[USA] Summer LEGO Friends Jungle Theme & Technic Now Available at Amazon

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] Summer LEGO Friends Jungle Theme & Technic Now Available at Amazon

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:26 pm

The new LEGO Friends sets from the Jungle theme are now available for sale at Amazon. A couple of these sets are already on backorder including 41036 Jungle Bridge Rescue and 41034 Summer Caravan. The new Summer 2014 LEGO Technic sets are also available at Amazon as well.

LEGO Jungle Friends Summer 2014 Sets

Heartlake Shopping Mall (reg.$109.99)
Jungle Rescue Base (reg.$59.99)
Summer Caravan (reg.$29.99)
Jungle Bridge Rescue (reg.$29.99)
Jungle Falls Rescue (reg.$19.99)
First Aid Jungle Bike (reg.$14.99)
Andrea's Mountain Hut (reg.$9.99)
Olivia's Ice Cream Bike (reg.$9.99, marked up at Amazon to $11.99)

Popular Technic sets that are already on backorder at LEGO Shop, but still available at Amazon include 42020 Twin-Rotor Helicopter (reg.$12.99) and 42030 Remote Controlled VOLVO L350F Wheel Load (reg.$249.99).

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-lego-friends ... at-amazon/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Summer LEGO Friends Jungle Theme & Technic Now Ava

Post by SEK527 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:25 am

First the Friends gang were into food: lemonade stands, bakery, ice cream etc. I like the idea of jungle sets, but why all the rescues? I'm sure they could have more adventures than rescuing a monkey or teddy bear.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:31 am

^ Well, obviously kids can play however they want, but I think it's just another part of TLG's (seemingly) concerted effort to subversively drive "girl toys" in a different direction from the superficial (shopping, beauty, etc..) to more activity-based (soccer, karate, magic...). Jungle Rescue is more than just a "let's look at the pretty animals" and more a directed storyline of the Friends characters taking an active part in saving the environment/animals.

Sure, there is still the Heartlake Mall in this wave, and it's one of the larger sets, but it's overshadowed by the number of Jungle Rescue sets being released.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

moofer
I'm New !

Post by moofer » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:20 pm

I know from my daughters play style that it's all about the animals. Horses, cats, dogs, anything cute and furry. I'm betting the R&D department picked up on this little nugget as a way to drive sales.

Just look at Unikitty with the LEGO movie. A brilliant move on expanding interest to girls (and boys secure enough to admit they like cute too).

I expect we will have enough heart lake animals to build a Zoo soon.