The Simpsons LEGO Contest 2014 Winners

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

The Simpsons LEGO Contest 2014 Winners

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Our 2014 LEGO Microbuild Tournament - The Simpsons Contest is now officially over. Thank you to everyone that entered or voted. There are lots of great entries so do check them all out. Without further ado, here are the winners!

In second place, we have StClair's First Church of Springfield. Prize awarded: 71005 The Simpsons LEGO Series Minifigures (complete set of all 16 minifigures!)

And in first place, we have moofer's Micro Springfield Elementary School. Prizes awarded: 71006 The Simpsons House and 71005 The Simpsons LEGO Series Minifigures (complete set of all 16 minifigures!)

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/the-simpsons-leg ... 4-winners/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: The Simpsons LEGO Contest 2014 Winners

Post by hatcher » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:30 am

Congrats Moofer. And good job StClair. You both deserved to win. And kudos to all the other entrants. All very impressive builds.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:23 am

Congratulations to you both! Excellent work!

david

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:37 am

Yeah, this one had a great turnout, great work everyone and congrats to the winners!

I would also like to extend a special Honorable Mention to agrahmann for kicking the contest off with such a strong entry. The Kwik-E-Mart build was not only superbly constructed but created so kwikly that it took nearly another month before anyone else dared enter. Hats off to you!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Ultdrake
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Ultdrake » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:29 am

Congratz! With the quality of all entries you should be proud :cool:

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 am

Congrats to both. Just simply amazing entries all around.
Check out my blog - Buried in Bricks

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Congratulations moofer & St Clair! Your entries were awesome as were everyone else's. TNB this was a fun contest & I enjoyed seeing the variety of buildings & landmarks. There are so many clever models that I find myself looking at all the entries over & over.

I agree with Vynsane's comment. As soon as I saw the amazing KwikiMart I decided not to enter the contest, but who can resist The Simpsons? I told my husband that my goal was to get one vote so thank you iccarus for that vote!

wkunert
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wkunert » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:04 pm

The right two won. Congratulations! I never thought my entry stood a chance, but when no one else made the brewery toward the end, I felt I at least owed a submission to this forum that has sent me nice prizes in the past.

agrahmann
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by agrahmann » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:30 am

Congrats, you two! Both stunning entries.

And thanks for the kind words from everyone about my entry! I just love these contests!

moofer
I'm New !

Post by moofer » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:07 am

Thanks for the kind words and support for my micro build.

A big thank you to Toys N Bricks for having this fun contest. I've never won a Lego building contest before (this is my second try) and it was a subject that frankly I could not resist.

I thought the models were outstanding with at least 5 very strong contenders for a grand prize win, and StClair's model could not be improved upon - truly an exceptional entry in detail and execution. Congratulations StClair!

A wonderful experience through and through.

A sincerley appreciative AFOL,
Dennis

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Congrats, you two! Both builds were truly outstanding and deserved winning!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:44 am

Thank you everyone! Thank you for taking the time to vote and your kind comments. I'm glad that I didn't have the opportunity to vote because there were so many great entries and its never easy choosing. Do you choose the one that looks the most professional? The most accurate representation? The one with the most creative use of parts? Or the one that was the most challenging or daunting build? There was a lot of variety such as Athos's sculpture carved into the mountainside while most were buildings. Some were very large buildings like Essien8's Burns Manor which I considered trying to recreate but ruled it out because of the size of the building (on a hillside) because of the limited number of parts allowed. Some created very micro scale builds such as dho7622u's Springfield Mall and MrVx's Really Tiny Springfield Nuclear Power Plant which is harder than it looks (they actually make it look easy). Choosing the perfect parts and aligning them properly in very small space can be very difficult. I really liked Radioactive and Spacysmoke's representations of Krusty. I'm glad that I didn't have to vote :-D Thank you everyone for taking the time to vote.

Thank you moofer for your kind words and congratulations to you as well! You did a remarkable job recreating the Elementary School. I was particularly impressed by the vertical purple parts on either side of the entrance. Great solution. I also liked the techniques used for the entrance door and rounded window above the entrance. Binoculars on the roof was a great choice as well :-D

Vynsane and SEK527 are right. When I saw agrahmann's Kwik-E-Mart I was at the brainstorming phase and almost didn't continue with my build. Very impressive.

Thank you also Toys N Bricks for the opportunity and the time spent moderating and facilitating the competition.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:32 pm

Congratulations to moofer and StClair...awesome entries.

Thank you to ALL who entered, it was really fun to see so many great entries...you all are a very creative bunch and do not disappoint!

eklipsis
I'm New !

Post by eklipsis » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:38 pm

wow those both look awesome...congrats guys