[Contest] Microbuild LEGO Tournament 2012 Contest

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Microbuild LEGO Tournament 2012 Contest

Post by silvashado » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:12 am

nick91884 wrote:Have yet to make a moc, I think I will try this! One question, how the heck do you guys keep track of the number of parts? Just count as you go? take pictures and disassemble?

Also I dont own the mini modulars, Ill have to look at your mocs to get an idea of dimensions and where the connector bricks go on the sides.
As I build a section, like the first floor, I take a piece count if I'm pretty sure I like it. Then I move on to the next level. I'm sure there are other ways to do it. This is just how I do it. The good news is the model is small and you probably won't have much interior so you should be able to count most of the pieces at the end.

You should download the building instructions from LEGO to get a better idea of how the modulars are built. http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/Buildi ... fault.aspx

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:23 pm

Quick question. I just added photos to the pool for the competition, but when I view it not logged into my flickr account I don't see them. I'm sure all my flickr settings are for public view.

Can anyone else see my entry in the pool.

Some of these should show up in the pool. http://www.flickr.com/photos/53204307@N ... 678357991/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: I guess I need to be approved for joining the group or something like that for public viewing. I see "Mr.Attacki" added some photos that have the same issue. I can see his photos when I'm logged into flickr only.

EDIT 2: I was checking out last years microbuild 2011 competition and it appears another contestant had the same issue. Issue appears to be flickr related. I'm not worried that I'm entered, as they are visible in my post entry regardless. It just bugs me because I know something isn't quite right.

Check out the last years 2011 microbuild competition. There are some great builds.

echax
I'm New !

Post by echax » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:09 pm

This is my entry for the Microbuild LEGO Tournament Contest.
It is called Petit Patesserie.
219 pieces.

[redacted]

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:26 am

Hi, echax - your entry in the [Entries] topic is enough, so I've removed it from this topic.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [Questions, Info] Microbuild LEGO Tournament 2012 Contes

Post by vynsane » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:22 pm

i just have to say, way to go EVERYONE who entered this contest - there are a TON of fantastic entries. I think this is the best ballot yet, and there's still two weeks to enter!

nick91884
Knight
Knight

Post by nick91884 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:39 pm

vynsane wrote:i just have to say, way to go EVERYONE who entered this contest - there are a TON of fantastic entries. I think this is the best ballot yet, and there's still two weeks to enter!
I thought it was 2 days? Anyways I totally agree, tons of great entries! Too bad I think so many more of them are better than my own :mad: , I really wanted a town hall :cry:
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Yay, it's 2 days. Can't wait for voting to start. There are sooo many good entries! It'll be a tough contest.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Yeah, it's two days. I thought it was the end of the month :-| I've had a little too much wine tonight...

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Ice wrote:
vynsane wrote:
akunthita wrote:1. Does the mini-modular building has to fit into the current mini-modular line? Meaning; it has to be a contemporary city set? Or could it be a competely different theme? (Like the CUUSOO Western modulars project, or any other theme?)
This, I'm not sure on and would defer to Ice. I would think, though, that it shouldn't look out of place between two official Mini Modular buildings. That said, I think if you were to create a mini western saloon or mini 'Space Police Central', it would just look like a 'theme restaurant' betwixt the official models, so I don't think it really matters much what 'theme' you choose.
I think vynsane summed up everything already. :up:
Ack, I don't know how I didn't see this before! Clearly my pink/lime green and purple creation clashes (badly) with the other mini-modulars' color scheme. :what?: oh well, hopefully some of the voters are color-blind. ;-)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:24 am

I don't think you need to worry - I meant more architecture- and scale-wise than color scheme. All the modulars, and therefore mini-modulars, have differing color schemes. Same as different houses on a block. Having seen the image of your entry between two other official mini modulars, I say it easily falls in line with the others.

Emjade99
I'm New !

Post by Emjade99 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:11 am

Im trying to enter this contest but I am unable to add an image to my post. When i hit add the file, the screen just goes blank white and freezes, and then it just expires. And whats this whole bbcode thing with the img tags. Ive never had to be a programmer just to add a picture to a post before.

Emjade99
I'm New !

Post by Emjade99 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:26 am

Do I also have to post the images on flickr first before I can post on the entry site?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Emjade99 wrote:Do I also have to post the images on flickr first before I can post on the entry site?
Yes as mentioned on the entries thread.
Submit your Entry
  • Upload your images onto our Flickr Group Pool (you can upload as many as you want)
  • Tag your images as "Toysnbricks"
  • You may link your Flickr account here so we can see additional images
  • Post your creation in this topic with up to 2 images and the amount of pieces you have used
  • You may edit your entry as many times as you like until the deadline (April 15)

Calculus3.14
I'm New !

Post by Calculus3.14 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 am

Hi. I'm new to Toys N Bricks and LEGO contests. How does the voting system work?

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:31 am

I wanted to say thanks to all of the contestants for entering. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to view the models. =)