[Entries] LEGO Spring 2013: Classic Movie Vignette

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [Entries] LEGO Spring 2013: Classic Movie Vignette

Post by Eek » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:35 am

"Give Me Angry"

View more images at my Flickr set here. The set includes images without the pane parts (they slide out from the top), so that the reflections don't get in the way.

Ghostbusters II (1989), reference video clip, Vigo painting
CMF requirement: Sleepyhead head + hair, Zookeeper torso, Detective legs
197 pieces

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:20 am

I must congratulate all the people out there who can apparently read my mind and did scenes from movies that I was considering doing. Planet of the Apes, The Godfather, 2001, The Princess Bride, Godzilla, the list goes on. I am floored by all the awesome entries.

So, I went with plan H. Tarzan. There have been at least 37 movies made about Tarzan before 1992, and several since. This scene is not based on any one specific Tarzan movie, but is more of a homage to them all. In this scene Jane and two of her guides encounter Tarzan by a Jungle Stream. Tarzan is 100% CMF, as is Jane. The other two are from the Adventures line. The tree does slightly overhang the edges of the 16x16 base, but not by very much. There is about 80 pieces.

IMG_0877 by hatcherman, on Flickr

IMG_0876 by hatcherman, on Flickr

And a link to my photosteam to see it from a few other angles.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hatcherman/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:29 am

Title: Electric Mayhem. I recreated a scene from The Muppet Move from 1979. I used 267 including the minifigs & accessories. In this scene The Electric Mayhem is playing "Can U Picture That!"
Kermit & Fozzie Bear stop at a building that was previously a church. There they meet The Electric Mayhem who repaint Fozzie's uncle's car while they sing Can U Picture That! The CMFs are playing the parts of the band. Animal is played by Series 1 Cavemen - complete with club for drumstick, Dr. Teeth is the Series 8 Pirate with, but wearing the Ring Master's top hat. Zoot is the Series 1 Tribal Hunter's torso & legs, the Series 2 Mime's hat & the top of the sax is the Series 4 Sailor's telescope, Janis is played by the CMF Pop Star with CMF Galactic Girl's hair, Floyd is the Series 7 Hippie. I used CMF 7 DJ's records for the two drum tops. You can see the movie scene on You Tube by checking Muppet Move Electric Mayhem Can You Picture That. Sorry the first picture is sideways. I can't get it to load correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SEK527 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Combee
I'm New !

Post by Combee » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:43 pm

Here's my entry: The baby raptor hatching scene from Jurassic Park (1993). It's hard to believe it's been 20 year since that movie came out but I still love it to this day and the visual effects can stand up to many movies that are currently being released!

For the minifigure I used the Lizard Man but replaced the head with the Alien Villainess' pink head. The total number of parts is: 426 (219 for the base, egg and claw robot; 153 for John Hammond; 54 tan 1x4's for the straw - counting these was fun :crazy: ). For reference I've also attached a shot of the scene from the movie.

Several more shots can be found in my flickr gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76855406@N ... 131108073/

There have been some excellent entries so far, good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Combee on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 pm

The Piano at FAO Schwarz

Movie:BIG (1988)

Number of pieces: 156

BIG by MathBuilder, on Flickr

Back view:
BIG back view by MathBuilder, on Flickr

For the image that served as inspiration for the vignette click here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76149250@N ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For a you tube video of the piano scene click here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yu62StlsMY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

andrewduke711
I'm New !

Post by andrewduke711 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:52 pm

Sonny Corleone gets whacked

From The Godfather (1972)
317 pieces
In this famous scene Sonny gets trapped at a toll plaza and is whacked by an opposing gang. The roof to the toll plaza lifts off, which you can see in the second picture. Inside are two more gangsters with tommy guns and a police officer that collects the tolls. The toll bar pictured actually raises! The collectable minifigure used is the gangster from series 5.
20130331_230741.jpg
20130331_231115.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MotionOTheOcean
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MotionOTheOcean » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:41 pm

Wow some great entries, I can't wait until voting starts!