Hey everyone - Nick's Brick Builds here!

Welcome to Toys N Bricks. Be sure to introduce yourself here!
NicksBrickBuilds
I'm New !

Hey everyone - Nick's Brick Builds here!

Post by NicksBrickBuilds » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Hey everyone - my name is Nick (obviously from the username). I've recently (over the past year) rediscovered my my passion and interest in building LEGO. As a kid growing up in the 90's (early 90's especially), I loved the different LEGO Space themes. I had a huge space base that lived under my bed made of lots of baseplates and my own imagination. I'd build large space ships and have tons of fun. Fast forward to me being an adult, I found a few YouTube channels which do reviews/speedbuilds/MOCs/etc... and that renewed my interest. Then last September, while searching for some computer stuff at Best Buy, I stumbled across the First Order Star Destroyer Polybag, and decided to get it.

Since then, I've gotten some cool sets including the Yellow Submarine set (combining my passion/job of Music with LEGO...pretty awesome!) as well as the NASA Apollo/Saturn V (which combines two childhood interest - space stuff and LEGO!). Last November I took all my LEGO from my parents house and bought it to my current place. Before doing that I organized it by color (easier for sorting at a later date), bagged it up and put them in storage tubs. A project that I'm going to be working on in August is to sort through all my lego pieces and store them so that I'll be easy to find pieces for MOCs and sets that I'll be building. I found a whole bunch of old instruction books from my past sets, and am super excited to put them together and display some of them.

Since embarking on this, I've tried to find some LEGO communities (I've found a few FB groups/etc...) so it's great to find a forum where I can share this stuff with others.

I do have my own (very small at the moment) YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl-kRm ... immdzutnGA). I don't have much content, and am just starting my channel. Any comments/constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Once I get my build area set up, I plan on doing some MOCs as well as diving into my "vintage" set collection and doing some builds/reviews/etc...

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know the community and talking LEGO with everyone!

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Hey everyone - Nick's Brick Builds here!

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:47 am

Hello, welcome to Toys N Bricks!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:37 am

Welcome!

NicksBrickBuilds
I'm New !

Post by NicksBrickBuilds » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:18 am

Thanks for the welcome - looking forward to participating in the community here!

askthelegoguy
Knight
Knight

Post by askthelegoguy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:38 am

Welcome NicksBrickBuilds, I'm glad we have another fellow YouTube joining the Toys N Bricks family.

NicksBrickBuilds
I'm New !

Post by NicksBrickBuilds » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:54 pm

askthelegoguy wrote:Welcome NicksBrickBuilds, I'm glad we have another fellow YouTube joining the Toys N Bricks family.
Thanks! I just subscribed to you change. It's nice to find a place that welcomes YouTubers sharing their content.