Hennessey Venom GT Spyder Technic Supercar

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
loxlego
Peasant
Peasant

Hennessey Venom GT Spyder Technic Supercar

Post by loxlego » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:33 pm

I am pleased to announce my most challenging and rewarding build, the American supercar, the Hennessey  Venom GT. :cool:

http://youtu.be/ujoxB7lGKJg

Flickr photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHskNRp6jE

This build has a V8 twin turbo engine, a motorized rear wing, working steering wheel, 6x lights and a 8 inch GPS built into the center console.

This car has quite a few new ideas and build styles that I will definitely be pursuing in the future.

When I got stuck designing the front of the car, Dugald designed one of the front wheel wells. [thanks Bro!]

This car took about 2 months and has the most detail I have ever put into a car. So grab a cup of coffee, get comfy and enjoy the video!

Twin turbo and interior ;)

My new car in the driveway. Wish it were real....

I am a much bigger fan of the Hennessey after researching the car for this build. The curves on this beast were incredibly hard to replicate, and now I know why not many others have tried it before in Technic Lego...

The Suspension Works really well on this car, even though its 6.5 pounds. 

These Porsche wheels spread the weight of the car over the width of the tire and support this car SO much better than the old tires. 

Twin turbo with 1451 horse power  :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Re: Hennessey Venom GT Spyder Technic Supercar

Post by captainrex803 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:23 pm

That's really impressive, I doubt you'll be taking that apart any time soon!
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.