Cantina looks about like I expected. There had been rumors of a new dewback so that is nice to see, though the dewback looks pretty plain and undetailed in the picture. It looks like a digital image. I don't see any neck or leg joints. If the landspeeder is actually included that will be better than expected and be a very nice bonus. It is barely in the pic so it could just be part of the scene. It looks like 8092 from the little bit we can see.

The At-At looks a bit disappointing. Much less minifigs than the last At-AT. It is hard to compare size but I'm not seeing anything special compared to the previous sets. The build looks almost identical to 8129 other than the cockpit area of the walker. The guns on the head are slightly different. The legs and body look the same. It doesn't have the capability to have luke hanging from it which I thought was always a neat feature of the last one. It doesn't seem to be motorized but who knows. Unless I'm missing something I'm not seeing anything that makes this worth buying if you already own one of the other AT-ATs.

The ISD is hard to see. From what I can tell it looks a lot like 6211. It even has the similar green laser bolts. I wish I could see the upper bridge area. It looks pretty nondescript but there is the smaller picture that shows it open that is even more difficult to see. First reaction is I wish there were more tiles instead of so many exposed studs on the outside.

I'm not an expert on watermarked pictures but I don't think I have ever seen them with the wrong minifigs before...pretty sure the cantina shows squidward. That is abnormal for a retailer catalog isn't it?

Maybe I expected to much but these pictures leave something to be desired.

Klepto440p
I'm New !

Post by Klepto440p » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:25 am

Haha yeah I noticed Squidward. Squidward's become a Jedi lol. But seriously is that "HammerHead" that'll be cool if it is.

larsnelson76
Peasant
Peasant

Post by larsnelson76 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:26 am

The picture does show an Ithorian Jedi, or hammer head, which will be great as a custom fig for the cantina also.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:18 pm

larsnelson76 wrote:The picture does show an Ithorian Jedi, or hammer head, which will be great as a custom fig for the cantina also.
Are we looking at the same picture? I don't see hammerhead. Specifically there are 2 figures with squidward heads in the picture. There is only 1 hammerhead in the cantina scene so I don't think they could be placeholders for him. Someone else on another site mentioned 2 cantina band members. They do have black shirts and grey pants just like band members. It seems pretty likely the head sculpt just isn't finalized yet.

Still, having placeholder minifigs in the retailer catalog seems strange.

This cantina set screams for an add on set that includes the bar and more aliens. Why else would they make a cantina set without the bar? It really needs more alien figures.

Edit: I see what you mean now. There is a hammerhead listed in the Jedi Hunter set (from the new rebels tv show) shown underneath the cantina picture. Though it is hard to make out...I don't think it says Ithorian. Looks more like Ithoian to me. It really doesn't look like there is an extra letter in there. Typo or new Rebel's take off of hammerhead?

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:10 am

Not sure if people have seen these or not.

The ISD comes with a Emporer Hologram. That sounds pretty sweet.
http://shop.kiddiwinks.co.za/jun14/75055" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, the cantina is listed as having a bar. I didn't see that in the picture. Also it has slide out floors and the roof opens. 8 figures. So that's Han, Greedo, 2 Bith, Sandy, Luke, Obiwan...and 1 more. I'd hope for a cantina alien but I wouldn't be suprised if it was r2 or 3po. There is definitely more to the cantina we didn't see in the one picture.
http://shop.kiddiwinks.co.za/jun14/75052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;