[WiP] crawlspace LEGO mancave

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
adadk
I'm New !

[WiP] crawlspace LEGO mancave

Post by adadk » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:24 am

In one side of my house' crawlspace. 13 feet wide and 20 feet long.

Built my MOC "table" on a frame with 2x4s and set on 360° rotating casters. The top is 4 interior slab doors each measuring 30" x 80". So 60" x 160" total size. (6 by 16 baseplates).

I also had built a trough along one wall for my loose bricks. 17 feet long, 15 inches wide. Will probably need to wire some more lights above it - it's a bit dark due to the current lights being in the centre of the crawlspace, and the majority of my pieces being black.

Yes my rolly chair is pink. Don't care. Just gonna be me under here anyways building away...
Pics taken with my GoPro Hero 5 so I can take a wider FOV.

Ever since i saw the videos and pictures of Brian Darrow's Blacktron Intelligence Agency, I wanted to do something similar. Heck, I even bought some monorail track that was used in the BIA a couple years ago from Brian on eBay.

The baseplates will be the problem though. The table can hold 96 of them. Might take me a couple years to have purchased enough to fill this thing.

Strela_3M
I'm New !

Re: [WiP] crawlspace LEGO mancave

Post by Strela_3M » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:06 pm

Man, that mancave is twice the size of the studio I rented when I was in university :lol: and that collection must cost more than said studio!

By the way, I'm thinking of doing a similar thing, although it won't be exclusively dedicated to Lego but will be a "generic mancave" with our favorite bricks as well as music instruments, my crossbow and a tabletop wargame space. The thing is that my father's planning to buy this house in Greece as a place for the whole family to gather on holidays and for him to retire, and we're planning with him to tear down two of the bedrooms to create a ... a man-attic, since it'll be over the ground and not under it?
It'll be a three-generation thing, for my father, my brother in law, myself, and my nephew, so Lego will be a must-have.