Quick classic space setup

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
JamesH
I'm New !

Quick classic space setup

Post by JamesH » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:10 pm

It was a rainy weekend, so inspired by the pictures on the back of the instructions, we built a few classic space sets:

legodad
I'm New !

Re: Quick classic space setup

Post by legodad » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 am

Nice. I used to have those sets growing up, but my mom gave them all away. Good times. Too bad it would be a small fortune to get them back. It was nice when it was just building and exploring and not theme based and more violent as Lego seems now. I've bought so many legos for my son, and he loves time.. dont think ill give them away or sell when he grows up... I will be saving them for my grandchildren one day :)

Eddy976
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eddy976 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Nice space sets. But i've given up on space sets as i can't keep up with all the new lego's.

polywen
I'm New !

Post by polywen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:48 am

Sweet. I grew up on Classic Space. I miss those crater base plates.

happyfeet56
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by happyfeet56 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:22 pm

polywen wrote:I miss those crater base plates.
Though i've never seen those before, those plates looks pretty cool.

JamesH
I'm New !

Post by JamesH » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:24 am

legodad wrote:Nice. I used to have those sets growing up, but my mom gave them all away.
We're lucky, mine were never given away. Then a friend moved out of the country so gave us his old sets. I'd never built the Galaxy Explorer (had always waned to) so that's what we started with then just did a bunch of random sets that we have.

Too bad we ran out of time before doing the Galaxy Commander, that was another of my favorites.