LEGO Cuusoo Western Town Modular Buildings

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Cuusoo Western Town Modular Buildings

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Eurobricks member marshal_banana created this lovely LEGO Western Town Modular Creation a while back. If you want this, make sure to vote on LEGO Cuusoo by clicking the support button. Right now, its standing roughly at 1900 votes.

In an attempt to push the number up to 10 000 (to get this to LEGO Review Status at LEGO Cuusoo), we'll be joining with Eurobricks, Brickset and The Brothers Brick in this campaign. Let's see if we can get this LEGO model to be the choosen one!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-cuusoo-west ... buildings/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

ireladd
I'm New !

Re: LEGO Cuusoo Western Town Modular Buildings

Post by ireladd » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 pm

I love the set and hope it makes it through, but... it's not going to make it through. Yeah, it might get the 10,000 votes to go to review, but LEGO will take one look at this and decide it's not worth it. With the amount of pieces used that is easily a $200 set, which I just don't think will sell well.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:54 am

ireladd wrote:I love the set and hope it makes it through, but... it's not going to make it through. Yeah, it might get the 10,000 votes to go to review, but LEGO will take one look at this and decide it's not worth it. With the amount of pieces used that is easily a $200 set, which I just don't think will sell well.
They could however break it down into several sets.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:48 am

The LEGO Group modifies the set to their liking.

MoistVomit
I'm New !

Post by MoistVomit » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:38 am

I'm seriously in love with this set. If they broke it up into 20 sub sets I'd still buy every one. If it doesn't make it as a release I'd hope he would consider selling custom instructions.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Yes, on Eurobricks they are saying that if approved it would be a theme, so each building would be a single set. I'd be down with that, they look great.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

MrDisco
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MrDisco » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:56 pm

wow that's fantastic! not sure if the 'guns' sign would remain but i want this set :|

how do you go about purchasing from Cuusoo if you're in Canada?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:16 pm

i wonder why there's no steam punk modular creations. i would love to buy some neo-victorian architecture and vehicles.

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:13 pm

After many weeks on the back burner, I finally voted for the set on Cuusoo. I encourage all to vote. It has been stuck at 3000's for a week. Even the Back to the future car is beating it.

Vote people vote!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:52 am

Isn't this a good set, is it? I can't believe this outstanding set merely receives 3750 votes so far. Could I conclude that there are only 3750 AFOL in this world? I am not the fans of cowboy theme, but I still support it. People please signup and vote.

MoistVomit
I'm New !

Post by MoistVomit » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:41 pm

an aside, and in response to NATELITE's query:
Steampunk? Check out BRICK JOURNAL magaine issue #17, it's an entire issue dedicated to Steampunk MOC's and includes instructions and part lists for a few steampunk moc's.

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm so happy to see the LEGO community support this project. I certainly did in my blog from a few weeks ago: http://thebrickblogger.com/2012/02/lego ... roduction/

I really like the opportunity that CUUSOO presents so I've been doing a series of blogs about CUUSOO, trying to show people the value of it, how to navigate and featuring a few cool projects.

Here are the other blog entries, in case anyone is interested:
http://thebrickblogger.com/2012/02/navi ... go-cuusoo/
http://thebrickblogger.com/2012/02/lego ... -feedback/

I hope this isn't considered spam because I really just want to spread the word about CUUSOO. I think there are a lot of misconceptions about CUUSOO and a lot of untapped potential. In fact, if anyone knows of a cool project that they'd like to promote, please let me know. The only way any of these projects are going to become a reality is to spread the word far and wide. :-D

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:33 pm

This project just recently made it to the half way point, and I just want to use that as an excuse to encourage anyone who hasn't yet supported it to please go and help make the western town into an awesome set. :up:

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:05 am

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:This project just recently made it to the half way point, and I just want to use that as an excuse to encourage anyone who hasn't yet supported it to please go and help make the western town into an awesome set. :up:
I really hope it makes it to 10,000. I think it's a great accomplishment that it got to 5,000. I also encourage anyone who hasn't supported it yet to do so. It really is a fantastic project! :up:

doriansdad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by doriansdad » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:32 am

I can't see Lego doing a "GUNS" building. Even if they do decide to do a whole line of these buildings the mods made by TLG would pale in comparison to the original. I say no way TLG invests that kind of money on this project - sorry guys. Maybe they should follow the models adopted by other collectible manufacturers and take pre-orders up front from AFOLs to meet a certain quota and just produce those numbers with a few more. This would allow them to market more adult oriented sets and limit their risk.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:43 am

doriansdad wrote:I can't see Lego doing a "GUNS" building. Even if they do decide to do a whole line of these buildings the mods made by TLG would pale in comparison to the original. I say no way TLG invests that kind of money on this project - sorry guys. Maybe they should follow the models adopted by other collectible manufacturers and take pre-orders up front from AFOLs to meet a certain quota and just produce those numbers with a few more. This would allow them to market more adult oriented sets and limit their risk.
Fans on Eurobricks is voting for their favourite building and currently the Saloon is winning. But I do like your pre-order idea.

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:23 am

I can imagine TLG capturing the essence of this set in something closer in size to the Medieval Market Village. I would have to think a $99 Western Town set would sell like hot cakes. Maybe release two versions a year apart...?

ShaydDeGrai
I'm New !

Post by ShaydDeGrai » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:08 am

ireladd wrote:I love the set and hope it makes it through, but... it's not going to make it through. Yeah, it might get the 10,000 votes to go to review, but LEGO will take one look at this and decide it's not worth it. With the amount of pieces used that is easily a $200 set, which I just don't think will sell well.
As with all things marketing, the price point will be a function of trading off the number of people who want this set with the amount of money they're willing to spend on it. A price tag of $200 (or more) is a non-issue (or even a plus) if enough people with that sort of money available are willing to spend it on a Lego set.

The existing line of modular buildings sell in the the $150-$250 range and have been both popular and profitable of the company. The UCS Millenium Falcon ($500) and mini-figure play set Death Star ($400) were both hot selling items despite the very high price tag. In contrast, during some of TLG leanest years (when they nearly went bankrupt) the average product in their line sold for less than $50 but the low price tag just didn't translate into sufficient sales to turn a profit. There were a LOT of other contributing factors besides price in those years but one of the many lessons they learned was that people care about quality, detail and building complexity, price is usually a secondary consideration; Lego fans tend to buy the "best" sets they they can afford.

By this mantra, I could easily see this concept becoming a series of 4 to 6 buildings selling in the $150-$200 each, with one or two being introduced each year (possibly coupled with a higher end Western Train Set (a la the Emerald Knight and Maersk Train) based on some historic steam engine design (as opposed to prior, more generic/cartoonish western train offerings). AFOLs would definitely be a key part of the marketing demographic.

danutsta
Peasant
Peasant

Post by danutsta » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:31 pm

im mostly into city stuff but i would buy this.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:19 am

This project just passed 8,000 supporters, at the current supporters per week this should reach 10k in around 4 weeks. Please give your support if you have not done so already.