Kaldrfell Castle

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
soccerkid6
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Kaldrfell Castle

Post by soccerkid6 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:20 am

An entry into the Castle category of the Colossal Castle Contest and a freebuild for Guilds of Historica. This is my largest build yet. There is a full interior in every building, and the keep lifts off and hinges open. Also every door/trapdoor, and the drawbridge and portcullis are all functional. Interior buildings inside the castle include: a smithy, servant's house, stable, and chicken coop.

There are lots more pictures here: http://brickbuilt.tk/Kaldrfell-Castle.php
All C&C welcome :-)
Last edited by soccerkid6 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Re: Kaldrfell Castle

Post by brickarmor » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 am

Superb, once again. I could lose hours gawking at the stuff in the Guilds. My son is almost 8 and really wants to learn how to do round buildings, so I'll make sure he studies your work here. PM me with your BL name and I'll send you a coupon, if you like.

soccerkid6
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by soccerkid6 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:20 pm

brickarmor wrote:Superb, once again. I could lose hours gawking at the stuff in the Guilds. My son is almost 8 and really wants to learn how to do round buildings, so I'll make sure he studies your work here. PM me with your BL name and I'll send you a coupon, if you like.
Thanks! There are definitely tons of amazing Castle builders in the Guilds of Historica. And PM sent, thanks for the offer :-)

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Anymore close-up images? Very nice snow effect. I like the cliff and stair you built in front of the castle. Do you know is there any online tutorial to teach beginner to make those rocks?

soccerkid6
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by soccerkid6 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:14 am

legohunter wrote:Anymore close-up images? Very nice snow effect. I like the cliff and stair you built in front of the castle. Do you know is there any online tutorial to teach beginner to make those rocks?
Whoops, forgot to give a link to more pictures: http://brickbuilt.tk/Kaldrfell-Castle.php
No I didn't, but it doesn't surprise me. There are lots of very useful LEGO tutorials on the internet :-)