2012 LEGO Super Heroes Marvel (Summer)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: 2012 LEGO Super Heroes Marvel (Summer)

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:40 am

It looks like he has claws instead of hands to me.

I have to say I like the looks of these a lot more than the Batman, I mean DC line. Honestly. LEGO should have released more super heroes than 95% Batman and then one random Superman set. Then hold out the Batman sets until the movie.

pdaaat
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pdaaat » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:47 am

Shijima wrote:The way the claws are angled Id say it looks like he still has hands its just something hes holding like in the PoP sets.
I've seen another pic where he has flesh hands holding claws.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Toys N Bricks wrote: Marvel LEGO Ultrabuild Figures

LEGO 4529 Iron Man - $14.99

LEGO 4597 Captain America - $14.99

LEGO 4530 Hulk - $14.99
First post updated.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:44 am

I think that Iron Man looks the best, as these designs look like robots to begin with. Captain America looks simply good (the shield is great, though), and Hulk is, well, ho-hum.

Bobsterino
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Bobsterino » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:48 am

I have to say I'm completely underwhelmed by these Ultrabuild sets. I own at least one of all of the Batman/DC sets (including the originals) and I just don't see these as part of the same collection. At this point (never say never) I have no plans to buy any of these. Any other collectors feel the same way? I'm the same way with Bionicles - they just seem too far from core Lego.

pdaaat
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pdaaat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 am

Zero interest in the Bionicle-style stuff. Bought a lot of Batman minifigs sets already.

Tiedmon
I'm New !

Post by Tiedmon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 am

Bobsterino wrote:I have to say I'm completely underwhelmed by these Ultrabuild sets. I own at least one of all of the Batman/DC sets (including the originals) and I just don't see these as part of the same collection. At this point (never say never) I have no plans to buy any of these. Any other collectors feel the same way? I'm the same way with Bionicles - they just seem too far from core Lego.

I received the Batman Ultrabuild as a gift, and once opening and building the set my opinions changed. The quality is excellent and the heads on these figures are really awesome. They are rubbery and definitely have a comic book style to them. I ended up getting the Joker and I will probably get the rest as well.

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:40 pm

It's about time we got to see the box art.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 pm

From Smashingbricks:

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Man, the Quinjet looks a lot better than I was imagining. Hawkeye kinda just looks like a regular dude, but that's because his costume in the movie is more down-to-earth than it is in the comics. His bow looks really
nice though.

I really hope that's still a prelim version of Iron Man. I understand that his helmet would be large in order to fit over a minifig head, but it almost looks excessively big. I hope it'll look better in person than it does in the photos.

turtle1173
Knight
Knight

Post by turtle1173 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:02 pm

I also read there are two other minifigs in the captain america set. Can't wait to see what more is included in that set.

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:17 pm

How come they aren't doing any Punisher sets?

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:17 pm

unclephn wrote: I understand that his helmet would be large in order to fit over a minifig head, but it almost looks excessively big.
I had read somewhere that the visor lifts up to reveal Tony's face underneath. And in the exclusive minifgure for New York Toy Fair-Iron Man is one of the freebies and it looks like his mask is painted on a minifig head. This thread here has a picture. I guess we'll just see what really happens. I personally like the painting. Lego should just make an additional head to swap out for "human" moments.

Jared

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:15 pm

How come they aren't doing any Punisher sets?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:29 pm

BrickGarurumon wrote:How come they aren't doing any Punisher sets?
Because the Avengers, the X-Men, and Spider-Man = $$$. They are the most popular and recognizable characters in the Marvel Universe, with numerous movies and cartoons between them.

The Punisher? Not so much.

Seriously, is that really a question that needs to be asked?

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:46 pm

legogod wrote:
unclephn wrote: I understand that his helmet would be large in order to fit over a minifig head, but it almost looks excessively big.
I had read somewhere that the visor lifts up to reveal Tony's face underneath. And in the exclusive minifgure for New York Toy Fair-Iron Man is one of the freebies and it looks like his mask is painted on a minifig head. This thread here has a picture. I guess we'll just see what really happens. I personally like the painting. Lego should just make an additional head to swap out for "human" moments.

Jared
Ah yes, thanks for the info on the lift-able visor. That's actually pretty cool. If that's the case, it'd be nice if he had some armor pieces for accessories to help balance out his big head (ie. something similar to the CMF hockey player's shoulder pad piece). That way the minifig would actually be wearing armor, as opposed to it just being printed on. They could instead print that black jumpsuit he had on in the films, as well as his arc reactor on the front of the torso.

CharliesDad
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CharliesDad » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:22 am

The Marvel sets look really great! As I'm more of a DC fanboy, I'm a bit jealous as I found the DC run played it a little too safe and predictable. Would have loved to see Superman's Fortress of Solitude, a Flash or Green Lantern set or maybe even the JLA. I've got my fingers crossed for a second wave. That said, I'm really looking forward to the Marvel releases. They all look amazing!

BrickGarurumon
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickGarurumon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:10 pm

How come they aren't doing any Spider-Man sets?

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 am

CharliesDad wrote:Would have loved to see Superman's Fortress of Solitude, a Flash or Green Lantern set or maybe even the JLA.
Me, too! Still, I'm so happy to see these licensed themes available. I managed to purchase an open box Arkham Asylum for my son a couple years ago for about $100 less than the average price at that time - which of course means I still paid megabucks for it. I gave it to him this past Christmas - and it's all I can do not to go into conniptions whenever he plays with it, changes the minifigures heads around, mixes pieces up, etc.

We're looking forward to seeing the Avenger's sets in person.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:37 am

Marvel sets now for preorder on TRU.com: linky