Friends Store Display FS

This is a Buy/Sell/Trade forum meant for members helping other members. Trade at your own risk. We are not responsible for anything that goes wrong.
Forum rules
Please read the B/S/T Forum Guidelines before you start trading.
agrahmann
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Friends Store Display FS

Post by agrahmann » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:50 pm

I have the opportunity to sell a Lego Friends display a neighbor got from a local store. It's a massive display with LED lights, and motion-activated turntable, and about 10 sets inside, including Olivia's House and many others. It looks like this one: http://for-sale.yowcow.com/listing/21929910/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Is it worth anything to anyone here? Do you think I could get anything for it on ebay? I'm in the Minneapolis area.

Looking for advise or an offer. Thanks for the help!

LowestFormOfWit
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Friends Store Display FS

Post by LowestFormOfWit » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 am

I am more curious how your neighbor obtained a store display! Every time I ask about them it's either an "I don't know." or a "The vendor takes them when new ones arrive."

My personal hunch is they just callously toss the things in the trash. I'm dying to know!

agrahmann
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by agrahmann » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 pm

I asked that same thing, and she said she'd picked it up at a county auction thinking her grandkids would like it. We have those auctions all the time in our area, but it's usually farm equipment or antiques. Sadly, there's no way to know now how the auction seller got it.

agrahmann
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by agrahmann » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:41 pm

I also did some research online and found that they SHOULD be removed by the vendor, who just destroys them. Got that idea from some people selling theirs on eBay. Maybe some employee rescued this one.

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by CrazyRus » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Aren't those grued? I had SW one a few years back, I was at TRU one time when Lego vendor was switching display, asked if I can have the old one, she made me promise that I won't sell it and gave it to me :clap: I did held up my end of the bargain - gifted it to a friend who is into SW Legos.

Thank you very much again, kind Lego lady :-)

agrahmann
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by agrahmann » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm almost sure that, yes, it is glued. I'd keep it myself for the parts if it wasn't, but in the glued state it's good only for display.