[USA] Minifig Series 12 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Minifig Series 12 at Walmart

Post by eisenmatt » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:19 am

I checked every single bag at my Walmart and couldnt for sure find a battle goddess so I ended up just guessing on two I thought could be it and got the Pig Guy and the Gold prospector/hillbilly. Meh, the figs are great I just wish Lego wouldve maybe jumped to 3.49 or 3.50 first instead of blatantly fleecing their fans.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:49 am

I heard Kmart had the simsion figures for 2.99, hopefully they will do the same for series 12

legodt
I'm New !

Post by legodt » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:06 pm

I just went to Target (in Illinois) this morning and they had two boxed-up display racks with 240 packets each. I asked them to open the outer box and a employee scanned the packet and it rang up $2.99, so I purchased 50 of them with my additional RedCard 5% discoun. The checkout person also let me have the entire display rack. There was also a sticker on the outer box stating that these Minifigures should not have been placed on the shelves until October 1st... After October 1st, Target will probably update the barcode, so that it will ring up at $2.99. I say... head over to Target.

legoabba
I'm New !

Post by legoabba » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:27 pm

A lot of small "educational" toy stores (e.g., Learning Express in PA) tend to sell the minifigures significantly above MSRP by a buck or two. Some people apparently paid $5.99 for the Simpsons.

sethmiller25
I'm New !

Post by sethmiller25 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:42 pm

I just bought a bunch in Utah. The price was 2.99!!!!!!

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Wow, four bucks for a minifig. Hard to swallow new price. Weren't the first few series only 2 bucks each? That's a 100% markup from just a few years ago. Inflation must be hitting plastic first.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

DanyaZ
I'm New !

Post by DanyaZ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:30 pm

In Target, Did you find the minifigures in the Lego section?

legodt
I'm New !

Post by legodt » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:22 pm

I found them in the toy section before they were put on the shelves. It came in an endcap display, so I would expect to find them in the toy section, not the Halloween section.

Cara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cara » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:43 pm

On your Target receipt what is the DCPI number please, they should ring up as 204 .........

thank you.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:13 pm

I won't be able to boycott series 12 (Sorry everyone). There are several that I will be buying multiples of even though I think $3.99 is too much for blind bag minifigures (especially those made in China with slightly lower quality). At the same time though I have spent $1.50 or more for many individual torsos or heads or hats or hairpieces that I really liked on the secondary market in the past... so if a particular blind bag minifig has several pieces that I really want I can easily justify paying $3.99 for the entire minifig even if I think the LEGO company is being somewhat greedy by raising the price. I suppose I should be happy that they are producing such a variety of printed parts and newly sculpted parts. Consider the selection of minifigure parts BEFORE LEGO blind bag minifigures. Even though I'm not happy with the price I'm happy that we have such a selection of parts now. I will definitely be purchasing LESS blind bags in the future as many others have stated they will do.

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Anyone who thinks that the price increase on the Simpsons figures was because of the license or the new molds is absolutely wrong. The typical price increase for a license deal is 6 - 12% royalty goes to the company of license not 33%. The new molds that were made honestly cost lego next to nothing bc of the fact that they make millions of each figure.

The price increase was solely bc lego wanted to charge more. Which is becoming true of all their product lines. Sets are costing more and coming with less pieces and uniqueness. I will get some of the figures if i can find them for 25% off at TRU for $3 as long as TRU doesn't charge their typically 25% increase on top of MSRP. I'm not holding my breath.

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Perhaps Lego dares to charge more with the idea of the added value of the online game.

I notice on the packets it prominently advertised the "ONline Playcode" for Lego Minigifures Online.

I don't agree with jacked up price, I am simply stating that perhaps this is why Lego feels that the public would tolerate it.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 pm

There are several good ones in this series. Goth girl and pig guy especially appeal to me. But I'm put off by the price increase. I understand that costs are continually rising, especially labor costs in China over the past few years. I would hope that TLG would understand that high percentage price increases don't sit well with customers, but realistically they're big enough that they're gonna do what they want to do. As for me, at these prices the time and trouble of seeking out the few that I like just might not be worth it anymore.

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:02 pm

I think Lego is crazy if they think people are going to pay $3.99 for a non-Simpsons, non-Movie wave of figures. Sure, some of them are nice. And they will probably keep the casual buyers. But this is going to be a drain on sales. I sure know I am not buying a full set, and no extras, either. I would typically buy some extras of the cool figures or army build. Now? Not at all.

For Lego's sake, I hope whatever money they make on this balances out the lost sales. As much as I don't want Lego to fail, I hope this cash grab does, and the price goes back down when sales are dismal.

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 pm

@ Cara
On your Target receipt what is the DCPI number please, they should ring up as 204 .........

thank you.
DCPI 204000261

JeagerEX
Citizen
Citizen

Post by JeagerEX » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:04 am

What is the DCPI number for Walmart or walgreens??

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:51 am

anakinisvader wrote:Wow, four bucks for a minifig. Hard to swallow new price. Weren't the first few series only 2 bucks each? That's a 100% markup from just a few years ago. Inflation must be hitting plastic first.
Have you heard? After the huge success of the Lego movie, then becomming number one toy company in the world. Lego think they can do anything and the public will suck up everything from them, simply, they are becomming like Walmart. Anything from Walmart is a great deal even at MSRP. So many blind people with good eye sights these days, the rich get richer, and the poor, well, sad really.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:36 am

Haven't seen these anywhere yet but the price has kinda killed the mood to collect these anymore.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 am

I know now the reason for the $2.99 price. I went to three Targets today and had the same experience in all 3.
Told the employee of the product, they check their scanner and the item is in the back room, but it’s labeled as discontinue. (key word).
Target system is showing the price from the previous minifigure line.

They get a confused look on their face and I tell them that the item is the new Lego minifigure series. They tell me they will go to the back to check; they also ask me how many I want. They go check and come back with nothing. This is when they explain to me that the product is street dated for October 1 and they can’t sell it to me. They have direct orders from Lego not to sell the item; it’s illegal if they do.

So my best guess/speculation is that Target will update their system before October 1 to reflect the new MSRP. Or we are all making big fuzz out of nothing; which I doubt.
I will go back on September 30 to check the price. If they still show $2.99 I will try to see if they sell them the day before.

For those who find them at $2.99 and are able to buy them, count yourself extremely lucky.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:19 am

My target had em in the system for 3.99, and there was nothing indicating it should have been released on OCT 1