[Voting] LEGO Avengers Contest

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Voting] LEGO Avengers Contest

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:41 pm

This is the voting info thread for the Toysnbricks LEGO Avengers Contest. We had Twenty-nine (29) entries for this contest! Our members have spent many hours creating these models, so please review all entries prior to voting.

Voting starts now and closes on Wednesday, July 15th at 11:59pm EST.
Winners will receive the following Toysnbricks sponsored prizes:
First Place will receive:
One (1) copy of 76042 S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier

Second Place will receive:
One (1) copy of 76031 Hulk Buster Smash AND one (1) copy of 76029 Iron Man vs Ultron
Voting Guidelines
  • Forum members registered after April 30th, 2015 (after announcement of the contest) are not eligible to vote
  • Contestants are not allowed to vote
  • Each member will have 3 points to vote with (if more than 3 points are given, the vote will not count)
  • Points can be divided amongst three entries (1 point each), two entries (1 point for one, 2 for the other), or all three to one single entry
  • Place your votes by private messaging Toys N Bricks. State the member(s) username, the creation name and the number of points you give to them in this format:
  • For comments, please place them in this thread
    {creation name} by {username}: 1 point
    {creation name} by {username}: 2 points
    You should be able to copy and paste the line directly from the list below.
IMPORTANT: Contestants, please make sure that your entry is listed and the link goes to your entry. If there is an error, please notify one of our staff team members.

Entries
At the end of the voting process, all votes will be tallied up and the winners will be announced. Good luck!
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Voting] LEGO Avengers Contest

Post by Ice » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:06 pm

reserved

Please PM User Toysnbricks with your votes. For comments, you may place them in this topic.

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:05 am

deleted

vexpix
I'm New !

Post by vexpix » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:16 am

Hulk punches Thor by agrahmann = 2 points

One of my favorite scenes from the first Avengers was this one. Fantastic build, and excellent use of forced perspective.

"The sun's getting real low." by StClair = 1 point

That build! I wish I had more points to give. There were so many awesome builds. I wish I had the time to build something so I wouldn't have had to vote!

Good luck to everyone!

Astericked
I'm New !

Post by Astericked » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:49 am

"Forum members registered after August 30th, 2015 (after announcement of the contest) are not eligible to vote"

You mean April?

Spartan4845
I'm New !

Post by Spartan4845 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Please tell me that more than one person voted.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:43 pm

Spartan4845 wrote:Please tell me that more than one person voted.
hehe. I hope so. I'm certain that they did. Voting is different this time. In the past voters cast their vote with a post. This time they were to send a private message with their vote.

I'm sure that more than one voted.

Good luck btw. You did a great job with yours. That was definitely one of the most memorable battle scenes in the movie.

I'm surprised no one did a scene with Captain America throwing his motorcycle into a jeep (or was it a tank?). That was awesome.

agrahmann
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by agrahmann » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:09 am

I'm actually hoping that there WAS only one voter! :)

LetterCsquared
I'm New !

Post by LetterCsquared » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:07 am

Well while we wait on the voting reveal, agrahmann your submission was definitely a spot on representation! I attempted to do a hulk scene, yours in particular and the puny god scene, but didn't have the right pieces to pull it off. So amazing job on the scene and even Hulk's arm....would have never thought to set it up like that.

StClair, I gotta know, how much do those hands weigh? Those things are also awesome. By looking at the pieces used they look pretty solid to me.

LetterCsquared
I'm New !

Post by LetterCsquared » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:23 am

Also Spartan4845, I'm jealous of all the tan pieces you had! I have like 30 random pieces and used what I could in my scene, but opted for light grey with a mix of dark grey because I have an ample amount of those.

Spartan4845
I'm New !

Post by Spartan4845 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:25 am

Ty Ty for the kind words Letter.

I'm not concerned if I didn't get any votes I just didn't read well enough about voting. In my head, at least before I was corrected about the PMs, it was "huh well that's weird for such an awesome prize.".

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:07 pm

LetterCsquared... thank you very much! It is pretty solid. Black Widows hand and hulks hand are solid but Black Widow's arm is hollow for the most part. I tried to determine its weight. The closest I could determine is that it is slightly less than 1 pound (because I help it in one hand and a 1 pound package of food from the pantry :-D ). I had to make the hulk's hand heavy to balance it and keep it from toppling over. I truly wish I had more time and bricks to extend both to both the right and left. It would have been great to have been able to have taken a picture that "cropped" both arms. Grad school.... bleh. I'm glad the contest date was just before my classes started.

Also I had no problem with your parts being mostly grey. It didn't distract me in the slightest. You did an amazing job with the landscaping and damaged walls.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:08 pm

What I liked best about agrahmann's entry was the building in the background (right side). Check out his photo from above to see how he made a corner of a "building". Very clever and looks great in the finished photo.

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:08 am

Spartan4845 wrote:Please tell me that more than one person voted.
Yes - more than one voted. I voted, but then I read the rules which stated thad votes were to be sent by PM so I deleted my votes & sent them by PM.

LetterCsquared
I'm New !

Post by LetterCsquared » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:44 pm

While waitng I'm starting to have the dilemma as whether to break apart my build or wait until the winners are announced...anyone else already take there builds down? It's kind of silly, I mean we already have the submission pictures up, but I just didn't feel like breaking it back down yet ^^

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm

LetterCsquared wrote:While waitng I'm starting to have the dilemma as whether to break apart my build or wait until the winners are announced...anyone else already take there builds down? It's kind of silly, I mean we already have the submission pictures up, but I just didn't feel like breaking it back down yet ^^
I always plan to take builds apart to re-use the pieces. I have very few sets that I've left assembled and displayed. I do still have my entry from last summer though. I'll take it apart at some point but so far I haven't needed the parts. I'll do the same with this one. When I need the parts I'll take it apart. Hey if you don't need the parts leave it assembled and on display

citizen
I'm New !

Post by citizen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:34 pm

First of all, great work everyone! My personal favourites are "Iron Man vs. Thor" by vitreolum, "SLO-MO" by MiguelClanLego and StClair, yours "The sun's getting real low"! The hands are really nicely built and it's such a fresh idea when compared to other entries, a great example of creativity! ;-)
LetterCsquared wrote:While waitng I'm starting to have the dilemma as whether to break apart my build or wait until the winners are announced...anyone else already take there builds down? It's kind of silly, I mean we already have the submission pictures up, but I just didn't feel like breaking it back down yet ^^
I feel the same way!! 50% is because I feel like the contest hasn't ended yet, and another 50% is I don't want too sort the parts after I take them apart! :-D

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Great entries everyone! Winners will be announced this Wednesday. (:

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:19 pm

Thank you citizen! My first idea was the close up but I considered using minifigures but really wanted to try building them. I considered building my own figures similar to the scale of Ian Heath (also known as Ochre Jelly... link to one of his MOC's http://www.crowsnbones.com/2011/09/the- ... ted-away1/ and staging the scene from a slight distance (before or after the camera zooms in close)
I actually thought that I may have time to build the same scene both ways... and of course time flies when ones building and sorting and looking for parts :-)

I enjoyed looking closer at yours trying to determine how you accomplish the angles and details. You did an outstanding job. Thank you for the kind words