LEGO Ideas Test Lab - New Software Platform for LEGO Ideas

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Ideas Test Lab - New Software Platform for LEGO Ideas

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:05 pm

LEGO Ideas is launching an updated LEGO Ideas software platform. Right now, it is currently a test session (beta testing phase). You can also sign up to be a beta tester as well. See below for more details. (via LEGO Ideas blog)

What’s that now? LEGO Ideas Test Lab?

Today we’re launching LEGO Ideas Test Lab, a test version of an updated LEGO Ideas software platform. We’ve emailed invitations to 5,000 of the most active LEGO Ideas and LEGO Rebrick members. Please help us test the new platform between January 18th and April 14th. If you didn’t get an email invite, you’re still welcome! The test is limited to 7,500 people. Head over to LEGO Ideas Test Lab to sign up.

On LEGO Ideas Test Lab we'll be running a new kind of challenge during this period, which differs from the standard LEGO Ideas and slightly from the LEGO Rebrick experience that you're used to, but don't worry - neither of these two classic experiences are going away. On LEGO Ideas Test Lab, you can participate in an exclusive Fourth Build Challenge, that's about expanding upon given LEGO Creator 3in1 sets. You can also join in small activities along the way and socialize in the Community Café.

We can't wait to get started and are very excited about what we'll learn from testing this platform together with many of you. We're looking forward to how LEGO Ideas Test Lab will shape the future of LEGO Ideas.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-ideas-test- ... ego-ideas/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Ideas Test Lab - New Software Platform for LEGO Ide

Post by captainrex803 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:08 pm

The test lab is interesting, I'm not quite sure how this is branching off of Ideas, as it seems more like a LEGO forum/network rather than an Ideas oriented addition.
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.

captainrex803
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO Ideas Test Lab - New Software Platform for LEGO Ide

Post by captainrex803 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:16 pm

I also get a lot of emails now regarding that random users have "followed" me. I haven't made any posts or anything, yet I am bombarded with follows by users who most likely just want me to check out their projects. This is a flaw that I am not so happy about with the new Ideas Test Lab.
Look, you wake up one day, and your legs, they just give and you just can't run anymore.