Transcontinental Railroad Golden Spike Ceremony Lego Idea

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
jackdude101
I'm New !

Transcontinental Railroad Golden Spike Ceremony Lego Idea

Post by jackdude101 » Fri May 22, 2015 8:17 pm

Vote for my Golden Spike Ceremony Lego Ideas project, based on the famous historical event in 1869 where the First Transcontinental Railroad in the United States was completed, here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/95531

It's basically the biggest historical milestone in American railway history. When the Transcontinental Railroad was finished during the Golden Spike Ceremony in Utah, where a final railway spike made of solid gold was symbolically driven to signal the rail line's completion, the rail networks on the East and West Coasts were connected for the very first time. It was the beginning of the end of the Wild West. Now instead of a dangerous months-long journey in a covered wagon travelling west to California, you could make the trip by train in a week!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.