A MOC - Kragled

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
vc59755
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: First pics of the brick AR-15 stock

Post by vc59755 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:54 pm

I am sorry not to be rude but ur turning a toy in to a weapon not ok there are kids on this site come on

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:05 am

And you never built a toy gun out of LEGO?

I'm of the firm belief that children should be taught responsible use of firearms by their parents. Having a child build a rifle stock gives ample time for the parent to teach the rules of firearm safety while maintaining the interest of the child in the lesson. One of the reasons I've spent so much time on this entry length stock is the demands of children at gun shows - when they saw the prototype, they wanted one. I saw a little girl walking around the gun show with her dad, bored out of her mind. When she saw my stock, her eyes lit up - she saw how her world of LEGO and her dad's world of guns could connect for the first time.

This stock is the one thing in the world of firearms that kids are better @ than adults - kids have current experience with plastic bricks, whereas their parents have often not played with them for 10-20 years.

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:24 pm

The afternoon's work:

The sloped bricks will be glued into the A2 pistol grip (a standard AR-15 part, cost me $3) w/ my favorite volumetric glue - 2-part epoxy, costing more than the pistol grip to begin with. The lower receiver is an Aero blem - ran me $60 & an FBI background check @ a Texas gun show. The rear butt is near stock Mk8, w/ very slight improvements. Now I just have to connect everything together. Likely the bottom beams will be replaced w/ 2 hole 2 x1 Technic bricks, w/ the ubiquitous 10-24 rod running through the holes.

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Ok, I got it together, now what? Do I extend the butt down and make a square box w/ cross members? Put a magazine holder in the middle somehow? Just kinda creatively stuck, which is frustrating, b/c after this comes the real challenge.

And here's the real issue - say I finish it out, and go to test it - it's Kragelized @ that point. No changes. I gotta start over w/ $50 worth of bricks. So I want to get it pretty close to final before I submit it to Lord Business.

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:21 pm

We have reached 3000 views of this thread. To celebrate, I'm giving away a Mk 8 rifle stock kit. Unfortunately, due to ITAR, this is open to US residents only, no APO, no FPO, US & US Possessions only. 1st to post up an "I'll take it" gets it. PM me your address, and I'll get it in the mail.

Description of the Mk 8 stock kit is here:

http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... 33&t=11183

You'll need a mil-spec carbine buffer tube, 4 small tubes of Cragle, and .85 fl oz of 2-part epoxy.

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:46 pm

And 2500 of them are yours. Stop bumping your own gun thread please.

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks steve, I knew I could count on you for a bump. Thanks for the views as well. How many would you guess you've contributed to this happy day?

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Ah, the perils of Cragle:

Went to swap out stocks today, and discovered the hex key would not quite fit in the hex screw. I had to break off the quarter caps to get the key in. If I go back to the Mk 7 removable stock design I'll have to revisit the issue of the center of the screw being just under the bottom of the quarter caps. The bottom needs reinforcement as well, with my favorite threaded rods, and the index pin at the front needs to be changed from plastic to metal.

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:38 am

The philosophy of trusting your government to protect you is perhaps outside the scope of this thread. It's a very interesting proposition that Europeans tend to accept and Americans tend to reject.

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:56 pm

We've reached 4000 views - I'll repeat my offer to send you a rifle stock kit to Kragle. It includes the steel rods you'll need to reinforce it. You'll need to supply the rifle, including a mil-spec diameter carbine buffer tube, the Kragle, the 2-part epoxy, and the excited 11 year old. US & our Possessions only, due to ITAR.

All you need to do is be the first to post up w/ an "I'll take it." Happy Thanksgiving!

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Folks,

Had this Feinstein stock prototype on display @ GT Distributors in Dallas, TX. When I went to refill the business card holder today, the stock was missing, and the staff of GT Distributors does not have it.

http://www.feinsteinproject.org/loes/ef ... embled.jpg

This was a prototype, and as such, does not have the necessary steel reinforcing rods of the production stock below:

If you see someone with the prototype on their rifle, or, God forbid, their shotgun, urge them not to shoot it, and pass the information along to http://www.gtdist.com/ or me at www.FeinsteinGewehrWerke.com I am offering a production Mk 8 rifle stock kit for the return of the Mk 5C prototype. You may email me at [email protected]

Gig 'em,

Gregory Bowling
Managing Member of Mischief
Feinstein Gewehr Werke, LLC

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Feinstein stock stolen - reward

Post by backbencher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Young Grayson modeling the Mk8 stock:

http://www.feinsteingewehrwerke.com/loe ... rayson.jpg

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: A MOC - Kragled

Post by backbencher » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:49 pm

A policeman tying my rifle at a gun show today saw my stock, and commented that he had heard that someone had made an actual working firearm suppressor out of Lego. Given the pressures involved, I'm inclined to discount that, but off I went to Google and stumbled on someone's MOC of a modeled suppressor. And then it occurred to me - the standard size hole might just be a good fit for a .177" air rifle suppressor baffle. There's some legalities involved, as BATFE might allege that I'm trying to build an untaxed firearm suppressor, which could result in them trying to seize all the Lego Technic bricks in the US as unlicensed silencer parts (they've declared a string a machinegun before), but I'll probably have to write them to see.

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:25 am

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Well, someone else has built one now:

From this:

http://i.imgur.com/wnCTbER.jpg

To this:

Starting here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/168241 ... #i52994572

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:33 pm

My Arab godchildren had asked to shoot the plastic brick stock months ago, so I was finally able to take them today. Unfortunately, the buffer tube on the entry length stock is bent, so they had to shoot the rifle stock length prototype. The 12 yr old didn't shoot much, but the 9 year old had fun, and impressed the gals shooting their .22"LR pistols next to us. What is easy in Call of Duty is a bit more difficult in the real world.

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Sat May 09, 2015 5:32 pm

A very cool project. Great to see someone who hasn't bought into the notion that guns and kids equals death. The sad reality is that the vast majority of gun "accidents" are pure negligence and a direct result of violating the basics of gun safety. Teach a child three simple rules and you will eliminate virtually all accidents.

1) The gun is ALWAYS LOADED.
2) Know what you are aiming at before shooting.
3) Only shoot what you intend to kill/destroy.

Knowledge is power. Training saves lives. (Okay, I'm off my soapbox).

Do have a link to that BATFE declaring a string a machinegun story? I would love to read the legal documents on that one.

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Fri May 15, 2015 1:20 pm

My apologies for not responding more quickly. This is a good summary (including dates, and letters) of BATFE's initial decision, and when they pulled their heads out:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/0 ... chine-gun/

Thanks for the interest.

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Fri May 29, 2015 9:39 pm

An outdoor blog has written about the kit:

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2015/05/29/le ... ffer-tube/

backbencher
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by backbencher » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:54 am

http://www.feinsteinproject.org/loes/ef ... ripMk1.jpg

Needs moar Dremel, as the mag catch doesn't clear yet. Test mule is an RIA 1911 in .45" ACP, made in the Phillipines. Had to Dremel the inner two clutches out on each 4x2 so that the screw heads would fit, and also the cylinders underneath had to be cut out on all but the outsides to clear the grip screw seats. No Kragle yet.

ETA: A holster has already been suggested. :-D