[Contest] Top LEGO Set Reviewer - February 2011

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Contest] Top LEGO Set Reviewer - February 2011

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Top LEGO Set Reviewer Contest - February 2011

Our second Top LEGO Set Reviewer Contest is here! You could win a Brand-New 2011 LEGO Star Wars set just by posting LEGO reviews. For this contest, please post your reviews in the LEGO Reviews (February 2011 Contest) forum. Please read everything below before writing your review. Have fun!

Tip: Did you know that you can upload your review images in our forums? There is no need to upload it in 3rd party photo sharing sites. Its simple and easy! All you have to do is click on upload attachment, and click browse to choose your image file. Then click on "Add the file". Finally, click "Place Incline" to the place where you want the image to show in your review.

Evaluation
  • Set Description, Opinion, Ratings, Photos
  • Number of reviews written
  • Helpfulness to other forum members
Detailed Contest Rules
Reviews for sets released before 2008, small promotional or accessories sets will NOT COUNT. You can however still post them. This is to prevent flooding of our forums with reviews that either do not contribute or really help other members (i.e sets no longer available for purchase at the retail level). Sets that are more new and recent and have not been reviewed in our forums would gain more points as well. Some of these reviews are exceptions (i.e review on a complete set of series 1 minifigures). Use your own judgement. Please contact an adminstrator for approval if you are not sure.

Basic Contest Rules
  • One Account Per Person
  • Contest opened to all countries where not prohibited
  • New members are welcome and eligible
  • Reviews must be exclusive to Toys N Bricks
  • Reviews without original taken pictures are ineligible
Contest starts now and ends on February 28 at 21:00 PST or 0:00 EST (March 1).

Prizes
There will be one grand prize winner for this contest. Prize depends on the location of the winner.
  • If the winner is from United States, they will receive a Brand-New LEGO Star Wars 7927 The Battle of Naboo set (or $20 LEGO Gift Card)
  • If the winner is from Canada, they will receive a Brand-New LEGO Star Wars 7915 Imperial V-Wing Fighter set (or $30 LEGO Gift Card)
  • If the winner is outside of North America, they will receive a Brand-New 2011 LEGO Star Wars Battle Pack
Toys N Bricks reserves the right to modify or change the rules at anytime. By accepting the prize, you have read and understood the rules and Toys N Bricks’ privacy policy.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [CONTEST] Top LEGO Set Reviewer - February 2011

Post by Ice » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:00 pm

To make the prize info more clear, there will be only be one prize and the prize will depend on where the winner is from. Its NOT one winner for each country.

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:53 pm

I just wanna know the exactly marking scheme of the review.
Cause hypothetically, the person who buys the most lego could easily just win.
And I'm not a person who can spends much on Lego.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Just like the last review contest, it is based on the amount of LEGO reviews written along with quality. If there is a tie to the amount of reviews written between two members, quality will be heavily judged.

I can't really say its the person who buys the most LEGO will win cause it does take quite a bit of effort, dedication, and time. Also, only a very small percentage (~0.5-1%) of our community actually participate in these contests. I understand where you are getting at which is also why we have a variety of contests all year round. If you don't feel like entering in this one, you can always enter in the next one. I'm sure we'll have a contest for everyone eventually. ;)

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:35 pm

tired wrote:I just wanna know the exactly marking scheme of the review.
I feel your pain. I'd like to see more of an emphasis on the quality of the reviews vs. the amount of the reviews. Anyone can take a bunch of pictures and toss them up there, but careful planning, lighting, different angles, commentary and attention brought to specific elements of a set should be considered too.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:21 pm

legitimatealex wrote:
tired wrote:I just wanna know the exactly marking scheme of the review.
I feel your pain. I'd like to see more of an emphasis on the quality6 of the reviews vs. the amount of the reviews. Anyone can take a bunch of pictures and toss them up there, but careful planning, lighting, different angles, commentary and attention brought to specific elements of a set should be considered too.
Quantity is important but quality is also very important. Apologies if my last post was not clear enough.
Marking will be based on the following as stated in the evaluation section.
  • Set Description, Opinion, Ratings, Photos
  • Number of reviews written
  • Helpfulness to other forum members

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks for this : ) I see a lot of set reviews going up there but I don't think they're being as well done as they could be. It's worrisome.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?